Are there any people here that don't feel like a human being

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jun 2010, 7:49 am

Another "ghost" analogy here.
I go through the same situations and stuff as everyone else... but I'm always less impacted. People change but I'm still the same, they have goals I just drift the next subject that can get my attention. It's like I'm not really there.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 8:01 am

As you can see on the left, I feel machine, humanoid.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 8:10 am

I feel like an observer. I watch. I analyse. I experience from my 5 senses. I don't have much interest in participating in the game called life that everyone else finds so important. I'm also very bored and depressed much of the time.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 8:12 am

BattleCreekDavid wrote:
I'm still waiting for the mother ship to come and take me home. Hope they didn't forget about me.

Heh, I'm on the other side of the county from you.

Anyway, I have told friends about this in the past, that I don't feel like a person because I was so strange. I have said the phrase "I am not a real person" years ago.

But opposite from many of you despite some of my similarities, and probably because of the mood disorder, I am TOO expressive. Probably one of the reasons why the docs think I can't really be dxed.

All of my emotions are over the top. I laugh too much. Cry too much. Get too excited. Too angry, etc... unlike most people, I can't hide them either, so when people ask what kinda day I am having, I have to say because they could read me and tell that I am having a bad day anyway.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 1:32 pm

FINNALY! Someone else who shares my feelings. Ever since I could remember I felt like I was born the wrong species. I felt as if I should have been a cat. Whenever I told my parents how I felt they told me to stop being silly or it was time to stop pretending or that God made me a person and I had to accept it. I was not pretending. I really felt as if I was born in the wrong body. I gave up telling my parents and grew up depresed and unhappy for various reasons but one of them was because I didn't want to be a person and felt I wasn't supposed to be.

NomadicAssassin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2010, 2:33 pm

I know to others this may sound bad but, i dislike humans ( yes i relise thats me ), no i dont want to hurt my self, but i just find humans to be to emotional, to greedy, i could go on for hours but, you get the point. Yes at times i have expressed emotion, however i do not know how to describe an emotion, i do not know how to tell what i am feeling, i probably like many here, have a really hard time describing my/our emotions, therefore we all can safley say that we are emotionless. Logic is my freind, i do not feel for my family even though they, help me alot, i know i am crule, but i simply dont have anything in me. That dose not mean however i wish i were not with them, for they have gotten me through life so far i think they can succeed a while longer.

Albert Einstein

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

I feel like a human being. I am a human being. Human being is a wide category. It includes us all, however different we may be to the norm.

The year is still young.

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 7:16 pm

When I was dx schizoaffective many years ago, among many things I was dx with ( I wasn't dx AS until my 36th year), some well-meaning psychiatrists said to me:

"So how do you feel?"
"I feel like an alien."
"Do you believe you came from another planet?"
"No, I have not come from another planet, but I feel like I have."
"Is this a memory or a feeling?"
"No it is not a memory, it is a fact. I KNOW I don't belong."
"Many people feel different Mics, but they are not aliens."
"Yes, I know that, but I feel inhuman. Like something just "dropped" me here without the language, the customs, the understanding that I need to survive."
"So you do believe you came from another planet. Do you hear other aliens talking to you?"
"(suddenly angry and knowing my words are being twisted yet again...enter sarcasm) Yep, I hear other aliens talking to me, you are one of them."(IDIOT!)

Suffice to say, they stuck me on anti-psychotics and turned me into an alien zombie rather than just an alien and labelled me "psychopathic".

My shrinks now are much better.

Take good care

Mics

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2010, 7:45 pm

I feel like I'm human for now, it's just doesn't feel permanent. I feel more like a spirit that's inhabiting a body. When I was growing up I would watch people doing things and habitually think, "oh this is how humans do this or that". I still get that sometimes, but it's turned more to a mild frustration. After 35 years, how humans do things isn't that much clearer. :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jun 2010, 9:18 pm

NomadicAssassin wrote:
I know to others this may sound bad but, i dislike humans ( yes i relise thats me ), no i dont want to hurt my self, but i just find humans to be to emotional, to greedy, i could go on for hours but, you get the point. Yes at times i have expressed emotion, however i do not know how to describe an emotion, i do not know how to tell what i am feeling, i probably like many here, have a really hard time describing my/our emotions, therefore we all can safley say that we are emotionless. Logic is my freind, i do not feel for my family even though they, help me alot, i know i am crule, but i simply dont have anything in me. That dose not mean however i wish i were not with them, for they have gotten me through life so far i think they can succeed a while longer.

Are you a VHEMT supporter by any chance :?: VHEMT is short for Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. The name gives a bad impression. They believe in voluntarily choosing not to reproduce because the planet would be better off without humans & considering our long track record of exploiting & destroying the environment & ourselves; they have a point.

@Michhsta Your experiences with shrinks are not uncommon unfortunately. You must be extremely careful about the words you use when dealing with docs. They can over-analyze things & misinterpret things. NTs express things differently than people on the spectrum & lots of experts may not understand the differences. Instead of saying that you feel like an alien; say you feel like you do not belong & are an outsider in life. I'm glad you founds some better shrinks

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition