Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 10:47 am

I posted on a Facebook group to do with genealogy and dna. I got a reply. In the interest of getting views as to that reply I posted the comments I and the other person had made on a genealogy dna forum I go on. I of course omitted the other person's name.
I have been dragged through the coals for doing so by that person and accused of being rude. All i did was to try and find out what other people thought.

I am confused. I meant no harm.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 10:49 am

I sense this was, perhaps, an issue of privacy.

Some people guard their privacy with much vigilance.

Perhaps, what the person sent you was meant to be seen by you alone.

I would apologize to this person. If this person doesn't accept the apology, just move on.

That's what I would suggest.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 11:11 am

It was posted on a group so viewable to other people anyway. If she had really wanted only me to know surely she could have private messaged me on facebook with a stipulation not to repeat our conversation. I would, of course, have obliged. As it is if I had posted her name on the forum I would have agreed I violated privacy ,but I didn't .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2018, 11:19 am

I get you.

You thought about this long and hard. I don't fine what you did to be "autistic."

If the person continues to "ream you over the coals," just ignore that person.

BitterCoffee
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jan 2018, 8:32 pm

Part of the human condition is getting upset. Emotions arent based on logic and they have more of an influence than the rational brain. You didn’t do any wrong, however it would be considerate to apologize. If they don’t accept your apology and continue to berate you block them.