Is eating the same things over and over an Aspie thing?

Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Chimchar
Toucan
Toucan

03 Dec 2008, 4:24 pm

I love pizza rolls, and I buy them every week. And as long as I have pizza rolls, cookies, and candy bars, that's all I'm going to eat. I can't help it, I love them. I also notice myself drinking coffee from the same mug, eating cereal from the same bowl. What gives?

Is this an aspie thing?

SeizeTheDay
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 4:28 pm

I do it all the time!
Granola bars or cereal if we don't have granola are my thing! 8)
I eat cereal two meals a day every day...probably not the healthiest thing, but I do it anyway.

"The person who knows everything has a lot to learn."

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" (I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am) René Descartes

Exile
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2008, 4:33 pm

Yep. Very little dietary variation here. Same few dishes, same few meals. Old gf realized, though I tried to hide it, that I had a favorite fork. lol. I also had a coffee mug that was black, large and mine. Had a major meltdown when I accidentally knocked it over and broke it. Had had it for YEARS.

Got another one, so . . . much better now. lol. (It's got a black cat on it. Like that.)

8)

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 4:34 pm

Oh yeah. I haven't changed my lunch in months.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 4:37 pm

I eat the same thing over and over for months. Eventually I'll get a bit tired of it and I'll switch to something else.

Repeat.

assburgerz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2008, 4:46 pm

Took me forever to learn to branch out, only to go back to eating basically the same thing over and over.

I love food, but I don't love getting out of my routine and trying new things.

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2008, 4:46 pm

I do that as well, at least to a certain extent. I always have my favorite dish at restaurants that I eat every time I go. At college, I have hummus and a turkey sandwich at least once a week.

assburgerz wrote:
Took me forever to learn to branch out, only to go back to eating basically the same thing over and over.

I love food, but I don't love getting out of my routine and trying new things.

Exactly how I feel.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 4:51 pm

Exile wrote:
Yep. Very little dietary variation here. Same few dishes, same few meals. Old gf realized, though I tried to hide it, that I had a favorite fork. lol. I also had a coffee mug that was black, large and mine. Had a major meltdown when I accidentally knocked it over and broke it. Had had it for YEARS.

Got another one, so . . . much better now. lol. (It's got a black cat on it. Like that.)

8)

lol I use one of those too :D

I actually bought two straight away to avoid the panic if one ever gets smashed ;p

my eating habits are very consistent- same breakfast everyday (coffee and cereal, and if that particular cereal ever gets discontinued I swear I'll sue the producer for moral damage lol), apart from sunday when I have scrambled eggs.

I eat spaghetti with tomato sauce 3-4 times a week and a chinese stir-fry at least twice a week.

with sandwich toppings I go for a bit of variation though. I feel like I'm being so naughty when I buy a new brand of cheese or pate lol.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 5:19 pm

Thats a complete ASD thing, i think a lot of people on the spectrum do this. I know if i dont eat the same food everyday, i wont eat, and has to be around the same time, and if that doesnt happen meltdown galore. my new food kick is carrabbas, which is an old kick reoccuring haha.

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2008, 5:33 pm

Oh yes, I eat the same things all the time too. I have a variation on spaghetti & sausages, pasta & tomato/cheese sauce and fish & chips! I dont like too much change with regards to what I eat.

I also have to have oreos with my cup of tea every morning when I get to work at the same time and I also have favourite mugs I use at home. I get very distressed if I break any, it hasnt happened for a while thankfully. :wink:

eman_ekaf
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2008, 5:39 pm

I have chicken and apple juice nearly everyday at school. I eat rice or mac n cheese a few times a week. I eat one string cheese stick a day. One diet pepsi a day. Cinnamon Life cereral everyday for breakfast (no milk). Corn is really the only veggie I will eat.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 5:49 pm

It probably is. I usually eat the same foods. Pizzas, Chips/Fries etc. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 5:53 pm

YEP! If you keep changing all the time, etc... you probably don't have AS. I've always said I am a creature of habit!

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 6:05 pm

I eat a variety of foods, but that was drilled into me from birth.

My mother is Korean. Korean food evolved from the Lee dynasty where the royals were obsessed with health food and the curative powers of some foods. When they had banquets, they would send the leftovers out into the countryside. From that, Korean home cooking evolved. It's very good -- spicy and flavorful and all that -- but it's like a whole cuisine evolved from health foods. As if you would pick out the things everyone says you're supposed to eat and create a whole cuisine from them.

So Koreans, think of food as overlapping with medicine. My mother used to say that you have to eat a variety of foods to stay healthy.

Actually, I'm kind of obsessive about a good diet. Food is one of the special interests I've had.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 8:34 pm

anytime my husband asks what I want to eat I respond "something with broccoli"

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2008, 8:44 pm

That definantely sounds like me! Whenever I go to Pick-Up Stix near where I live, I always order the House Chicken with Dumplings (or cream-cheese wantons) and noodles. It' usually a favorite.

you will jouney from boy to man