Page 4 of 38 [ 604 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 38  Next

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 11:00 pm

sethzack wrote:
lionesss wrote:
How abut when you have to listen to the same song or watch the same video 3 or more times in a row :D

My youtube account is a testament to that, I have seen 16,203 videos and I can tell you right now they weren't all different.

good to know I am not alone here :D

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 11:18 pm

lionesss wrote:
How abut when you have to listen to the same song or watch the same video 3 or more times in a row :D

When I find a song or video I like I sometimes end up watching it till I'm sick of it.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 11:47 pm

lionesss wrote:
sethzack wrote:
lionesss wrote:

My youtube account is a testament to that, I have seen 16,203 videos and I can tell you right now they weren't all different.

good to know I am not alone here :D

Yeah, I have it bad. My NT friends (or I should say my online friends) think I am crazy for having watched so many videos and most of them being the same thing over and over.

I Want To Become Stronger...
... Than I Was Yesterday!! !! - The words in my avatar picture.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 11:54 pm

Padium wrote:
I'll share one: I have been listening to the same song for at least an hour now.

My sister sometimes listens to the same song over and over again and shes NT. And also Im listening to the same song over and over again right now.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 12:20 am

TallyMan wrote:
As recently mentioned on the Computing forum... you know your an aspie if you sit for hours watching the little blocks move around on screen while the computer hard drive defragments.

Ah crud, I actually did do that... many times.... and still do.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 12:21 am

princesseli wrote:
Padium wrote:
I'll share one: I have been listening to the same song for at least an hour now.

My sister sometimes listens to the same song over and over again and shes NT. And also Im listening to the same song over and over again right now.

Is she a teenager because that is very typical for teenage girls, my sister is also an NT and listens to the same annoying songs over and over again.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2009, 12:22 am

Padium wrote:

I just traveled from Charlotte, NC to Richmond, IN on business, which took almost 9 hours. About half of that was spent listening to two CDs. 8O

TallyMan wrote:
As recently mentioned on the Computing forum... you know your an aspie if you sit for hours watching the little blocks move around on screen while the computer hard drive defragments.

Well, not the defrag blocks but I have actually watched large files download.

sethzack wrote:
...if you recognize yourself in the "you might be an Aspie" jokes and you don't know if you should laugh or cry.

Yeah, really. :(

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 12:23 am

Padium wrote:
ike wrote:
Padium wrote:
TallyMan wrote:

I've done that before with Win98 and could sit there watching it for hours it was so fun! In the end I was like "will the structure ever be finished?"... Anyways, I'm not the only one who has done that then.

I did that a few times... back when I defragmented drives... I haven't defragged a drive in a while because they're so big now and degragging takes too long.

Do it over night... Or over a weekend when your away.

I remember having computers that didn't allow you to do that. You had to keep moving the mouse every once in a while and if the screen saver did pop up, you had to start all over again. Ah, the good ol' days.

KazigluBey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jan 2009, 12:31 am

Ooo, I think I got an original one:

- When you contemplate how you are going to manage to get your "special" coffee cup back from whoever is currently using it at work.

This actually happened to me one day. My coffee cup (which is actually mine, it has a picture of Curious George on it) came up "missing" one day. Despite that there were ample coffee cups to use, I was really concerned about my coffee cup. I started to get pretty nervous wondering how I was going to manage to get it back so I could have some coffee and even speculating who might have it.

In the end, I found my cup. One of the cleaning staff put it in the back on the shelf instead of leaving it sitting to the side of the sink where I religiously leave it.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 12:56 am

KazigluBey wrote:
Ooo, I think I got an original one:

- When you contemplate how you are going to manage to get your "special" coffee cup back from whoever is currently using it at work.

This actually happened to me one day. My coffee cup (which is actually mine, it has a picture of Curious George on it) came up "missing" one day. Despite that there were ample coffee cups to use, I was really concerned about my coffee cup. I started to get pretty nervous wondering how I was going to manage to get it back so I could have some coffee and even speculating who might have it.

In the end, I found my cup. One of the cleaning staff put it in the back on the shelf instead of leaving it sitting to the side of the sink where I religiously leave it.

That is a good one, I have had similar difficulties but not with a coffee cup.

Weather
Raven
Raven

13 Jan 2009, 1:28 am

You might be an aspie if you get hypnotized by the Windows screensavers. Especially the pipes, the morphing ball and the bouncing 3D text.

Or better yet while listening to music in Windows Music Player and watching the visuals.

ShyGorilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2009, 1:39 am

garyww wrote:
You know you're autistic if............:
http://www.geocities.com/autistry/YMBAAI.html

now we just need an Aspie comedian to build his act around this.

apologies if someone mentioned this already.

and yes as I was, I found myself nodding for most of them.

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 1:41 am

ShyGorilla wrote:
now we just need an Aspie comedian to build his act around this.

I'm on it! :D

Well I did have dreams about being a comedian, I'm not so sure now.

ShyGorilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jan 2009, 1:57 am

I've got a myspace friend who is Aspie and a comedian. I think he's on here too, MartyMoose, if you're ready this, have we got an idea for you buddy!

I love comedians! We I got my XM radio and found out there was an ENTIRE channel of nothing but standup comedy, I was in heaven.....okay, I'm gonna stop because I can feel myself going into an aspie run-on.

I've learned the signs, for me anyway, increased heart rate, eyes get wide with glee, brain going into overdrive and getting frustrated because I can't type (or talk) as fast as my mind is churning out words....see there I go again.

need to take a smoke break to "center" myself again. :lol:

sethzack
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 2:01 am

ShyGorilla wrote:
I've got a myspace friend who is Aspie and a comedian. I think he's on here too, MartyMoose, if you're ready this, have we got an idea for you buddy!

I love comedians! We I got my XM radio and found out there was an ENTIRE channel of nothing but standup comedy, I was in heaven.....okay, I'm gonna stop because I can feel myself going into an aspie run-on.

I've learned the signs, for me anyway, increased heart rate, eyes get wide with glee, brain going into overdrive and getting frustrated because I can't type (or talk) as fast as my mind is churning out words....see there I go again.

need to take a smoke break to "center" myself again. :lol:

I do those a lot, especially mind racing and not being able to talk and type fast enough.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 2:23 am

... your psychiatrist tells you that you're definitely autistic.