How Many People Here Are actually Autistic or have Aspergers

Page 3 of 26 [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 26  Next

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:22 pm

One of the problems with getting a real diagnoses is first finding a doctor who actually knows very much and then actually paying him to do very little in my estimation. Fees range from $800 to $5000 depending on where you live and unfortunetly the results look like they were copied from some web site.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:22 pm

garyww wrote:
My God I hope you don't really have that.

No, I think YOU don't have it. If you don't think the people here sound/act like they have Asperger syndrome or are autistic, there are a lot of cues you are missing.

Alisscious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2008, 8:23 pm

And so what if I or anyone does have A-dar. HA! It is kinda easy to see it in the words spoken. :) Concurrently with many other projected mannerisms. And it is like being a purple person and seeing other purple people, on a world where most of the population can't see purple. They will only understand if they try and believe in purple, even though it doesn't come physically natural to them.

It is like, the shaman who saw the ripples in the water, till he saw the boat, after concluding that something had to be making the ripples.

I have met some none natural purple seers. :) Thank all that is good.

So can you conclusively say or not that I have a natural neural disposition to autism, I am pretty sure you can.

Hello :) Gary, nice to chat at you and what not.

Sincerely,

Alissa

katiemonster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2008, 8:24 pm

aspergers radar? I've heard of gaydar... I think it's an awful term. why would you need to scan for gay people?

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:25 pm

Purple people seem perfectly reasonable to me.

08 Dec 2008, 8:28 pm

One time I said my boyfriend has an aspie detector on him meaning he can guess who might have AS or autism just by the way they are acting.

When I said that to him last night, he laughed because it gave him a funny picture in his head. He pictured carrying this plastic device you use for metal and he was carrying it around and pointing it at people to see who has AS.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:30 pm

that'd be good for detecting STDs :lol:

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:31 pm

katiemonster wrote:
aspergers radar? I've heard of gaydar... I think it's an awful term. why would you need to scan for gay people?

I don't think it's meant to be negative, but positive. Just that you can pick them out, usually because you have gay friends and family. Or you are gay yourself.

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

08 Dec 2008, 8:33 pm

ephemerella wrote:
katiemonster wrote:

I don't think it's meant to be negative, but positive. Just that you can pick them out, usually because you have gay friends and family. Or you are gay yourself.

Gaydar (What I am lacking) is helpful for finding a guy and go through the "Opps, sorry, didn't mean to hit on a straight guy" situation.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:34 pm

The detection of Autism and especially people with certain characteristics of AS has been a big program with the government for years but I don't think they use 'detectors' yet but it sounds like a neat idea if you're so disposed.
How many spys do you suppose are here already?

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:36 pm

My son is diagnosed. I think I might just be a weirdo.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:38 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I could be misdiagnosed and it was better to tell my mother "Your daughter is on the autism spectrum and Aspergers is the closest match I can come to for a diagnoses" than telling her "Your daughter is not on the spectrum and she is just a selfish brat who doesn't care about other people or really think about their feelings and she wants everything her way or else she won't be calm, and she is just a smart ass and is stupid." :roll:

But don't you know? That's all autism is, selfish brats who don't care about other people and want everything their own way! Well, at least that is what idiots like dennis leary or michael savage say. grr.

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:39 pm

garyww wrote:
One of the problems with getting a real diagnoses is first finding a doctor who actually knows very much and then actually paying him to do very little in my estimation. Fees range from $800 to $5000 depending on where you live and unfortunetly the results look like they were copied from some web site.

Well, it certainly does sound as though your mind is made up.
I don't live all that far from you, my assessment cost $400 from a very qualified doctor who I trust and who I think did an awful lot of work.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:40 pm

garyww wrote:
The detection of Autism and especially people with certain characteristics of AS has been a big program with the government for years but I don't think they use 'detectors' yet but it sounds like a neat idea if you're so disposed.
How many spys do you suppose are here already?

I doubt the government would invest in putting spies onto wrongplanet. There's enough chatroom child molesters out there as it is.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:40 pm

garyww wrote:
I've only been here a few days and it already seems to me that a huge number of the people who post probably don't have Aspergers and certainly aren't autustic in the traditional sense of the word so is this just a social free-for-all or catch-all for everybody who thinks they are a little weird and strange.

I have Asperger's. But if what you say is true, then this forum is turning into a general neurodiversity forum, which is still good 8) (are there any general neurodiversity forums?)

Last edited by Warsie on 08 Dec 2008, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2008, 8:41 pm

Weirdo's are the best as far as I'm concerned. I've personally never cared for the stupid official classifications and have always thought we should have our own.