I HATE ENGLISH. I HATE ENGLISH. HATE IT HATE IT HATE ITPPPPP

Page 2 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2008, 8:33 pm

ephemerella wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
i would post another post about this, but i'll just make this thread longer instead since someone or some people told me to do this. i have to finish 6 books, but i haven't and most of them i just started. do i have to read them?

I don't think you need to worry too much about finishing your college degree. Especially if you can't answer that question yourself.

im planning to get a phd

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 8:36 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
ephemerella wrote:
You may want to go get a second opinion about your doctor's diagnosis. Your sensory disruptions, communications disorder and other issues may not be Asperger Syndrome, but Schizophrenia.

"DISORGANIZED SCHIZOPHRENIA"

Disorganized schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-IV code 295.10[1]. This type is characterized by prominent disorganized behavior and speech (see formal thought disorder) including word salad, and flat or inappropriate emotion and affect.

Wikipedia, Disorganized Schizophrenia

"COGNITIVE SLIPPAGE"

Cognitive slippage is a symptom of several psychiatric diseases and mental disorders associated with cognition and formal thought disorders. It is manifested in patterns of speech, where categories and lists become overly broad as concepts unrelated at first glance become related through tangential connections. An example of cognitive slippage might be as follows: "List some types of cars. Let's see, there's Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Japan, Rising Sun, Hiroshima, Atomic Bomb, Enola Gay, oh and Miata." (Schutz, 2006)

The inclusion of extraneous items in the listing is evidence of the cognitive slippage. While the concepts such as Toyota, Japan, Rising Sun, etc. are all related, the relation is no longer defined by the initial prompt. The cognitive slippage, however, causes the inability to disregard these extraneous connections and results in patterns of speech and association as seen here. In contrast, another disorder of speech, word salad is even more disorganized than the loose associations of cognitive slippage. Cognitive slippage is one of the positive symptoms of schizophrenia, a psychiatric illness that affects every aspect of a patient's life.

Wikipedia, Cognitive Slippage

"THOUGHT DISORDER"

In psychiatry, thought disorder or formal thought disorder is a term used to describe a pattern of disordered language use that is presumed to reflect disordered thinking. It is usually considered a symptom of psychotic mental illness, although it occasionally appears in other conditions.

It describes a persistent underlying disturbance to conscious thought and is classified largely by its effects on speech and writing. Affected persons may show pressure of speech (speaking incessantly and quickly), derailment or flight of ideas (switching topic mid-sentence or inappropriately), thought blocking, rhyming, punning, or 'word salad' when individual words may be intact but speech is incoherent.

Eugen Bleuler, who named schizophrenia, held that its defining characteristic was a disorder of the thinking process.[1] However, the delusions and hallucinations of psychosis could also be considered as disorders of thought, but that the term formal thought disorder applies specifically to the presumed disruption in the flow of conscious verbal thought that is inferred from spoken language. This is typically what is referred to when the strictly less accurate, more commonly used but abbreviated term, 'thought disorder', is used.

Wikipedia, Thought Disorder

you think i might have schizophrenia?

I'm not a doctor and I've not gone over your diagnosis criteria, but you seem to have issues that are more prominent than AS. Thought disorder, cognitive slippage (at least grammatically). Sensory integration dysfunction and other AS symptoms can be confused with schizophrenia, and vice versa.

Nowadays, AS is kind of a trendy diagnosis, so maybe some doctors are handing out the diagnosis more than they should. Female AS is not well understood, so doctors are not always accurate in making this diagnosis.

It is good to get a second opinion. Did you submit writing samples to your doctor? Do you write the same in all subjects, or just kind of mix up phrases and sentences when you write about your feelings and thoughts?

I would get a second opinion. Schizophrenia can be managed and recovered from. But it's important to prevent falling into bad periods of low functioning.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

03 Dec 2008, 8:37 pm

If you can't cope as much as you say so now, you're not going to get anywhere NEAR your PhD.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 8:42 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
ephemerella wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
i would post another post about this, but i'll just make this thread longer instead since someone or some people told me to do this. i have to finish 6 books, but i haven't and most of them i just started. do i have to read them?

I don't think you need to worry too much about finishing your college degree. Especially if you can't answer that question yourself.

im planning to get a phd

You can do that. But you have to study and work. It has to be the center of your thinking for a long time.

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2008, 8:45 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:
If you can't cope as much as you say so now, you're not going to get anywhere NEAR your PhD.

pre-hallucination disorder

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2008, 8:49 pm

ephemerella wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
ephemerella wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:

im planning to get a phd

You can do that. But you have to study and work. It has to be the center of your thinking for a long time.

i could have sch even though i don't hear or see things?
whut do u meen that i hav grameticall problams?

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

03 Dec 2008, 8:54 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:

What?

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2008, 8:56 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:

What?

phd

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 9:06 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
ephemerella wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
ephemerella wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:

im planning to get a phd

i could have sch even though i don't hear or see things?

There are three factors of schizophrenia: "disorganization", "reality distortion" and "psycho-motor disturbances". If you have schizophrenia, it could be of a "disorganization" subtype, and the other two factors ("reality distortion" and "psychomotor disturbances") might not be prominent. It's important to get a second opinion, because if the condition gets worse, it makes it harder for the person to recover.

