Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2008, 8:21 am

Revenge prank - install a new language layout for that computer. Then you can say to them "Nope, I'm not falling for it again!" Then change it back when she goes to someone else for help.

Maybe Japanese, German, Korean, Hebrew, or something ? :lol:

Koldune
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Location: At the tree from whither come the roots of which no one knows

25 Sep 2008, 11:23 am

Keith wrote:
Revenge prank - install a new language layout for that computer. Then you can say to them "Nope, I'm not falling for it again!" Then change it back when she goes to someone else for help.

Maybe Japanese, German, Korean, Hebrew, or something ? :lol:

No! 8O Maintain a professional, serious attitude toward your work, regardless of how unprofessionally or childishly anyone else acts. Starting—or continuing—a "prank war" could get everyone involved in a lot of trouble. The best and only winning move in that kind of "game" is not to play.

?E. Weatherwax
Pro te ipso faciete. (Do for yourself.)

cazzie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2008, 11:09 am

where the joke if these is one. i prolims show her hot to put her/him there hands on the keyboard just to make sure they are doing it right.

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:14 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Thanks for your replies. What I did was I went over to her computer and typed 'dsdsdsdsds' and the keys seemed to work fine. She didn't say anything and just sat there looking at me so I explained that I was trying to help her because she had said that her keys weren't working properly. She said something like, 'yes, I know. I was only joking. You are so easy to wind up, the temptation is almost irresistable'. The other person in the room seemed to know that she had only been joking. I felt silly, but how was I supposed to know she had been joking? :?

Joking ?
How was it a joke ?
I mean, in what way was it meant to be funny ?

Simple.
It wasn't a joke.

She was initially probably expressing frustration at hitting the wrong keys.

But amazed that you hadn't picked up on it as a throwaway comment borne of frustration, she let you take it further having taken the comment at face value.

Don't feel sh*te about it.
It wasn't initially aimed at you.

That's all you need to know.