Your weird reactions to severe stress?

Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 8:06 am

Postperson wrote:
K9 have you talked to a lawyer about the situation with your other house/niece/sister?

Legal Aid can be quite helpful and it's a free phone call, in this state anyway. You can always contest the will, but that ends up being more money for lawyers. In NSW the laws regarding executors and will are very old and they presume honesty and good intentions on the part of the executor. I had a lot of problems with my brother being sole executor and he wanted to buy mum's house (which he concealed), but it was a falling market then so he kept taking the 'for sale' signs down and refusing to put it on the market. There's a lot executors can do to favour themselves which isn't exactly 'illegal'. I'm not sure which state your father lives in but it would come down to state legislation on wills and executors and a lot of legislation is now online.

i am not 'k9".

it is very complicated. my greedy sister has convinced my father that she is the only one that cares for him.
she gets him drunk and then he signs anything she gives him without reading it.
she has the personality of a very competent "matron".

my father is distraught after my mother died, and that sister is the most resemblant of my mother who was also matronly (but fair and not greedy)
my sister has already swindled about $2 million of his estate into her hands with his drunken signatures.
she is a serious b***h and i can do nothing because i can not play her game at her level.

whatever. no need for anyone but me to worry.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 3:34 am

b9 wrote:

i am not 'k9".

oh sorry about that, b9, I think it's the robot icon, it made me think of k9 (used to be a dr who robot).

invisiblem0nsters
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2009, 3:57 am

SarahH wrote:
I find that going to the toilet (lol not actually going to the toilet.. but sitting there) helps...

Something about regaining my own space when I first meet people or am feeling stressed helps me to calm myself down.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I quickly make a hasty exit. I like to spend a lot of time in quiet introspection anyway.

That about sums it up.

BobTheMartian
Toucan
Toucan

04 Mar 2009, 5:23 pm

invisiblem0nsters wrote:
SarahH wrote:
I find that going to the toilet (lol not actually going to the toilet.. but sitting there) helps...

Something about regaining my own space when I first meet people or am feeling stressed helps me to calm myself down.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I quickly make a hasty exit. I like to spend a lot of time in quiet introspection anyway.

That about sums it up.

Wow, I'll say. When I was in basic training I quickly became known as the King of the Head due to the fact I would spend a ton of time on the throne. It was the only place I could go to get any sort of privacy or breathing room to think. That and the literally constant level of heightened stress... Well, let's not get into that.

Nowadays, one of the things I do that I doubt many others would is actually become obsessed with confronting the source of my stress. Any consistent source, particularly one provided by the actions or perceptions of others, becomes maddening in that I'm always thinking about it and trying to figure out how to deal with it. Attempting to do something about it, to take control, even if I fail, is in itself a potent source of relief. Sticking up for myself has gotten me into a lot of trouble in the past, but all in all I think it was worth it every time.