Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 9:55 am

I think the person in this video, a clip from a staple in American TV, I might add, has AS.

Take a look and see for yourself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjqopJJ_jU8

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 10:05 am

why do you think so?

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 10:25 am

If you can closely see his reaction to winning $25,000 American, you know that he thought it was a joke when Pat Sajak (our "Wheel of Fortune" host,) opened the envelope he landed on, he started laughing and he won that much money.

After all, he didn't know what backsplash was!

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 10:31 am

larsenjw92286 wrote:
If you can closely see his reaction to winning $25,000 American, you know that he thought it was a joke when Pat Sajak (our "Wheel of Fortune" host,) opened the envelope he landed on, he started laughing and he won that much money.
After all, he didn't know what backsplash was!

well, people laugh when they are happy. my reaction to winning such money would be much smaller, i would have a smile on face, though...
and i've never seen a backsplash in my life, but i am from europe so it doesn't count :)

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 11:13 am

If you're in your kitchen, you should probably go get some wall covering for the area by your oven or stove to prevent spillage.

That's what backsplash is!

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 11:17 am

larsenjw92286 wrote:
If you're in your kitchen, you should probably go get some wall covering for the area by your oven or stove to prevent spillage.
That's what backsplash is!

hmm, i have no such thing :) i didn't need it though... well, we changed the topic of this discussion :)

IrishEyes
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 11:49 am

ON the topic of people who you think have AS, what do you think of Andrew Lloyd Webber having it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft-amiQnLt0

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 12:44 pm

I just wish more people would come out about it. Dan Akroid (SP?) and the Pokemon guy are the only two "big" people I know of with it, plus some univeristy professors and I guess some rock star I've never heard of.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 12:59 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
I just wish more people would come out about it. Dan Akroid (SP?) and the Pokemon guy are the only two "big" people I know of with it, plus some univeristy professors and I guess some rock star I've never heard of.

A COUPLE rock stars, and other music stars, and the guy that created bit torrent

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10099449/site/newsweek/

And one record holder for PI!

http://www.rocktownweekly.com/archive_d ... &type=book

Steve

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 1:39 pm

Thanks! I forgot about the Bit Torrent guy. I still wish more people would come forward about it!

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 1:59 pm

I think he seems a bit AS, looks rather awkward, voice a bit monotone.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2007, 6:24 pm

Does anything spill in your kitchen?

actorkid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Feb 2009, 8:39 pm

I just came across this, but am interested in the discussion, as I am the person in the video.

I am curious how such an assumption can be made based on just a minute or two of observation. I know a couple people with Asperger's, and their symptoms are fairly overt. Still, this posting troubled me and caused me to look further into the symptoms of Asperger's to see if I fit any of them. Although I could make some connections to a few of them, there was no "silver bullet." However, I do have Tourette's Syndrome, and I did see that some neuro-anxiety disorders could be linked. And with Tourette's, there are varying levels of severity, me being toward the minor end of the spectrum.

I'd be interested in discussing this further, and will bring up any of your feedback with my neurologist at Harvard, where I am currently a student. Their program is quite reputable, and I'm curious to see what they have to say.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2009, 11:47 pm

If I won that much money, I wouldn't know what to do, I think I would nod my head up and down and try to make a smile. Ofcourse on the inside I'd be excited, just not on the outside. If it were just at a gas station or something and I won the Power Ball for example, I would probably say "Ok" to the cashier and then quickly walk out thinking about how to actually access the money, how much I will loose from taxes, etc.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2009, 12:23 am

Too bad Jason got banned :(

26 Feb 2009, 12:47 am

Who's Jason? :?