Sensory things that drive you nuts that no one else gets...

Page 4 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:11 am

probably tight clothes or bumpy socks, if theres a bump in my socks or something like that I go really mad and start stamping my foot on the floor and swear

people cracking their fingers or when people do that weird chokey noise when clearing their throat, so my friend purposly does that to annoy me

Or when speakers or microphones malfunction and they do that "kcccckwreeeeeee" noise, ugh it goes through me!

FieryGatoh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:19 am

Planes.

'nuff said

-runs off to throw up-

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:20 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:
One of the reasons I hate New England winters. :evil: Then again, I'm indoors most of the time these days... so I suppose that it doesn't matter much in my case. *Shrug* *Wiggles toes in slippers* :heart:

It's even worse here in normal England :D

I'm not wearing socks, shoes or anything now... OK, I don't literally mean that, I mean nothing on my feet, dont get the wrong idea! :P

My feet are not that sensitive to temperature so it doent matter in my own house, even when I walk on tiles.

I'm a bit sensitive to temperature, even feet. That and I just like my slippers, lol. They're fuzzy, and I like most fuzzy things.

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:22 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
My feet are not that sensitive to temperature so it doent matter in my own house, even when I walk on tiles.

I have this thing where my outer extremities are very sensitive to change in temperature, to the point that circulation starts to cut off at temperatures that most peoples bodies would not. It is hell in the winter, sorta ok in the summer, and wish I didn't have such sensitivities.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:25 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:
One of the reasons I hate New England winters. :evil: Then again, I'm indoors most of the time these days... so I suppose that it doesn't matter much in my case. *Shrug* *Wiggles toes in slippers* :heart:

It's even worse here in normal England :D

I'm not wearing socks, shoes or anything now... OK, I don't literally mean that, I mean nothing on my feet, dont get the wrong idea! :P

I'm a bit sensitive to temperature, even feet. That and I just like my slippers, lol. They're fuzzy, and I like most fuzzy things.

I am usually sensitive to temprature, especially cold (my dad will confirm this if you ask him what I do whenever he opens any window!) but for some reason my feet are not included in this... Weird.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:25 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:

Are they soft too? I love soft things touching my body, as long as the touch itself isn't too soft. For that reason I love to wear fleece. I need to get my fleece sweater washed so I can start wearing ti again.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:27 am

Padium wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:

Are they soft too? I love soft things touching my body, as long as the touch itself isn't too soft. For that reason I love to wear fleece. I need to get my fleece sweater washed so I can start wearing ti again.

Yes, soft and fluffy. :heart: I don't know if I've worn fleece or not.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:29 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
I am usually sensitive to temprature, especially cold (my dad will confirm this if you ask him what I do whenever he opens any window!) but for some reason my feet are not included in this... Weird.

I pretty much hate the cold. And winter (evil season.). I preffer to be hot over cold, any day... not that I like to be overheated, either.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:30 am

Fleece is the softest thing you can make a sweater out of, and I think it gets its name from fleece as in sheep's wool which is also called fleece, simply cuz it looks like the coat of wool it is wearing. I cannot stand wearing wool thoug, wool is way too rough.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:31 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

I pretty much hate the cold. And winter (evil season.). I preffer to be hot over cold, any day... not that I like to be overheated, either.

I hate Canadian winters. Very cold at times, and I cannot wear too thick of a coat or I will sweat and that is even worse of a feeling than being cold. I do however love winter sports and snowboarding in particular.

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:37 am

Padium wrote:
Fleece is the softest thing you can make a sweater out of, and I think it gets its name from fleece as in sheep's wool which is also called fleece, simply cuz it looks like the coat of wool it is wearing. I cannot stand wearing wool thoug, wool is way too rough.

Wool is itchy. *Twitch*
I'm not fond of sweaters... long sleeves drive me nuts (except on coats, which I can tolerate.)
Still not sure if I've ever worn it but I think my mom has some things made of fleece... maybe. Dunno.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:41 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

Yep, I like being warm, or what people call "stuffy" rooms.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:45 am

~Labels in clothing.
~Artificial fabric of clothing, like nylon, viscose, elastane, polyesters, etc.
~People who have the urge to touch me, time and time again.
~Sounds that continue on and on like, vacuum cleaners, high pitch sounds that some lamps and other electrical stuff make sometimes, the sounds that those cooling things on my computer and monitor make (the resonance), diesel or other car engines left on and continue near my place, etc.
~Situations where there's too much noise and you try to have a conversation with someone. People (and kids) that interrupt frequently, disturbing my train of thought. Conversations where more people speak at once. That sort of stuff confuses the heck out of me.
~Lotions and stuff. I go pale from them.

Maybe not direct sensory stuff but annoying never the less:

~IGNORANCE!
~LIARS and BEHIND THE BACK going people!
~People staring at me for ages (so stupid and rude).

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 9:47 am

DeLoreanDude wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:

Yep, I like being warm, or what people call "stuffy" rooms.

I like it when it's around 80 degrees F.

JoJerome
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jan 2009, 9:51 am

Coadunate wrote:
Sound of fabric tearing ever since I can remember as a child. I have no idea why. Anyone else have this? It has been a life long mystery for me. Any clues would be appreciated.

Some fabrics, yes. But for me it's fingernails on polyester or similar fabrics (the ever-famed nails on a chalkboard actually doesn't bother me a bit!). Besides that I was never that girly and despite Mom trying to convince me that pantyhose under a skirt are just as warm as long johns and jeans, it's the feel of the fabric that drives me insane.

(Let's see: going somewhere with Mom and Dad on a bitter cold February morning in Michigan with a 35mph, -20 wind chill blowing straight up my arse. Which would be more effective: Sheer pantyhose only slightly stronger than toilet paper but not as strong as notebook paper, or a solid pair of long johns and heavy work jeans?)
:roll:

- Jo

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2009, 11:13 am

Padium wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:

I hate wearing my school jumper cos it doesn't allow my skin to "breathe".

I like soft clothes. I got a pashmina for Christmas, it's really nice and it keeps me warm in winter. :D

I have a dressing gown which I wear a lot when I can't be bothered to get dressed, but I feel weird cos it's a bit frumpy, and I care how I look as well.

For some reason, my feet aren't that sensitive to cold, even when they look blue, LOL.

y es como un semestre"