High resolution images, and more specificly, photos

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 7:51 pm

Why is it that I have a hard time looking at high resolution photos that really make things look very sharp, and start to feel sick in the head? I get this with video game graphics that are too high end as well, and that's not something I like, as I am a pretty hardcore gamer.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:00 pm

Padium wrote:
Why is it that I have a hard time looking at high resolution photos that really make things look very sharp, and start to feel sick in the head? I get this with video game graphics that are too high end as well, and that's not something I like, as I am a pretty hardcore gamer.

What does the picture feel like as you look at it? Heavy, dense surfaces, hard edges? Does the picture have affective qualities associated with its features?

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:02 pm

ephemerella wrote:
Padium wrote:

What does the picture feel like as you look at it? Heavy, dense surfaces, hard edges? Does the picture have affective qualities associated with its features?

I don't really get what your asking.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:05 pm

It could be your eyes. I could never watch my friends play Mario Cart on the Wii. The colours were far too bright and the movement of the racecourse made me dizzy.
The Optomertrist told me that my eye muscles are very tired and so I wear glasses that softens the picture in front of me. The picture being everything I see.

I do like high res images though. I'm a photographer and I get obsessed about making my photos as sharp as possible.

Last edited by pensieve on 16 Dec 2008, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:10 pm

I think I would describe them as being high resolution, sharp, bright, vibrant, and too perfect to be lifelike. What I feel when I look at them is a sick feeling in my head. It was almost as though I was looking at something so perfectly made that my mind couldn't properly comprehend it, and made up by still seeing as it should be seen, plus a sick feeling in the head.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:18 pm

We (aspies) have a greater attention to detail. It could be that or maybe you have Scotopic Sensitivity. I kind of go mad under florescent lights and when I read without glasses under good lighting my eyes hurt. When I walk around outside my eyes hurt.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:27 pm

Padium wrote:
I think I would describe them as being high resolution, sharp, bright, vibrant, and too perfect to be lifelike. What I feel when I look at them is a sick feeling in my head. It was almost as though I was looking at something so perfectly made that my mind couldn't properly comprehend it, and made up by still seeing as it should be seen, plus a sick feeling in the head.

Interesting. Does it feel like a bad prescription? You may be feeling eye strain -- virtually, not physically.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:31 pm

ephemerella wrote:
Padium wrote:

Interesting. Does it feel like a bad prescription? You may be feeling eye strain -- virtually, not physically.

I've never worn glasses, so I wouldn't know, and last time I had my eyes checked, I was told I had perfect vision, and it hasn't changed since then. I don't think it feels like eye strain though. I also have this thing where really bright lights, especially sunlight, hurts my eyes.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:36 pm

pensieve wrote:
We (aspies) have a greater attention to detail. It could be that or maybe you have Scotopic Sensitivity. I kind of go mad under florescent lights and when I read without glasses under good lighting my eyes hurt. When I walk around outside my eyes hurt.

Just read the wikipedia article on the scotopic thing, and other than the seizure part, it sounds like me.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:47 pm

You should try to get some cheap tinted sunglasses and see if that helps.
The actual Irlen lenses are quite expensive and all it is is a tinted glass.

I do ok with reading glasses. Everything appears much more softer. If I didn't wear them my eyes would feel like they are on fire.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 8:56 pm

pensieve wrote:
You should try to get some cheap tinted sunglasses and see if that helps.
The actual Irlen lenses are quite expensive and all it is is a tinted glass.

I do ok with reading glasses. Everything appears much more softer. If I didn't wear them my eyes would feel like they are on fire.

Only problem with that, glasses are one of those things that bother me as a touch thing. Hats are like that too, unfortunatly working in the food industry is a form of torture just because I always have something on my head. I do sometimes wear a hat, but that is very rare, and I more so collect hats that look cool. The glasses thing, they don't provide the right feel while I am wearing them so it feels very awkward for me.

EDIT: The glasses also make me want to gouge my face to make that awkward feeling go away.