Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

03 Oct 2009, 8:57 pm

I'm a bit torn at the moment. I share a house with some relations of mine (same age group, not parents). I am feeling a bit annoyed and rejected at the moment because they all went out for dinner and didn't invite me. On the flip side, I have spent the entire day in my room avoiding almost all contact with them. Being excluded has been occuring more and more frequently and I know I shouldn't feel how I do because its not their fault.

Everything about my actions insists I would prefer to be alone and this is almost always the case. It would seem what I am annoyed at is the lack of attempt on their part. I know I shouldn't be annoyed because, quite frankly, I turn them down 95% of the time when they do ask me to participate. Why should they continue to ask?

Just venting I guess...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 9:02 pm

bonuspoints wrote:
I'm a bit torn at the moment. I share a house with some relations of mine (same age group, not parents). I am feeling a bit annoyed and rejected at the moment because they all went out for dinner and didn't invite me. On the flip side, I have spent the entire day in my room avoiding almost all contact with them. Being excluded has been occuring more and more frequently and I know I shouldn't feel how I do because its not their fault.

Everything about my actions insists I would prefer to be alone and this is almost always the case. It would seem what I am annoyed at is the lack of attempt on their part. I know I shouldn't be annoyed because, quite frankly, I turn them down 95% of the time when they do ask me to participate. Why should they continue to ask?

Just venting I guess...

I know the feeling.

acclue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 9:13 pm

I wish mine would stop asking me... though I would probably be just as annoyed as you if they did...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 9:14 pm

I am familiar with the feeling too but it sounds likely that they thought by your actions that you wanted to be alone. People will only ask a certain number of times and if they are turned down every time they will wait for you to ask the next time.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2009, 10:11 pm

My wife and I and my son-in-law and older daughter and their three of my five grandchildren all share a home together here, and I have no real problem with "Live and let live." However, the less they ask, the more I sometimes wish they would, and even though I will likely just mumble something about my arthritis and sit here anyway ...

That is sad, but I do not see how it might ever change.