Wikipedia wrote:
WIKIPEDIA, DISORGANIZED SCHIZOPHRENIA

Disorganized schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia as defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, DSM-IV code 295.10[1]. This type is characterized by prominent disorganized behavior and speech (see formal thought disorder) including word salad, and flat or inappropriate emotion and affect. The criteria for the catatonic subtype of schizophrenia must not have been met as well. This type of schizophrenia is also known as hebephrenia, and is named after the Greek goddess of youth, Hebe, in reference to the typical age of onset in puberty[2].

Unlike the paranoid subtype of schizophrenia, delusions and hallucinations are not the most prominent feature[3][4], although fragmentary delusions and hallucinations may be present.

The emotional responses of people diagnosed with this subtype can often seem strange or inappropriate to the situation. Inappropriate facial responses may be common and behavior is sometimes described as 'silly', such as inappropriate laughter. Complete lack of expressed emotion is sometimes seen, as is an apparent indifference, anhedonia (the lack of pleasure), and avolition (a lack of motivation). Some of these features are also present in other types of schizophrenia, but they are most prominent in Disorganized Schizophrenia.

This form of schizophrenia is typically associated with early onset (often between the ages of 15 and 25 years) and is thought to have a poor prognosis because of the rapid development of 'negative' symptoms and decline in social functioning.[5]

Disorganized schizophrenia is thought to be an extreme expression of the 'disorganization syndrome' that has been hypothesised to be one aspect of a three-factor model of symptoms in schizophrenia[6] The other factors being 'reality distortion' (involving delusions and hallucinations) and 'psychomotor poverty' (poverty of speech, lack of spontaneous movement and various aspects of blunting of emotion).

Quote:

It might be helpful to print out all of your posts here and then look them over or take them to your doctor.

Whether you are a troll or not, this forum is not what you need to be doing right now. If you are a troll, you're wasting your time because people aren't going to scream at you. If you aren't a troll, there are other important things for you to do for yourself than be on this message board wondering if you should read the books you're supposed to read for class.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 9:48 pm

I'm not a doctor, but I dated one once (8 years...long story..;). I can tell you, that no matter what your field, the single most time-consuming thing you'll be doing is writing

In fact, the general attitude is 'publish or perish'. Getting tenure at a college (if you go that route), requires a history of written books and papers. Doing in the business world (I'm surrounded by them there as well. Often I'm the dumbest person in the room...;), is more lucrative, but the papers and books have to pay off.

You do a lot of reading, especially by others in your field, because you have to keep up with the latest developments. You're occasionally asked to be on panels to review other's works (such as doctoral and masters candidates). More reading.

I do hope you become a doctor of some sort, I need someone to help pay for the social security I start collecting in 2027...;)

But seriously, try getting through the semester, then college. If you're still up for it, you get a masters next, then on to 'piled higher and deeper'.

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2008, 10:15 pm

do you think i can take the exam without finishing any of the books if i read the reviews on the internet?

Death_of_Pathos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2008, 10:25 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
I HATE ENGLISH. I HATE ENGLISH. I HAVE THIS STUPID EXAM TOMORROW. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IM GOING TO STUDY AS LITTLE AS I CAN. I HAVE A MATH TEST ON SATURDAY AND I HAVE TO STUDY THIS? HOW CAN I STUDY FOR A STUPID EXAM WHEN IM STUDYING MATH? HOW CAN I POSSIBLY HAVE TIME TO STUDY FOR ENGLISH.

BUT I HAVE TO PASS THIS AND DEAL WITH OTHER THINGS AND I HAVE TO STUDY ENGLISH? IWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. JUST DIE
how do i delete the posts?
I WISH SOMEONE KILLS ME, BUT WHAT ABOUT MY FAMILY BEING SAD. IT'S TOO COMPLICATED.

So why aren't you banned again?

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 1 Observatree Close, Pointless Forest, Low Countries

03 Dec 2008, 10:43 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:

What?

phd

c'mon mclady, you've got to admit:

s/he/it has a sense of humour...

... somewhere

luctor et emergo ...

... sometimes

it's just, it seems, incidentally methought
space&time may not always justly coincide

may your god forgive you

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2008, 10:46 pm

Death_of_Pathos wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
I HATE ENGLISH. I HATE ENGLISH. I HAVE THIS STUPID EXAM TOMORROW. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IM GOING TO STUDY AS LITTLE AS I CAN. I HAVE A MATH TEST ON SATURDAY AND I HAVE TO STUDY THIS? HOW CAN I STUDY FOR A STUPID EXAM WHEN IM STUDYING MATH? HOW CAN I POSSIBLY HAVE TIME TO STUDY FOR ENGLISH.

BUT I HAVE TO PASS THIS AND DEAL WITH OTHER THINGS AND I HAVE TO STUDY ENGLISH? IWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. JUST DIE
how do i delete the posts?
I WISH SOMEONE KILLS ME, BUT WHAT ABOUT MY FAMILY BEING SAD. IT'S TOO COMPLICATED.

So why aren't you banned again?

cuz you're inept

Last edited by jus4u76 on 03 Dec 2008, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

03 Dec 2008, 10:47 pm

oblio wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:

What?

phd

... somewhere

luctor et emergo ...

... sometimes

now im a creature to you?

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2008, 10:48 pm

jus4u76 wrote:
oblio wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
LadyMacbeth wrote:

What?

phd

... somewhere

luctor et emergo ...

... sometimes

now im a creature to you?

I think she's a schizophrenic who's also an attention whore.