Greta Thunberg Is An most Intelligent Girl That I've Seen

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 8:42 am

Hello everyone! Recently I'm following the discuss of the Greta Thunberg in the television and internet and I'm very surprised of her intelligence and capacity to discuss a delicated subject about the nature.
What surprises me most it's because she's aspie and and very few can express themselves in this way because of the "totalitarianism" of neurotypes. I am very happy with her!

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Sep 2019, 8:47 am

She's smart, brave and expresses the outrage we should all feel about our worthless politicians and their 'priorities'. I hope she will help make a difference. Respect!

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 11:23 am

Yeah man, me too! She's the best!!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 11:34 am

Make way for change!

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 12:12 pm

Yeah, We need to change soon our habits. The planet is tired of our destruction. We cannot set that aside. What about future generations? Would they like to live on a planet devastated by human beings themselves? That's why I love my Sociology and Philosophy classes, especially when we talk about Hans Jonas with his principle of responsibility and his imperative: "Act so that the effects of your action are compatible with the permanence of genuine human life". I love this guy! He told this in the twentieth century what is already happening today. Poor humans...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 12:27 pm

She's a bit too melodramatic for my taste.

I'll pose the same question here as I have in all the other Greta Thunberg threads; what changes do we need to make specifically? Others have said we need to do something. What specific somethings are those?

I'm assuming those saying we need to make changes and need to do something, know what the specific details are, how they are to be implemented, know the cause and effect of each etc.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 12:30 pm

Then I suppose you need to see more girls.

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 12:44 pm

Actually, I've never seen no one change so far because people listen, are moved for a moment but come out the other ear and do not change. This is called "banality of evil" (Hannah Arendt) and change this situation is very hard if peoples ignore it. I would say that it is easier to be born new men and women with thoughtful, empathic attitudes than our present generation. I'm not being skeptical or anything but that's just my opinion.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 12:52 pm

This is more of an appreciation thread!

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 12:54 pm

What do you mean bro??

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 12:58 pm

I thought that you had posted this thread so that we could celebrate her good work and intelligence. :D

There are already lots of threads casting aspersions on GT.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 1:08 pm

domineekee wrote:
I thought that you had posted this thread so that we could celebrate her good work and intelligence. :D

I don't think I am casting aspersions, I am just not enamored with her.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 1:13 pm

Gabriel5455 wrote:
Actually, I've never seen no one change so far because people listen, are moved for a moment but come out the other ear and do not change. This is called "banality of evil" (Hannah Arendt) and change this situation is very hard if peoples ignore it. I would say that it is easier to be born new men and women with thoughtful, empathic attitudes than our present generation. I'm not being skeptical or anything but that's just my opinion.

Like I said, I am talking about those who are avid about climate change and say we need to change things and do something, but that is an extremely vague statement.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 1:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
domineekee wrote:

I don't think I am casting aspersions, I am just not enamored with her.

I have some misgivings but she's succeeding in her goals and I'm happy for her. Since the thread has been posted in this section I wanted to express that happiness for her.

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 1:27 pm

OK, Alright I got it. I said that we our generation doesn't have any chance beacause is pretty hard to do somenthing to conservate the planet. I think that we need to learn more in schools (privately and public) about this problem. The awareness depends of us. Warn peoples about this problem, mentoring the children and improving new solutions and techologies.

Gabriel5455
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Sep 2019, 1:30 pm

Domineekee sorry for asked this. I'm very confused to understood some questions.