Serious stim type thing, ruining life

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

16 Dec 2008, 6:56 pm

Well. I actually love the dark... my lights are only turned on if I need something... but it's really, really cold. Sorry about my time discrepency

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 7:35 pm

Mikhaillost wrote:
I have this stim thing I have started doing the last month, and I just realize I do it. I like a mile from Wal-Mart, and every night at 8 I find myself there, and I walk around in a certain path for four hours. I have no idea why and I never buy anything. I can't be doing this though. But I feel like I do if I am not allowed to stim if I don't do it. You know the feeling? YEah, if I don't go I freak out. I really need help on this one.

I think it's the floor tiles that are making me go there because when I get there I have to walk just so on the floor tiles

I did something like this at your age..I would march 1 1/2 miles to the thrift shop every single night that I was home...only I would buy stuff...

..and more recently, a few years ago during my brief stint of living in New Orleans, I would go to the Walgreens around the corner from my house over and over and over and over again..and not necc. buy anything.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 7:51 pm

patternist wrote:
Sounds more OCD-ish than just a simple stim.
Hmmm

I agree. I think it sounds more like OCD.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 7:52 pm

For the people who scratch their skin, using lotion works. Something really good like Eucerin or Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil (as long as you are not allergic to oatmeal). I tend to get very very dry skin in winter, so I have to make sure I use the lotion instead of scratching at myself. Actually, what I really should get busy on is finding a good facial moisturizer.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:02 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
For the people who scratch their skin, using lotion works. Something really good like Eucerin or Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil (as long as you are not allergic to oatmeal). I tend to get very very dry skin in winter, so I have to make sure I use the lotion instead of scratching at myself. Actually, what I really should get busy on is finding a good facial moisturizer.

I'm allergic to most creams. I can use Sorbolene cream and Vaseline Intensive Care, but other than those I get reactions from. I actually think the sun makes my skin itchy, so I scratch it. It then oozes out a clear liquid, which someone told me was white blood cells. Then it scabs and remains itchy for days.
I love my skin. :roll:

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:04 pm

Hmm, I'd say if you could ask your doctor about that clear liquid. I'm not sure if it's white blood cells, or something else. It's best just to be sure it's nothing that could be problematic.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:05 pm

pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

I'm allergic to most creams. I can use Sorbolene cream and Vaseline Intensive Care, but other than those I get reactions from. I actually think the sun makes my skin itchy, so I scratch it. It then oozes out a clear liquid, which someone told me was white blood cells. Then it scabs and remains itchy for days.
I love my skin. :roll:

If I am correct, clear liquid != white blood cells, puss is white blood cells. The clear liquid, if I am correct, is plasma, as in the liquid that carries the blood, or at least I believe that is plasmas function in the body.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:09 pm

pensieve wrote:
Is it possible to replace this stim with another one that won't make you walk to Wal-Mart at 8pm?
I understand they are hard to stop. I have tried to stop myself from scratching my hands. Right now my hand has dried blood all over it.

I have that, too. My hands look like hell.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:14 pm

worst thing ever is being at a business meeting between ur dad, and a really important potential client of his, and trying so hard not to be noticed as stimming. I got to the point where I probabaly look anxious to get up and leave, even though I was very interested in what they were saying.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:23 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
Hmm, I'd say if you could ask your doctor about that clear liquid. I'm not sure if it's white blood cells, or something else. It's best just to be sure it's nothing that could be problematic.

The skin goes very hard before the liquid comes out. It sort of sticks up.
I should see my doctor, he's just a bit, well silly to me because I always see him. So, he's always laughing.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:32 pm

pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

I should see my doctor, he's just a bit, well silly to me because I always see him. So, he's always laughing.

I have this, too.

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:34 pm

pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

Does he think you're kind of like a hypochondriac, seeing him all the time?

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 9:07 pm

violet_yoshi wrote:
pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 9:18 pm

pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:
pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

And how much does healthcare cost you in Australia?

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 9:24 pm

Padium wrote:
pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:
pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

It's kind of free for me. Living below the poverty line and all.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 9:28 pm

pensieve wrote:
Padium wrote:
pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:
pensieve wrote:
violet_yoshi wrote:

It's kind of free for me. Living below the poverty line and all.

Well, in Canada, the government pays for any citizen to go see a doctor, its what happens after that might cost ya, surgeryis covered, but most meds aren't, however, most people are apart of some drug plan, and the disabled have acess to some free drug plans provided by the government if I remember correctly, and someone correct me if I'm wrong.