Anyone share an intense interest in old Horror Comics?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Nov 2008, 6:21 pm

When I was growing up in the 1970s, I loved to collect the old horror comics with the graphic illustrations. I am not a morbid person, but these gave me ideas for haunted house/funhouse dioramas for my love of dark rides at amusement parks. Today, I am working on a scale model of an amusement park, and I have a lovely old model mansion that I am calling the "Eerie Mansion" named for the Eerie Publications of horror comic books of the late 60s and 70s. I am taking ideas from those old comic books and making them into ideas for dioramas in my haunted house ride. But I did love reading those comics as a boy---and I still do. I have come to realize this obsession probably relates to me having Asperger's. For example, I recently thought I had lost these comic books and was in near panic trying to find them. Whenever we as an Aspie lose something that was part of an obsessive interest, we feel like a part of us has been lost with it. But fortunately, I found my comics safely tucked away in a closet. I would like to know if anyone else out there is also intensely interested in these scary comics. Some of my magazine titles include Horror Tales, Tales from the Tomb, Terror Tales, Weird---all Eerie Publications. And Creepy from Warren Publishing. Also have some DC comics Weird Tales, and Gold Key's Boris Karloff Tales. Hope to hear from some of you horror comic fans.