Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:03 pm

hey, i'm back from my break from the internet.
i see my thread has been locked so i can't post anything there.
but i have PMed Ouinon & Blasty to let them know of the current situation.

& for the last time, i'm not scamming anyone.
but i am still having problems with the travel.
my GF tells me she got a message on myspace from some member on here threatening legal action. Frankly as much as i'd like to hold out hope that i might still have the opportunity to visit her soon and fulfill my end, idk when it might happen. & apparently some members on here are having difficulty with that fact and understandably so. Even i would prolly start flinging accusations if i were in their place considering how long it's been so far.
& so i'm here to officially say that if anyone wants their money back, then i will return it.it's just been nothing but trouible so far and though i did not ask for it, i am beginning tio regret accepting it in the first place.
i'm still going to try to save on my own though. I haven't given up on the trip. I still intend to try to go one way or another no matter how long it might take me.
& when i eventually do, perhaps i will post up here about it.

but at the moment i've got other problems.
like trying to convince the world i'm not a f&cking scammer.
because i'm sick and tired of all this drama. If people want their money back, they can have it back.
lately i haven't been on WP as much simply because i coudn't stand the feeling of being here.
guilty that i haven't been able to come through on my side of the deal yet. & just generally not able to face people here on a daily basis anymore. I just wanted to hide under a rock.
But i miss WP, & so now i'm trying to resolve this once and for all, i don't want people thinking badly of me and being angry with me. i'm tired of the criticism, accusations, and ridiculous speculation. My GF convinced me to come back on here. So here i am.

Btw me and the GF are celebrating 9 monthsw today.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:15 pm

Thank you for coming back and giving your side of things Sean.

I know some members are feeling irate about this issue and no doubt they will comment. I'm hoping this can be keep civil.

I was the one who contacted Adrienne if you must know. I had no other way of getting you to act on your behalf. I did not threaten action, but wanted to show how someone could pursue this legally if someone decided to bring it to that(and some do). I apologize for having to go about it like that to get your attention, but I feel the situation needs some sense of resolution as the attacks and accusations have been spreading around and I seek an end to it.

I am not asking for the money back. After speaking with Adrienne I feel a bit relived at this for now.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Mr_Sensitive
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2010, 8:20 pm

Zara wrote:

I know some members are feeling irate about this issue and no doubt they will comment. I'm hoping this can be keep civil.

I was the one who contacted Adrienne if you must know. I had no other way of getting you to act on your behalf. I did not threaten action, but wanted to show how someone could pursue this legally if someone decided to bring it to that(and some do). I apologize for having to go about it like that to get your attention, but I feel the situation needs some sense of resolution as the attacks and accusations have been spreading around and I seek an end to it.

I am not asking for the money back. After speaking with Adrienne I feel a bit relived at this for now.

wait, what? I didn't give you any money but I'll be glad to take some back if you want :)

Having no idea what you're talking about, there's at least one person on WP that doesn't consider you a 'fu&king scammer'

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

Seanmw---I am unaware of this situation. But I do recall somewhere some time ago about someone trying to raise money for a trip. I don't know if it was you, or someone else---too long ago. I took a break from WP from Feb. until Aug. so I am naive to this.

Anyway---what you have done here tonight (tonight here in the eastern U.S. as I read your post) is most admirable. Your post sounds sincere to me, and I hope those who feel wronged by you read your post. Honesty is always best. I wish you the best. And welcome back.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:27 pm

Zara wrote:

oh, what did she say back? curious :o

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:36 pm

Seanmw wrote:
Zara wrote:

oh, what did she say back? curious :o

She just told me how her mom won't allow your trip to see her at this time since she in still in chemo. She's aware of what's happening here and with the fundraising and asks that whatever money isn't used for the trip be returned. She would relay my message to you to come back to WP and try to clear things up.

I wished her well and thanked her for hearing me out. :)

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:39 pm

Mr_Sensitive wrote:
Zara wrote:

wait, what? I didn't give you any money but I'll be glad to take some back if you want :)

Having no idea what you're talking about, there's at least one person on WP that doesn't consider you a 'fu&king scammer'

Why'd you quote me on that? :duh:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:08 pm

You can keep my money. Buy something nice for your girlfriend. :)

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:38 pm

I'm violating my WP break for a moment to publicly thank you for coming back and letting us know what's up. You can hold on to my donation for when the trip is back on. :D

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:51 pm

Well I commend you for having the balls to come back here.

For one, I do think you have been slightly inconsiderate, but I do hope this mess sorts itsself out. You don't come cross as a bad guy but we honestly thought you'd taken the money and run.

If the saga is true then I hope your GF gets better soon, and I am looking forward to a closure here.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:59 pm

Well better late then never, my only beef with you was that you seemed to disappear with out a word, leaving members with
alot of unanswered questions, and of course what happens is everyone speculates on what happened to you and the money
they donated, I wished you had come back earlier because this issue has been causing a lot of turmoil for everyone. I won't
say sorry for what I said in the thread as it was sort of a forgone conclusion of the majority of members posting there that you
had absconded with the money, and silence is a good indicator of guilt. I am glad you came back to help clear things up.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 6:51 am

Thank you for coming back Sean. I for one am happy to see your post :)

alone
Toucan
Toucan

15 Sep 2010, 7:29 am

:oops:

Last edited by alone on 15 Sep 2010, 7:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

saintetienne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2010, 7:35 am

Seanmw wrote:
Btw me and the GF are celebrating 9 monthsw today.

that's awesome dude!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:40 am

If the day ever comes where I am diagnosed with cancer/BF diagnosed whatever, please don't take unwanted initiative and raise money for me thanks :P Looks like more trouble than it's worth.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:56 am

it is well that you returned. keep the money and go see her when you are able.