Sensory things that drive you nuts that no one else gets...

Page 6 of 12 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,898
Location: The Town That Time Forgot (UK)

11 Jan 2009, 11:13 am

Padium wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:
I'm a bit sensitive to temperature, even feet. That and I just like my slippers, lol. They're fuzzy, and I like most fuzzy things.


Are they soft too? I love soft things touching my body, as long as the touch itself isn't too soft. For that reason I love to wear fleece. I need to get my fleece sweater washed so I can start wearing ti again.


I hate wearing my school jumper cos it doesn't allow my skin to "breathe".

I like soft clothes. I got a pashmina for Christmas, it's really nice and it keeps me warm in winter. :D

I have a dressing gown which I wear a lot when I can't be bothered to get dressed, but I feel weird cos it's a bit frumpy, and I care how I look as well.

For some reason, my feet aren't that sensitive to cold, even when they look blue, LOL.


_________________
'El reloj, no avanza
y yo quiero ir a verte,
La clase, no acaba
y es como un semestre"


Padium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,369

11 Jan 2009, 11:17 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
BelindatheNobody wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
I am usually sensitive to temprature, especially cold (my dad will confirm this if you ask him what I do whenever he opens any window!) but for some reason my feet are not included in this... Weird.

I pretty much hate the cold. And winter (evil season.). I preffer to be hot over cold, any day... not that I like to be overheated, either.


Yep, I like being warm, or what people call "stuffy" rooms.

I like it when it's around 80 degrees F.


Really? I think my thermostat is broken, as I have it set to 65, but it feels like 72, and it reads 65. I cannot stand 65, but 72 is just perfect... I hardly like 69/70, it has to be roughly 72.



Keith
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,595
Location: East Sussex, UK

11 Jan 2009, 11:57 am

I hate refresh rates of monitors, my step brother's is set to max @ 85Hz and the monitor isn't doing 85, I can see it flickering like mad. I can't see it when it's at 100 though.

I was touching some flour and the texture was horrific. I took my hands out and refused to do anything with it until it was changed back.

Cheese - just talking about it makes me want to throw up.

I hate the wind blowing on my hair and even more so when the rain is heavy. I don't like anything touching it.

Someone squeezed my shoulder on Friday and I let out a horrified yelp (almost) and moved away. Do people really need to touch like this???

My ex thought I was ticklish when I blatantly said to her, "I don't like being touched on my sides and I'm not ticklish"

Ticking clocks, I hate



gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,898
Location: The Town That Time Forgot (UK)

11 Jan 2009, 12:02 pm

Keith wrote:
I was touching some flour and the texture was horrific. I took my hands out and refused to do anything with it until it was changed back.


Really? I love touching flour. I like how light it is, like powdered air. This is how everytime I cook with flour it ends up everywhere, cos I run my fingers through it and it settles over everything.


_________________
'El reloj, no avanza
y yo quiero ir a verte,
La clase, no acaba
y es como un semestre"


Bluntspeak
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 1 Dec 2008
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 14

11 Jan 2009, 1:49 pm

using felt-tips... the feel of it sliding along the page, and the sound it makes is......... argh. pencils aren't great either, but nothing near the annoyance of felt-tips.



MusicGrl23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 17 May 2008
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 40
Location: Eastern PA, United States

11 Jan 2009, 2:04 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
Loud notices, especially high pitched ones. When I hear children scream, it hurts my ears.


Same here. I dislike being around children in general because they always seem to be constantly talking and running around. However, I seem to dislike being around children even more when they are screaming and crying. I went out to lunch with my mom yesterday afternoon and I felt like I was going to have to go outside for a while because there was this little girl who would not stop screaming.



theQuail
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 9 Dec 2007
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 254

11 Jan 2009, 2:05 pm

I have a few that should be easy to understand (loud classrooms, loud low bass, bright light, powdery stuff, sticky stuff, and grease) and a weird one. If I feel like something might hit me, or it is passing over me in a way that disturbs me, I get a very uncomfortable feeling in my head and want to move my head away or close my eyes. Things that might trigger it are people throwing balls in my field of vision, paper airplanes, or passing under low ceilings. I guess my ancestors had a problem with head injuries..? :roll:



FerrariMike_40
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 187

11 Jan 2009, 2:34 pm

I absolutely can not stand to be in a room with either no windows, or closed blinds. My room has 3 3' windows on the back wall which I always keep the blinds open.

