Page 4 of 11 [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 3:31 pm

So I guess what slowmutant is trying to get across is:

All we need to do is go to medical school, sleep in class, pass our classes, graduate at the bottom, and get our scrap of paper that gives us credibility. After that, we're essentially gods. Good to know.

jamieg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2008, 3:41 pm

i know about stupid doctors

where i live doctors like to diagnose everyone with schitzophrenia and when you do not meet the diagnosis then they try to tell you that you are having problems just to get attention even when the asperger test comes back saying you have it

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 5:00 pm

MizLiz wrote:

All we need to do is go to medical school, sleep in class, pass our classes, graduate at the bottom, and get our scrap of paper that gives us credibility. After that, we're essentially gods. Good to know.

I do not know if I'd go so far as to accuse slowmutant of polytheism... :wink:

jamieg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2008, 8:01 pm

this is a reply to what crocodile posted

i had psychiatrists write that i have a imaginary business after they asked me to show them the tax returns i did for other people to prove that i had a business and because i would not violate laws and professional ethics and open the files of my clients then the business was then called imaginary

these doctors need to learn that maybe unless they open their files and show me their patient records to prove to me that they are a real doctor then until i see other patient files they are only a imaginary doctor

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2008, 8:06 pm

jamieg wrote:
i had psychiatrists write that i have a imaginary business after they asked me to show them the tax returns i did for other people to prove that i had a business and because i would not violate laws and professional ethics and open the files of my clients then the business was then called imaginary.

There is waaaaay more to this little fable than posted. Tax returns are public domain, sweetheart. Just like credit reports or police reports. Not providing them isn't a breach of any law I'm aware of.
What is it you were avoiding? Working off the books so that the IRS wouldn't knock on your door for unreported income tax?

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2008, 12:13 am

FireBird wrote:
Back then it was really depression with psychotic features and now I have schizoaffective disorder.!

My mom had bipolar disorder with schizoaffective disorder, so I know what bipolar is and isn't. And plain depression is not bipolar disorder. I also do not have any pshchotic features. I can't relate to people and my self esteem has been so low for so long, that depression is all I feel, or variences of depression, more or less. when my mind is racing, and I am talking very fast, its doesn't mean that i am feeling great. I am actually feeling anxiety, and then depression becasue I am not understood.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 12:22 am

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
jamieg wrote:
i had psychiatrists write that i have a imaginary business after they asked me to show them the tax returns i did for other people to prove that i had a business and because i would not violate laws and professional ethics and open the files of my clients then the business was then called imaginary.

There is waaaaay more to this little fable than posted. Tax returns are public domain, sweetheart. Just like credit reports or police reports. Not providing them isn't a breach of any law I'm aware of.
What is it you were avoiding? Working off the books so that the IRS wouldn't knock on your door for unreported income tax?

What country are you from? I THOUGHT it was the US, as we have a city called bakersfield, but in the US it is AGAINST THE LAW to release a tax return, credit reports, and police reports. It IS a breach of MANY laws to release them. What was jamieg avoiding? How about a SCANDEL, LAWSUITS, and public disgrace that would SHUT DOWN any such business. And if you believe it is SO harmless, why don't you publicly post your full name, birth date, tax ID, and a few credit cards. HECK, post your whole credit report, tax returns, and last physicals results!

HELL, I don't even want to be too open with my birthdate.

BTW I currently have access to LOTS of medical data on hundreds of thousands of patients. How do you think people would treat ME if I released it? A couple years ago, and had even WORSE info(like if they had AIDS!) on MILLIONS of patients, who knows, MAYBE even YOU! I guess everyone can be happy I am not so careless with such things.

Rjaye
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:14 am

Actually, all to show one has a business is to show the business license, and some bill envelopes to the business in question. Whoopy.

As for lousy doctors, I must have been amazingly lucky, especially as an older adult with AS. Once the idea that AS was a possibility, I was able to be diagnosed pretty quickly.

As for knowing what Bipolar disorder is like from one case, I call BS. One can't. Knowing one person with bipolar disorder is knowing one person with bipolar disorder. With all of the subsets, the variety is astounding. I worked as a mental health advocate, and I was continuously surprised at the variation and degree of severity of various conditions. Some of these people were so off the wall, and convinced they were god, I was convinced they were schizophrenic until they started taking their meds. Bipolar disorder is like AS in that way-there's all kinds.

