Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 2:34 am

So, arm flapping and rocking are all well and good, but sometimes when I get really excited, I involuntarily tense muscles in my armpits really hard. I don't think this was ever really a problem until I started becoming an old fart. Now sometimes this causes one of my shoulders to pop out. I really hate it when this happens, but it's hard to stop doing it. I don't even realize I've done it until I feel the pain. Any tips?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 7:39 am

Ouch.

I don't know, just try to ween yourself out of it, I guess? Maybe find a safer stim to replace it.

Maybe just stop getting excited =)

I know I never got into hand-flapping because it hurts my wrists.

losingit1973
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2018, 2:25 pm

When I am out shopping I will grip the basket handle and twist my hands back any forth on it. If it has the little finger nubs on the bottom even better. I have done this to the point of blisters on my palms a few times.

AQ 42

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 7:03 pm

Well, it's official. I tore my rotator cuff. Stupid shoulder.
Yay, physical therapy. :?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2018, 9:49 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Ouch. I don't know, just try to ween yourself out of it, I guess? Maybe find a safer stim to replace it.

When I was very young I had a stim but my mother told me to stop it before I entered school. I did and transferred this to another type of stim. A couple years later, I transferred this to a third type of stim. Eventually I broke myself off all types of stims.

I think I would go along with SabbraCadabra advise.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 4:58 am

Sounds like it's too late >_<

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 10:24 am

...Considering my black pain nowadays :( ...

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!