Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 12:26 pm

I was born five weeks early, back in the old days, not easy to get to the hospital in those days. It all happend suddenly, so neighbours was helping out and the doctor was called, and he said that I was to small and fragile to be sent to the hospital 3-4 hours away. So, they tucked me in and hoped for the best.
So I wondered, anyone read something about premature bith and autism?

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 12:44 pm

as far as i know the two aren't connected...i really didn't wanna come out of the safe, warm womb so had to be induced XD

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 12:57 pm

I was two weeks premature

ithink that was the only time i was ever early for anything :D

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2008, 1:22 pm

I was born at 32 or 33 weeks gestation, the only thing is that I was also born with congenital bilateral chylothorax, which apparently fetuses with that tend to be premature.
Though my Autistic son was 4 weeks early, but he was healthy.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 1:26 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
I was two weeks premature

ithink that was the only time i was ever early for anything :D

Like I say, I'd probably be late for my own funeral, but I had to get out real early. For me it's a struggle to get somehwere in time, allways don't find the mobile, keys and wallet and have to check two times that everything is ok, before I leave.

Stale

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 1:32 pm

missboots wrote:
I was born at 32 or 33 weeks gestation, the only thing is that I was also born with congenital bilateral chylothorax, which apparently fetuses with that tend to be premature.

You have to explain that condition in common english, cause I barely can understand english at all. Medichal terms gets a bit heavy for me.

Kirska
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 1:41 pm

I was 2 weeks late, personally.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 1:51 pm

Kirska wrote:
I was 2 weeks late, personally.

Dallas TX? You probably heard of Alex Jones?, I kind of can relate to much of his work. How do you feel about him?
Just a question, don't need to answer. You also have a great music scene in that town, lots of blues music, wich I love.

missboots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2008, 1:57 pm

mosez wrote:
missboots wrote:

You have to explain that condition in common english, cause I barely can understand english at all. Medichal terms gets a bit heavy for me.

Basically what happened was (if I'm remembering correctly, I can't find a lot of information about the condition online, because it's relatively rare.), as far as I know, I was born without my lymph nodes in the arm pit region and as a result, lymphatic fluid was building up around my lungs and crushing them, basically cutting off my oxygen.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 2:17 pm

Yeah!. Now I understand your condition, but now, I want to know how this could be fixed? Did these lymf.. etc.. fix itself with only time to help? It just needed time, or you had to undergo serious re-construction of your lymf.. system?
If you was born when I was born, you probably would not have this conversation with me at all.
God bless you!

Stale

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 2:28 pm

I was born a month late, and i was underweight.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 2:39 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:

So what? Like your website though. We are all gnomes, just try to understand.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 2:53 pm

mosez wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

I am an aspie who was born way past my due date...not premature at all. The underweight part was merely a matter of trivia, but it seemed to mean something to the way that I developed, and also it is my understanding that babies born late are usually bigger. I weighed 5 lbs. My mom said my hands and feet seemed underdeveloped, and my motor skills were kinda floppy...Once I learned to walk, I was a toe-walker, and I was small for my age when I was little...and all the other developmental difficulties seemed to fall into place.

Some are born early, some are born late, some are born right on time...I wonder about the ways being born late affected me, but the fact that I am on the spectrum came from my parents...

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Nov 2008, 3:04 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
mosez wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

I am an aspie who was born way past my due date...not premature at all. The underweight part was merely a matter of trivia, but it seemed to mean something to the way that I developed, and also it is my understanding that babies born late are usually bigger. I weighed 5 lbs. My mom said my hands and feet seemed underdeveloped, and my motor skills were kinda floppy...Once I learned to walk, I was a toe-walker, and I was small for my age when I was little...and all the other developmental difficulties seemed to fall into place.

Some are born early, some are born late, some are born right on time...I wonder about the ways being born late affected me, but the fact that I am on the spectrum came from my parents...

Well, to be born early or premature, is quite common, you sure your mother being honest here? To be born two months past due time, seems to me like your mother have some gifted skills in explaining matters. She must be a politician.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 3:29 pm

Yeah, I was early, but I only spent a week in the baby ward, so I mustn't have been too early. I think four weeks, maybe. I weighed a healthy 6 pounds; so maybe it was the dislocated hips and curved spine I was born with that kept me in longer. I was the survivor of a pair of identical twins, born breech, so something was bound to mess up with that one. I ended up spending a year in a brace, then diagnosed with mild scoliosis when I started to grow; but I just did some exercises, so it straightened out as I grew; there's only a really small curve now.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 4:18 pm

mosez wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:
mosez wrote:
poopylungstuffing wrote:

Well, to be born early or premature, is quite common, you sure your mother being honest here? To be born two months past due time, seems to me like your mother have some gifted skills in explaining matters. She must be a politician.

One month late