As for doctors dx AS, go to the one who actually works with autism spectrum disorders. If it means traveling, do it.

And given the argumentative nature of some of these posts, I think we can surmise what might be part of the problem. Aspies are notoriously bad at describing their symptoms, and many symptoms are not mentioned because the Aspie doesn't even know it's a symptom. Communication is important in any relationship, and while there are lousy doctors out there, if there's an issue with communication, every doctor might as well be a lousy doctor.

Metta.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 6:27 am

MizLiz wrote:

How long have you been polishing that gem?

That's quite a culture of entitlement you've got going here. Good luck with it.

I'm leaving this thread.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 7:45 am

Rjaye wrote:
And given the argumentative nature of some of these posts, I think we can surmise what might be part of the problem. Aspies are notoriously bad at describing their symptoms, and many symptoms are not mentioned because the Aspie doesn't even know it's a symptom. Communication is important in any relationship, and while there are lousy doctors out there, if there's an issue with communication, every doctor might as well be a lousy doctor.
Metta.

Thanks for posting that :) Things were indeed getting polarised, I was starting to get a bad feeling about it. I sometimes wonder how different my experiences would be with doctors, if I could think quickly enough to respond appropriately to (what looks like) their mistakes and failings at the time they were happening. Instead, I can't quite put my finger on what's hitting me, I smell a rat but anxiety supervenes and I just go quiet. Only later can I piece together what's happened. It's possibly a defense mechanism to stop me from going completely over the top. If it were normal for patients to communicate with their doctors via email, I'd be onto it like a shot.

Hmmm....I'm beginning to wonder if it might be an idea to tell my GP that I appear to have AS. Not that I want to push him into getting me a referral, just that it'd give him the chance of re-evaluating the way we communicate in terms of AS. Don't know how he'd take that - I suspect he knows nothing of AS, and wouldn't wish to swot up on it for the sake of a self-diagnosed patient, but I could leave him with a brief list of my main specific impairments. The idea's got "dream on!" written all over it, and I suspect it would do no good, but at least it'd give him a chance to help, and if he let me down, I guess that would be a good time to start asking about getting a GP who does have some understanding of AS. And I suppose that's got "dream on!" written all over it as well. Am I just expecting too much?

Daniel41149512
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2008, 8:28 am

Find another doctor.

They are supposed to be logical, if not, then they are the bad type that like to impose their skewed views on their patients.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 1:52 pm

Quick! Let's all talk about him before he inevitably comes back!

Daniel41149512
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2008, 2:10 pm

Ahh I am going to cancel my current waste-of-time sessions with my psychologist. Frankly she's a dumb-ass and I can do better myself.

Also she really, really likes to repeat the same banal, illogical cr*p at me over and over again.
At least she can remember my name, even if she can’t remember anything I’ve talked about in the past sessions ...

... cretin.

Last edited by Daniel41149512 on 29 Nov 2008, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmberEyes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 2:13 pm

Daniel41149512 wrote:
The medical 'professionals' do tend to come with mental problems themselves.

Mind you, it sometimes takes one to know one.

Think about it, who better to help and understand someone with a mental condition than another person with exactly the same mental condition?

Being a doctor isn't easy...

Daniel41149512
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2008, 2:14 pm

AmberEyes wrote:
Daniel41149512 wrote:
The medical 'professionals' do tend to come with mental problems themselves.

Mind you, it sometimes takes one to know one.

Think about it, who better to help and understand someone with a mental condition than another person with exactly the same mental condition?

Being a doctor isn't easy...

Yup, I realised that was quite rude after I posted it, so did so hasty editing - but you beat me to it :D

My GP is good, but my psychologist and many others I have met are awful.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2008, 2:29 pm

ah, the complain about your doctor, head doctor or other type of doctor thread... wah wah wah... my doctor prescribed me medicine that i don't want to take... wah wah wah...

if you all think your doctor is full of themselves, why don't you all go to see another doctor? or is it you all just think all doctors are full of it? that can't be too good