Page 3 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

05 Mar 2009, 1:03 am

I used to kiss my favorite characters on TV
I wanted my dad to rub me down there when I was 8
I used to tell my brothers to smell me down there when I was 6
I always had to my my barbie dolls to bed and put jamese on them before I went to bed
I had to take my Babie dolls with me whenever we leave the house
I picked my nose (still do)
Obsessed with bathroom stuff, I used to pretend my Barbie dolls were going to the bathroom
Played abuse games with my first two Barbie dolls I had

17seconds
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Mar 2009, 1:20 am

1. developed an affinity for kissing my cats' noses (and a never-acted-upon desire to bite their noses off)
2. i was obsessed with the super market, particularly, king soopers. i would organize a whole room (or tent, if we were camping) to be the store and i would go back and forth between rooms "shopping".
3. at one point, i think i must have licked our couch or something, because i have this horrible phobia of fabric touching my tongue now. it must have been traumatic because i apparently blocked it out.
4. i wrote in this annoying handwriting with all these curly-cues on every letter. i would obsess over making them pretty and now i can see that they were pretty much just illegible.

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2009, 1:46 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:

Ummm. Any chance that you had been abused before age 6? Obviously such things are fairly normal for a child who had been abused. For any child who has not been abused this sort of thing would be unusual.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 2:03 am

Bear in mind not only am I Autistic, I have ADHD...so yes, I'm hyperactive. I used to run all over the apartment, run all around my room even. I used to shake my hands a lot( which I actually got from my mom; I got a lot of weird quirks from my mom).

A few things I did a lot--and something I'm going to tell my girlfriend and her mom about--going ANYWHERE, I used to run all around everything, then dash up to the main adults in the area, and tell them everything about myself. Then I'd run around again, remember something else, and tell them more. I kid you not.

I also used to go up to ANYBODY, and say, "Hi, my name's Russell...FRIENDS?" and hold out my hand for them to shake. As hard as it may be to believe, most of them did not continue the friendship after shaking my hand. :roll: :lol:

Many times I'd even run around in circles...like a dog chasing his tail, or something like that.

I also tried drawing x-rated pictures....didn't work so well; PARTIALLY cause I'm a lousy artist. :lol:

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 2:06 am

MmeLePen wrote:
BPalmer wrote:
Let me count the ways...

Near the end of grade four - my last year at that particular school - telling other kids the grassed courtyard was going to be converted into a tarpit the following year, purely out of my imagination.

Heh, heh - I was the kid who told everyone Santa didn't exist. I really traumatized a few of them. For that, I feel kind of bad. So, I let my daughter believe in Santa Claus.

I was the guy who told everyone Santa didn't exist...and no, I will NOT tell my kids that some bearded schmuck comes down your chimney to give you presents. All's I have to say is "your mom and I do"

05 Mar 2009, 2:19 am

Nephesh wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

Ummm. Any chance that you had been abused before age 6? Obviously such things are fairly normal for a child who had been abused. For any child who has not been abused this sort of thing would be unusual.

Not really.

BPalmer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 4:45 am

pensieve wrote:
I would sing during school lunch break. I remember an older boy asking why I was singing.

In grade four, I was in the school choir. One of the songs in our repertoire was "The Candy Man" - I thoroughly adored that song. In fact, I would ride up and down our street singing "The Candy Man" at the top of my voice. At age eight or so! (My sincerest apologies to anyone who happened to live in Mellsop Ave, Waiuku, New Zealand in 1982.)

Sladkopiewchiewitz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Mar 2009, 5:43 am

At age 4-5 I used to try to punch random men in the groin because I saw kids do that on funniest home videos and thought it was very funny. I was so out of control when I was little my mum bought a harness for me so she could control me. I have always been interested in science and have always wanted my own Island Fortress from which to rule the world.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 5:56 am

i used to make car engine sounds as i walked. i made it as realistic as i could. i would sometimes imagine myself as a large truck with many gears, and i would start to walk from a stationary position ever so slowly in first gear, and then change into second and then kind of oscillate with forward acceleration like prime movers do when they accelerate with a very heavy load.
i usually had about 8 gears in my stride.
when i came to hills, my vocal engine sound slowly decreased in pitch like a truck climbing a hill. my walking slowed ever so subtly to match the revs i was vocalizing ,and then i would select lower gears successively to make it over the hill.

other times i would walk super slowly and do a jet sound like i was in an airliner at 40,000 ft. i had to walk at a snails pace, because the view from a real airliner at 40000 ft passes very slowly.
my mother used to say "for god's sake hurry up!!" but i could not, as it would ruin my fantasy state. sometimes she just picked me up and carried me along. i was about 8 and i always screamed in a tantrum that she had ruined it.

i did the engine sounds up until i was about 13.

-----------
we had some rural properties when i was a kid. they were for going on holidays to, and they were well forested with areas of pastureland.
i used to like to go walking off into the bush by myself for hours, and find an area that had been in a bushfire some years before where there were trees that were killed by the fire, but did not fall down yet.
they were so easy to push over with only one finger. there were quite big ones (compared to me when i was 11) which had a trunk diameter of 6" (15cm) and i put my palm on them and pushed them down. i felt like a super powered person and i imagined many scenarios where i chose a suitable tree to use in the imagination.
i was always disappointed when there were no suitable trees left.
--------
when i was about 5-6, i utilized a spare room in the house to make a cockpit for an imaginary spacecraft that i flew. i had many typewriters all arranged on a curved desk around my 2 swivel seats like the buttons on a complex spacecraft cockpit console.
i had 4 TV's also arranged on the walls around me. on 3 of them, i incurred a test pattern, and on the other, i would have real TV shows on.
so i went to that room on saturdays and watched TV, but i played an imaginary game of piloting my spacecraft while watching my shows. i would very often make believe there was a potential problem with the stabilization units or something, and then tap away on the keys of the typewriters as if they were the correct buttons to push on the console of my spaceship to adjust thrust and orientation etc. (i did that during all the ads).
-------
in australia, there is a confection called "jelly babies"
i used to eat them.
but i made a drama out of it. i felt like a giant in size compared to the jelly babies.
i used to line them all up ready to be dealt with by be.
i imagined myself as a judge at their trials for whatever crimes i imagined that they committed.
i used to pick one up and demand that it explain it's recent charges. if they could not explain themselves properly, i bit off their head and then popped the rest of their body in my mouth.
most were found guilty. i used to shake my head and say "guilty!! !" and then eat them.

