Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:14 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
How many mosquitoes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Two, but I'm not sure how they got in there.

I laughed at the question..... answer didn't have anything funny in it though.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:16 pm

I'm sure people with AS have a sense of humor as varied as everyone else.

I used to be dramatically lacking in the humor department as a child, but I think I've made-up for it.
Satire, observational comedy, absurdism and dark humor appeal to me the most. While slapstick and shock-tactic styles don't work for me at all.

BastetsEye wrote:
What do you call a romantic starburst?
A Casa-Nova!

I don't laugh at these kind of jokes too often, but I'll admit I liked this! :lol:

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

neshamaruach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2008, 8:16 pm

NocturnalQuilter wrote:
How many mosquitoes does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Two, but I'm not sure how they got in there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That has to be the best lightbulb joke, ever! Oh my G-d, I'm cracking up over it.

I so badly needed the laugh. I just got done crying over my dinner. (Not because dinner was bad; I mean, I was literally crying over, above, on my dinner.)

But I feel MUCH better now. :D

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:19 pm

I can't stand stupid humor or physical humor, but I find the stuff on "South Park" hilarious for some reason. I'm just weird like that.

neshamaruach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2008, 8:19 pm

lexis wrote:
According to my ADOS report I display a 'likeable, dry sense of humour'.

People have said similar things about me.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:20 pm

If your tired enough, but can focus on the oddities in it, the lord of the rings trilogy is the best comedy movie ever.... History of the World with Mel Brookes was an amazing comedy...

The first straight marriage: (caveman beats a cave woman and drags her into a cave)

First gay marriage: (caveman beats a caveman over the head and drags him into a cave)

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:28 pm

M*A*S*H! :D

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:32 pm

Monty Python's Flying Circus, 'Allo 'Allo, Are You Being Served, Please Sir, Absolutely Fabulous...
You get it right?
I love British Comedy.
I find pretty much anything funny. I find myself laughing at stand up comedy. Seinfeld (as in the comedian) still isn't funny to me.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 11:34 pm

Dane Cook isn't isn't funny at all. Except one very stupid thing he did with the koolaid man, but that is it.

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2008, 2:06 am

I'm not very fond of jokes, and when I tell one to an NT (well, i have only NTs in my school, I'm the only one with AS, like most of you), he doesn't laugh at all...
Thus I think that Aspies have a particular sense of humour :

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand Binary, and those who don't...
(This joke can also be found in Informatics Communities)

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 2:19 am

DarthMaxeuis wrote:
I'm not very fond of jokes, and when I tell one to an NT (well, i have only NTs in my school, I'm the only one with AS, like most of you), he doesn't laugh at all...
Thus I think that Aspies have a particular sense of humour :

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand Binary, and those who don't...
(This joke can also be found in Informatics Communities)

I like that joke.

People think I have an odd sense of humor and at times I can't repeat a joke because some are pretty crude. People will laugh but then say 'that's disgusting'. My classmate that sat next to me was pretty entertained though. She said I had a way with words.

18 Dec 2008, 2:20 am

I have my own sense of humor. I like blonde jokes, any jokes that I can get. I like the humor in South park and The Simpsons even though I don't really laugh. I have liked the humor in The Stupids, All That, SNL, and parodies.

I also like aspie jokes and NT jokes.

I have done jokes and they sometimes offend. Like the time my mother and I were in London and she was walking too slow so I said "We should get you a wheel chair so we can get to places faster." She got mad and yelled at me. That still cracks me up every time I think about it and am laughing out loud right now. Now she agrees it's funny too and her excuse is she was having a hard time then so she didn't find it funny. I think she just took it too seriously and couldn't understand it was a joke then.

TXaspie
Toucan
Toucan

18 Dec 2008, 3:04 am

I don't find obvious logical fallacies funny, other than that things can be funny such as good comedians like Bill Hicks ect.

Office Space is a hilarious movie, I can't see why an aspie would find it boring nor any NT.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 3:31 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I have done jokes and they sometimes offend. Like the time my mother and I were in London and she was walking too slow so I said "We should get you a wheel chair so we can get to places faster." She got mad and yelled at me. That still cracks me up every time I think about it and am laughing out loud right now. Now she agrees it's funny too and her excuse is she was having a hard time then so she didn't find it funny. I think she just took it too seriously and couldn't understand it was a joke then.

Not really a joke but I once sarcastically told my mum that she had a worse memory than me when she didn't know where the psychologist clinic was at a university. It was like the fourth time we went there. She got really angry at me.
I sometimes have to keep my mouth shut because I can really offend people.

p.s I love SNL.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Dec 2008, 3:33 am

my sence of humor is out of this world but is usually funny. sometimes im the only one who gets it

Qi
Raven
Raven

18 Dec 2008, 4:18 am

I have a VERY narrow sense of humor. I have difficulty laughing at even the most popular comedies.

However, here are a few things that made me laugh hard.

House MD. Not exactly my favorite show, but boy do I find it funny at times, especially in the first two seasons.

Frasier. The only comedy series that constantly makes me laugh with it's very sophisticated, yet easy to catch humor. I highly recommend it.

Seinfeld. Most of the time, I find it unfunny. But every two episodes or so there's a moment that makes me explode with laughter.

Movies: Airplane and The Naked Gun trilogy. Completely absurd sense of humor that catches you off guard most of the time.