are delusions or paranoia in anyway related to AS?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2009, 8:26 am

i do not think AS is an area where delusions can flourish.

delusional people do not reality test in a sufficient way, and i know i am almost always in the process of reality testing.

(i was going to write ---"delusional people do not reality test in a sufficient way, and i know AS people are almost always in the process of reality testing." but i do not want to talk on anyone else's behalf)

delusional people are "convinced" by scant and erroneous data.
i am never convinced even with professorial tutelage.

i am never at risk of being deluded. i am blind and basal, and i have no false beliefs.

paranoia is kind of funny to me. i know it is nothing to be laughed at, but i think it is entertaining to read case histories of paranoid people.

like they may think there are small cracks in their walls and there are people spying on their every move through those cracks.

or they think that they saw some crack in the footpath that spelled their name.

that is the height of distrust....

they can not relax and be themselves because they are frightened that they are not what the universe is happy with. then they get paranoid and feel "apart" from the universe.

they feel scrutinised by the "gods" of their beliefs and they feel as if they failed to impress them.

then their mind becomes incapable of further logic and is consigned to severe inertia (like catatonia in some instances) for a while.

i do not know anything about this but this is my thoughts.

eristocrat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2009, 7:28 pm

My mom's family has AS traits and also a lot of paranoia and magical thinking.

With AS, anxiety can develop into OCD where you would have that type of thing, but not sure if it would be to that extent.

Have you checked out multicomplex development disorder?

Alicat1989
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jan 2009, 8:36 pm

the only paranoias i have are as follows:

1) my friends dont like me or will start to dislike me. - which after talking to my friends about this one slapped me and sed 'ali ur an idiot' haha. they all say they love me and if they havent heard from me for a whole day they contact me to make sure i'm ok.

2) something will happen to my friends like something bad- if u met my friends u wud understand haha. I protect them so much.

3) after watching jurassic park I get scared that a velosoraptor or t-rex will get me if i go outside. - hey i live near some scary woods and if i faced a t-rex i wud be fine coz my fear mechanism ust freezes me but if i faced a pack of velosoraptors i wud be screwed coz they'd eat me.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 1:44 am

Quote:
Have you checked out multicomplex development disorder?

No, but I've just looked it up. Interesting, I'm going to look more into it but there doesn't seem to be much information on it.

lostD
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2009, 3:41 am

It's usual for a child to have delusions I think ? Everyone I know had some silly fears because of shadows, dark, etc...
I don't know if it's normal once youve grown up though.