the ironic thing was (please this comment is not intended to incur rancour) that i hated the taste of the black jelly babies and so i always found them innocent.

green ones were mostly found innocent too unless i was still hungry.
but i never convicted a black one.

-----------------------

there are thousands of idiosyncrasies i had and i am too verbose to even start to map them.

so that is just 4 examples of "weird" things (in the impression of others that is) that i did as a child.

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

05 Mar 2009, 6:28 am

Special ed class they played Nelly the elephant and i had to make sure i was in the play house for the intro especially since it seemed to get louder and louder before the song began. I had to hide quickly from the sound because there was something terrible about being out when it was playing. When the song played i skipped around outside the house that was also compulsory.
I used to like making sounds for hours to calm myself like ssshhh sounds and to make it sound like the wind, also i made whisper cheering sounds for hours.
I must of drove everyone mad with singing the words Billy Buntings going hunting over and over again for hours as well.
Pillows got used for packing the insides of my clothes.
I used to mimic the cat and even tryed eatting cat treats then worried that the content ash may be deadly poisonous to human and i was going to die.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 8:48 am

Why did they ever take lambchop off tv, it was the perfect kids show.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 9:09 am

I used to talk to 2 of my dolls (I called them terea and kirsty) until the age of 10/11
when I was in infants school I had an obsession with people crying in films and if I played house with the kids someone had to pretend to cry (I know mad isn't it)
I used to reinact scenes from alice in wonderland
I used to take hours going the toilet because I just sat there talking to myself, and I oficially named the toilet my thinking space, I even did that in public toilets when I was very young.
I used to sing along to music in shops, really loud

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 9:14 am

MONKEY wrote:
I used to talk to 2 of my dolls (I called them terea and kirsty) until the age of 10/11

I did that till age 7, only I believed my stuffed animals were real, so I didn't think of it as pretend play...

When I mentioned howling like a wolf, I did that right up until the middle of grade 7.

Nephesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2009, 9:17 am

Padium wrote:
Why did they ever take lambchop off tv, it was the perfect kids show.

The fact that Shari Lewis died would be one reason. You can still buy her Lambchop & Friends video specials of Chanukah and Passover.

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2009, 10:34 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
MmeLePen wrote:
BPalmer wrote:
Let me count the ways...

Near the end of grade four - my last year at that particular school - telling other kids the grassed courtyard was going to be converted into a tarpit the following year, purely out of my imagination.

Heh, heh - I was the kid who told everyone Santa didn't exist. I really traumatized a few of them. For that, I feel kind of bad. So, I let my daughter believe in Santa Claus.

I was the guy who told everyone Santa didn't exist...and no, I will NOT tell my kids that some bearded schmuck comes down your chimney to give you presents. All's I have to say is "your mom and I do"

I LET her believe. I don't lie to her. My response is: I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of Santa Claus.

whipstitches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Mar 2009, 2:13 pm

Wow! There are so many weird things on here!! I feel rather normal among all of the examples.... not because they are weirder than my own.... just because I am not that shocked by most of them!! ! 8)

When I was a kid:

- melted crayons on any hot surface I could find (school radiators, floor heaters at home, hot pavement, etc.) I used to like to coat things in the wax, too... I liked art stuff a lot....crayons were just my favorite because I could smell them and touch them and MELT them!! !!

- used to create roads and cities using sticks and string... I would jam the sticks into the ground and the rope the string around the sticks to creat the layout (I also drew floor plans and road plans all the time)

- I was obsessive about other cultures and would insists on dressing and living like the culture that I was currently interested in. For example... I would insist on eating white rice with chopsticks out of a china dish while wearing a Shenyi robe that I had made from old fabric and rope.... used to make indian cloths from old rumpled brown paper bags sewn together with yarn and would build a tee-pee from old tree branches and blankets and then I would insist on living in the backyard for a few days...there were a lot more examples.... this was the major "special interest" for me....

- pretending to be a witch.... used to dress up like a witch and hang out in the creek in the back of my house waiting for people to try and cross to go over into the park.... I would then inform them that "none shall pass" and inform them of the consequences..... not a lot of friends when I was little..... 8O

- liked to sit in the water in the creek and let the sediments accumulate around my feet, hands, legs, arms, etc.... I would lay in the creek and study every little grain and how it moved with the currents....

As an adult.....

- I love crafts and spend a lot of time reading about crafting (more than I actually "do" any crafting).. I have a whole room dedicated to crafting and I have a small library of craft books...

- have studied urban planning at a university and am invoved with my local trail planning committee

- I am obsessed with different cultures and religions and spend a lot of time reading about cultural aspects of religion... particularly pagan religions.... sometimes I still like to dress like a witch for halloween and I like to collect jewelry and clothing from other cultures... don't always wear the stuff, however....

- hold a degree in geology with emphasis on sedimentology and hydrology!! Still love sand and water!! ! :wink:

Some things just never change......