Good live example of my mind-blindness!!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 11:00 am

See, this is an excellent example of my problem in real life: I don't have the faintest idea why Ishmael's thread was locked. I thought I'd post this here, for feedback, because it's a live example of how I get in trouble in my life.

Please do NOT refer to the issue discussed on the thread that was locked, because the purpose of this thread is to talk about MY issue, and also because it's forbidden to talk about a thread that was locked. So I don't want to discuss why the thread was locked. What I want is to know if others experience this blindness about social dynamics and the motivations of others as I do...

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 11:07 am

Greentea wrote:
See, this is an excellent example of my problem in real life: I don't have the faintest idea why Ishmael's thread was locked. I thought I'd post this here, for feedback, because it's a live example of how I get in trouble in my life.

Please do NOT refer to the issue discussed on the thread that was locked, because the purpose of this thread is to talk about MY issue, and also because it's forbidden to talk about a thread that was locked. So I don't want to discuss why the thread was locked. What I want is to know if others experience this blindness about social dynamics and the motivations of others as I do...

Well, I'm glad to say that you obviously do have some clue about social dynamics, or you wouldn't have been careful to avoid talking about the locked thread, for instance. (In fact, I didn't realise talking about a locked thread was wrong until I read your post.)

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 11:12 am

It's in the T&C. I have no trouble grasping verbal (written) rules. It's the nonverbal ones I'm blind to.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 12:18 pm

The way I see things is all wrong, and every one else is right, so right they do not have to explain.

They just are, and know, and I think they are all liers.

As far as I can tell, and me not caring does not help, social dynamics are a way for people to show their importance, even when they are not at all important, other than as a Carbon storage units.

I see it like a street begger being annoying and demanding, to get you to give them something, then if you do, insulting you that it is not enough and you are cheap and worthless.

It is a threat, to your peace of mind, income, assets, body, soul, they all have some angle.

I do not socialize much.

If events needed a logical basis, very little would happen.

LePetietPrince has a long running thread on his bad points.

In America, Homeland Security is keeping a watch list of people who discuss the Constitution, they are considered potential terrorists. Making a few examples of how unlimited their power is keeps everyone living in fear of making a joke.

All power corrupts, for it leads to looking for chances to show that power. Just saying I am not a terrorist, I do not have a bomb, will get you arrested, strip searched, and thrown in jail.

The only proper answer is "Yes my Overlord, anything you say."

It is called selling a wolf ticket, Fear Me!, the other side is called cashing a Wolf Ticket.

The next election is going to turn fake wolves back into dogs.

Regretfully, it will not change things at the office.

You do not understand humans, because they are humans, and act like humans.

Greentea, you are much too good for this world.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2008, 3:23 pm

Greentea,

Apparently, merle took it as a taunt and invitation to others, and just didn't like that. I haven't checked his NEW thread yet, but maybe IT doesn't have the plea to the mods. Oh well...