Low ceilings.

Also overhead lights of pretty much any type, I like sunlight and am not bothered by lamps but overhead lights really bother me.

When people put their arm on my shoulder or neck. I'll kind of lower my shoulder so they don't do it, also my hip bones.


_________________
ADD. HFA. CCCP. SFRY.


gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,898
Location: The Town That Time Forgot (UK)

11 Jan 2009, 2:37 pm

theQuail wrote:
I have a few that should be easy to understand (loud classrooms, loud low bass, bright light, powdery stuff, sticky stuff, and grease) and a weird one. If I feel like something might hit me, or it is passing over me in a way that disturbs me, I get a very uncomfortable feeling in my head and want to move my head away or close my eyes. Things that might trigger it are people throwing balls in my field of vision, paper airplanes, or passing under low ceilings. I guess my ancestors had a problem with head injuries..? :roll:


That sounds like a natural nervous reaction. I'm guessing you're not too good at sports? I'm the same, I duck every time the ball comes near me, and if I ain't paying attention I normally get hit in the head with it.


_________________
'El reloj, no avanza
y yo quiero ir a verte,
La clase, no acaba
y es como un semestre"


Padium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,369

11 Jan 2009, 2:39 pm

Strobe lights. I hate them sooooooooooo much. They make me want to just go fetal position and cover my eyes. Fortunatly I can resist the urge and just continue hating them... Why did someone have to invent something so crappy as strobe lights?



Airborne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2008
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 301
Location: United States Of America

11 Jan 2009, 2:44 pm

Padium wrote:
Strobe lights. I hate them sooooooooooo much. They make me want to just go fetal position and cover my eyes. Fortunatly I can resist the urge and just continue hating them... Why did someone have to invent something so crappy as strobe lights?

I freak out when I see those as well. Unless your trapped in some crazy area, signaling for a rescue helicopter I dont want to see those.....



pakled
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,827

11 Jan 2009, 2:52 pm

Elevator/restraunt/grocery store Muzak. I can't ignore it (but would I like to). I'll hear part of a commercial, and the song gets stuck in me head.

There's a place at work where 2 high-speed motors are running, at a minor third note from each other. It sounds just like 'Du Haste Mich' (sp?), so I'm usually having German hard rock going through my head whenever I work in that building...;)

What gets me is loud static, especially when the kids turn off the cable, but not the TV



Keith
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,595
Location: East Sussex, UK

11 Jan 2009, 3:23 pm

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Keith wrote:
I was touching some flour and the texture was horrific. I took my hands out and refused to do anything with it until it was changed back.


Really? I love touching flour. I like how light it is, like powdered air. This is how everytime I cook with flour it ends up everywhere, cos I run my fingers through it and it settles over everything.

CORNflour.. it's texture is just wrong, self-raising is fine



gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,898
Location: The Town That Time Forgot (UK)

11 Jan 2009, 3:29 pm

Keith wrote:
gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Keith wrote:
I was touching some flour and the texture was horrific. I took my hands out and refused to do anything with it until it was changed back.


Really? I love touching flour. I like how light it is, like powdered air. This is how everytime I cook with flour it ends up everywhere, cos I run my fingers through it and it settles over everything.

CORNflour.. it's texture is just wrong, self-raising is fine


What's the difference between cornflour and regular flour? I've never done anything with cornflour.


_________________
'El reloj, no avanza
y yo quiero ir a verte,
La clase, no acaba
y es como un semestre"


CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 657
Location: Connecticut, USA

11 Jan 2009, 3:40 pm

Exposed hands in bed! :x

I need to have the covers pulled over my head to sleep, but have to maintain a gap so that I can breathe cool outside air--this I do with a particular arrangement of my hands and head and blankets (one of which is weighted :D).

But that leaves my hands exposed, and I can't stand it. It feels like they're vulnerable and/or dead already.

So I wear gloves to bed now. It isn't required in hot weather (I like hot), but in winter is absolutely necessary unless I want to wake up with my hands balled into fists and my wrists bent inward, and then have numb arms half the day (from nerve compression, I guess).

I have several other sensory issues too (fluorescent lighting, CRT flyback transformers, low-frequency noises, stinks, etc.), but most of these have been mentioned already. :P