Page 12 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 38  Next

melissa91
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Nov 2013, 7:43 pm

Padium wrote:
What are some experiences you've had with something you enjoy that most people would question but is common for people on the spectrum.

I'll share one: I have been listening to the same song for at least an hour now.

I'm neurotypical (I think) and I did this when I was fourteen for several hours. There was a boy-related story behind it though, lol

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 9:42 pm

Your unlovable even to your family so you decide to come here to test the waters than you realize it ain't happening so you decide to do the intelligent thing and direct that lovable to your pets at least you know your efforts are appreciated and you never get stabbed in the back. :D

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2013, 10:37 pm

you have a severe co morbid , depression or anxiety dr tony attywood reckons "autism is anxiety looking for a target" I should start a tread asking if their are any clear skins here . :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 4:09 pm

you meet a pretty girl and you want to show her your penis.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 5:02 pm

aussiebloke wrote:

OK aussiebloke. Back in your box!

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm

When "I want to go home!" is all you can say when you're overwhelmed, no matter the context.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 5:09 pm

ImAnAspie wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

OK aussiebloke. Back in your box!

you know it's true why else would you respond :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
When "I want to go home!" is all you can say when you're overwhelmed, no matter the context.

I all ways want to be home :)

Liblady
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2013, 5:56 pm

When you can spend half a day at work with your clothes inside out or mismatched shoes, or worse, you exit the restroom with your skirt hitched up in back, and you don't notice until a coworker brings it to your attention.

Liblady
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2013, 5:56 pm

When you can spend half a day at work with your clothes inside out or mismatched shoes, or worse, you exit the restroom with your skirt hitched up in back, and you don't notice until a coworker brings it to your attention.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 6:02 pm

When you do everything right at work, yet you just know your boss is dissatisfied with you.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2013, 8:33 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
When you do everything right at work, yet you just know your boss is dissatisfied with you.

agreed I really don't understand why you guys bother with these scum bags again and again I tell you lot to stick to pets do you listen ?

I think my friend may be aspie he moved in to a house and 2 coctaiels where left in the garage :cry: , he kept them for 10 years but he had to give them away as his very nt wife got jealous of them :roll: complaining " you devote to much time to those birds and not enough time to me" that and they flew away 3 times due to her negligence. What is this world coming to ?

RollingPandaArt
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Nov 2013, 9:25 pm

these are for me specifically)

You know your Aspie when ...

you have a lit scented candle when ever you are home.

you feel all the anxiety of life leave you as pull up in the driveway.

when people at work tell you that you need a filter and you have to google it to find out what they mean.

whenever you get emotionally upset your apartment somehow becomes spotless. (my mother always loved that I cleaned when upset)

when your wife leaves you for your only friend and you failed to see the signs for over 6 months.

LAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2013, 11:41 pm

Mindsigh wrote:

LOL, even when I'm already at home. :lol: :oops:

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 12:07 am

Mindsigh wrote:

Oh, I can really relate to this. I don't know how many times I've been out and thought that exact phrase! Home's my sanctuary.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2013, 12:15 am

RollingPandaArt wrote:
when people at work tell you that you need a filter and you have to google it to find out what they mean.

What did they mean?