Page 8 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 38  Next

16 Jan 2009, 5:52 pm

DeLoreanDude wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
People compare you to Rain Man and ask if you are autistic
(That actually happened to me when I was 15, 16 too)

That's cool! :)

That freaked me out. People thinking you're autistic. Made me wonder what was I doing wrong that made me come off as abnormal and they don't even tell you when you ask. And my mother says people would never guess I have a disability and know I'm different.

cmastler
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2009, 6:02 pm

You feel your way always has to be the right way.

You are VERY Autistic if you happon to have an INTENCE intrest that even OTHER ASPIES concider to be rather 'strange', even by THEIR standerds...ummmn...*coughcoughcough*

OccamsIndecision
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2009, 6:20 pm

Uranus wrote:
...you get upset because Vista doesn't have the defragmentation boxes like those seen in Windows XP. :evil:

I'm looking for a replacement program for this very reason. I miss watching the little boxes flashing and moving.

cmastler
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2009, 6:31 pm

You know your autistic (if not VERY autistic) when....

You feel that the world is going to end, or you may even die, once someone stop's posting in your beloved topic on this forums...even if it's for a short while.

You have terrable difficulites with some mental fuctionings (with me, this include's even some really SERIUS mental fuctionings...such as the way the brain procives 'cuteness'. why else would I be called the cutenessmastler here? of course...I could joined as kmastler, too...k for kawaii, or kirby, who i'm like in love with...almost).

The thought of losing your pet dog or cat is even scarier for you than it would be for anyone else. :cry: It could even be almost as scary as losing someone even CLOSER....

You feel that you'd die the moment you pet does, or, soon afterwards.

You feel your the only one that know's how this world really work's or SHOULD really work.

You actually see sex for what it is-the absolutly desgusting intersection of 2...I won't say whats. (ever come to concider it, hmmn? :? not trying to offend anyone, but...)

You just can't see how a 'girly' person could like something soo...gross (sound's like me).

You don't see why some things are right and some things are wrong...confusion of right and wrong.

You probably prefer animals over humans..sometimes to the point that you would go vegetarian (like me...though it's not like i prefer animals over humans....).

Serius autisum-very late talker. And, maybe even very late walker? (i wouldn't know)

You hate change. And, possably, growing up.

Your lucky to be alive if you are not on meds (depending on the condition).

Some other stuff, too....yeah
~mastler

RarePegs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jan 2009, 7:24 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
DeLoreanDude wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
People compare you to Rain Man and ask if you are autistic
(That actually happened to me when I was 15, 16 too)

That's cool! :)

That freaked me out. People thinking you're autistic. Made me wonder what was I doing wrong that made me come off as abnormal and they don't even tell you when you ask. And my mother says people would never guess I have a disability and know I'm different.

I wish people around me (who don't know of my claim to be on the spectrum) would tell me that they think I am.

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 9:30 pm

...when you think 'sack the quarterback' is a football player, not a football term. Sadly, that's what I thought when I was in 4th grade. :P

blackjack89
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2010, 5:54 pm

when you read this entire thread (8 pages in under a minute) and relate to all of it.

09 Jan 2010, 5:58 pm

When you bump this thread that is close to a year old.

alana
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 6:30 pm

TallyMan wrote:
As recently mentioned on the Computing forum... you know your an aspie if you sit for hours watching the little blocks move around on screen while the computer hard drive defragments.

Omg...I never knew anyone else did this.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 7:17 pm

You know you're autistic, when you look at old pictures, and you always have your arms down at the sides of your torso.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2010, 8:34 pm

...you find yourself doing nothing for 10 minutes, just thinking.

Grey_Area
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2010, 9:26 pm

When you've just spent ten minutes outside watching an icicle grow.

I've also spent some time watching the defrag screen. Last time I did it (some time in Summer - 81 days ago according to Properties) I noticed a repeating pattern in the bad areas that looked like there was a big scratch on the disc.

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2010, 9:43 pm

bonez wrote:
Signs654 wrote:
If you jump when someone honks the horn.

LMAO, u too??

Ugh. Every. Single. Time.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2010, 1:44 am

This is a bit like the 'You might be an Aspie' thread, without perhaps as much emphasis on humour.

I can go into quite long lectures, even in response to an initial "How are you/"

If I get stuck with a Killer Sudoku (they don't include ANY individual cell numbers in the puzzle), I will do it over and over until I solve it.

RarePegs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2010, 7:00 pm

alana wrote:
TallyMan wrote:
As recently mentioned on the Computing forum... you know your an aspie if you sit for hours watching the little blocks move around on screen while the computer hard drive defragments.

Omg...I never knew anyone else did this.

For those who miss the little blocks on the most recent versions of Windows, I recommend Auslogics BoostSpeed

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2010, 11:58 pm

TallyMan wrote:

I REALLY love to sit and watch those little blocks, it's SO relaxing for me.