Are there any people here that don't feel like a human being

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 9:11 pm

I see how other people are able to be friendly, laugh, smile, and show emotion so easily, and it depresses me that I am not the same way.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 9:35 pm

Yeah, pretty much. Sometimes I try to mimic what the others are doing, as an example, I try to look interested in what they are talking about even though I couldn't care less. I suppose I do that to be polite.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 9:42 pm

Sometimes I feel ignored, but I still feel like a human being.

IndridCold
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2009, 9:53 pm

To answer your question, the name of this forum is Wrongplanet.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:12 pm

KevinLA wrote:
I see how other people are able to be friendly, laugh, smile, and show emotion so easily, and it depresses me that I am not the same way.

Yes I do. I don't have face expressions and it's hard for me to be enthusiastic. Sometimes I do laugh or make people laugh though.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:32 pm

I have, at times, referred to myself as being "not a real person".

Cadzie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2009, 10:34 pm

KevinLA wrote:

Me too Kevin, I watch people all day long socialize and well I do a poor impression of being human I suppose, and well I smile but I cue myself to at wrong times, and I'm told I can be quite moody... but as the old line goes, to Err is human, so in someways we are more human then Human.

MobiusSyndrome
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Feb 2009, 10:40 pm

This matches myself quite well... especially issues about Love. Honestly, I don't feel anything close to what people have discribed as Love, and seeing everyone around me happy and together, It kinda makes me feel isolated and defective. I have had people they tell me they love me, (both Family and Women wanting to date me) but when they ask me if I Love them, they always get insulted when I honestly say I don't even love anything at all. It can be disheartening to someone like me to not know what is so important about Love, and yet probably not ever experiance anytime soon.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:42 pm

What's human?

I know how I feel, how I think, and how I exist. I don't know how others feel and think, even when they tell me; if it's different to my thoughts and feelings, I just don't understand them.

No, people don't feel "human" to me, as the only evidence I have what it's like to feel human is my experience, and since I'm cut-off from the experience of others....

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 10:46 pm

[quote="Danielismyname"]What's human?

[quote]

Having expression. Showing emotion. Enjoying the company of others. Not being like a robot.

MobiusSyndrome
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Feb 2009, 11:15 pm

Quote:
What's Human?
Quote:
Having expression. Showing emotion. Enjoying the company of others.

According to that description, I'm not Human... what a drag. There has to be more than just that for the definition. Emotions are hard for me to express, and I don't connect right with others so I tend to be a loner.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 2:59 am

KevinLA wrote:
Having expression. Showing emotion. Enjoying the company of others. Not being like a robot.

I wonder if I'm human.

Expression: I can express myself adequately, even when I don't use words; I use hand gestures. Sure, I'm not bubbly, the "life of the party" so to speak, but I've often made people laugh with my blunt and sarcastic humour/demeanour

Showing emotion: I show the emotions that I can feel to people who are close to me; it's just that hardly anyone is close to me (I'm selective). I need not show it to people I don't know (especially as it's so hard to do such), and don't want to know

Enjoying the company of others: if I like the person, I don't mind being around them. It takes awhile for me to become comfortable in the presence of people, but it's something I work towards if I like someone, no matter how painful it is (and it is painful)

Not being like a robot: I've never been called a robot before

Yay, I'm human.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 3:38 am

MobiusSyndrome wrote:
This matches myself quite well... especially issues about Love. Honestly, I don't feel anything close to what people have discribed as Love, and seeing everyone around me happy and together, It kinda makes me feel isolated and defective. I have had people they tell me they love me, (both Family and Women wanting to date me) but when they ask me if I Love them, they always get insulted when I honestly say I don't even love anything at all. It can be disheartening to someone like me to not know what is so important about Love, and yet probably not ever experiance anytime soon.

i like this thread. i, too, don't feel like human, but i am kind of used to it by now and i don't care anymore. never been in love, never been in relationship and what's worse people tend to like me. it's probably the syndrome of forbidden apple, they see they cannot have me, that i keep distance and therefore they are attracted to me?
i like when i am in an airplane flying through very turbulent weather, it makes me feel alive. :x

beareater
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Feb 2009, 3:48 am

u guys have it all and dont even care to get to know it

i can assure u that

:twisted:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 3:56 am

I don't feel like a human being, although for different reasons.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 4:12 am

Funny people mention a robot, my current photo on Facebook is a robot from WALL-E (the cleaner robot Mo). I've always liked robots. On Facebook I keep calling people 'you humans'. I love the Flight of the Conchords Song about robots (the humans are are all dead).

I don't have any expression when I speak, and I don't move my hands at all. I force eye contact but sometimes forget to. I used to hate saying nothing during conversations but now I allow my mind to wander off (it's better than getting anxious) and I might stim, which makes me feel better, but I get looks from my friends.