Page 12 of 16 [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

MOA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Location: North Carolina, USA

22 Dec 2008, 9:48 pm

ephemerella wrote:
gb2002 wrote:
RarePegs wrote:
Prof. Henry Higgins? (Pygmalion/My Fair Lady)


I can see that. He was somewhat obsessive and then also clueless when it came to feelings.


That's a regular professor. The Asperger ones are REALLY different...


I think I had an Asperger professor in seminary. He had his own world. He was a walking encyclopedia of church history--could spout out any fact from any time period, no matter what century. He wore red socks every single day, for every event, with every attire (even suits and tuxedos). He had done this since college I think, as a declaration of definance and a way to say "different is good." He had a monotone-like voice and sometimes slurred his word (no he wasn't an alcoholic!), and he rode his bicycle everywhere with his suit and red socks. He didn't socialize a lot and seemed uncomfortable and shy much of the time. But every Christmas he would go to the student union and a bunch of us adults would come (and bring our children if we had any) and listen to him read How the Grinch Stole Christmas.


_________________
How glorious it is ? and also how painful ? to be an exception. --Alfred De Musset


MOA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Location: North Carolina, USA

22 Dec 2008, 10:38 pm

anna-banana wrote:
Lepidoptera wrote:
How about Dr. Spencer Reid on Criminal Minds?


yes we had that:

violet_yoshi wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
The thin nerdy smart guy on Criminal Minds


You forgot to mention that he's cute too! :heart:


I don't watch it so no idea who's the cute one though ;p


Dr. Reid is pretty clearly an Asperger's adult I think. He reminds me so much of my son when he goes on and on and on about a topic while those around him are clearly in a totally different world.


_________________
How glorious it is ? and also how painful ? to be an exception. --Alfred De Musset


MOA
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 29 Nov 2008
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 53
Location: North Carolina, USA

22 Dec 2008, 10:44 pm

The two people that identify themselves as Asperger's adults are:

1) Jerry on Boston Legal (he's been mentioned already)

2) a new female doctor on Grey's Anatomy. She is probably in her 40's with long dark brown hair. She was trying to decide if she wanted to join the staff but was not happy that people were not nice to each other and made fun of her. While she was waiting for a family to decide whether or not they would pull the plug on their daughter and needed some time together, the doctor was working herself into a meltdown because there were so many other people who were dying without donor organs. She just kept talking at them, spouting out facts about how people are dying because they are not giving their daughter's organs up. She was asked to leave the room because she was upsetting the family so.


_________________
How glorious it is ? and also how painful ? to be an exception. --Alfred De Musset


MartyMoose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,084
Location: Chicago

23 Dec 2008, 8:45 pm

MOA wrote:
The two people that identify themselves as Asperger's adults are:

1) Jerry on Boston Legal (he's been mentioned already)

2) a new female doctor on Grey's Anatomy. She is probably in her 40's with long dark brown hair. She was trying to decide if she wanted to join the staff but was not happy that people were not nice to each other and made fun of her. While she was waiting for a family to decide whether or not they would pull the plug on their daughter and needed some time together, the doctor was working herself into a meltdown because there were so many other people who were dying without donor organs. She just kept talking at them, spouting out facts about how people are dying because they are not giving their daughter's organs up. She was asked to leave the room because she was upsetting the family so.

I think Jerry has alot more than AS



nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 May 2008
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 563
Location: Belfast, Ireland.

24 Dec 2008, 6:09 pm

Max Cohen from Darren Aronofsky's Pi.


_________________
For time has imprisoned us,
In the order of our years,
In the discipline of our ways,
And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.


DJRnold
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 591
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada

25 Dec 2008, 1:15 am

DJRnold wrote:
I thought of something today: If you combine Pinky and the Brain, you get an aspie!



Firegirl531
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 38
Location: Under a freakin' rock

25 Dec 2008, 4:53 am

L from Death Note



Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 618

25 Dec 2008, 7:43 am

DJRnold wrote:
PunkyKat wrote:
DJRnold wrote:
PunkyKat wrote:
House from House M.D.
You wish. :roll:

What's that supposed to mean?
As someone else has said (it seems it was a different thread) House has excellent ToM (Theory of Mind). I say "you wish" because a lot of Aspies on WP like to think that any smart person or character has AS, even when there isn't much to base it on. Being smart is not a symptom of AS!


I disagree with the notion that people with AS lack theory of mind. I believe that I myself have theory in mind how the idea is presented to me. What house does have (obsessive interests, processing fine grain details, limited empathy, stereotyped and repetitive moments(bouncing the ball playing with a yo yo etc), difficulty transitioning to change (as seen in episodes where he had to live with wilson and cuddy taking over his office) Thats just my opinion.



Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2008
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,712
Location: Hamburg, Germany

25 Dec 2008, 8:20 am

nothingunusual wrote:
Max Cohen from Darren Aronofsky's Pi.


Yes! I agree. (love that film).


_________________
"death is the road to awe"


Jimbeaux
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 282

25 Dec 2008, 8:26 am

Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory.



Padium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,369

25 Dec 2008, 9:55 am

Any "lone wolf" type character, for example, Shadow the Hedgehog could be one. Havok from CNC Renegade as well.



Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 618

25 Dec 2008, 9:57 am

I dunno why but I always thought of Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga as an aspie but it may be more that I identify with him.



silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 201

25 Dec 2008, 9:00 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
I don't know if anyone watches the new Terminator show but on the newest episode last night there was a guy whose (adult) son was inventing an AI program. The son seemed AS or mildly autistic to me.

He was a pretty minor character and didn't have much screen time but thats the idea I got anyway.


i love that show yo it is awasome gnarley sweet yo and rember in the episode where the psycrirists is talking to sarah and says about camron(cuz she is a temintor lol) your daughter is difrent very anti social she might have aspergers synrome or something along those lines.



richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2007
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,003
Location: Lake Whoop-Dee-Doo, Pennsylvania

25 Dec 2008, 9:48 pm

Padium wrote:
I don't think anyone has mentioned the Creature from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein yet.

The Nexus Six Series of humanoid replicants from Bladerunner certainly qualify....


_________________
Life! Liberty!...and Perseveration!!.....
Weiner's Law of Libraries: There are no answers, only cross references.....
My Blog: http://richiesroom.wordpress.com/


Cadzie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 217
Location: Ontario, Canada

25 Dec 2008, 10:27 pm

Det. Robert Goren From Law & order: criminal intent