I am an "indigo child" (Try and prove me wrong!)

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

dusekbr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2009, 5:37 am

Hello everyone,

If you had an understanding of what it means to be an "indigo child" you would know that I do not mean to be rude, but rather efficient with my time.

I've come to realize a great irony manifested within the methodology of diagnosing our symptoms,traits,behaviors,genetics,classifying them in search of understanding and my difficulty with convincing others that I am a "indigo child."

I'm extremely talented when it comes to ignoring misinformation derived misunderstanding. I will ignore the bigots unless they ask me specific questions. I do not know all the answers nor do I possess knowledge of everything, but I will try to link you to scientific research and theories that I believe have merit.

I do not blame anyone for having misinformation because we've only recently reached a point where science is proving that "indigo children" are real.

If you don't believe in the Theory of Evolution then you might as well stop reading as my statements will only upset your emotions and being you do not understand your emotions your mind will subconsciously use the defense mechanism of denial. You are not away of this, but an fellow "indgo child" will understand this "theory of mind."

I bet you where wondering what is the irony? I saved this for point because I suspect it will push people over their breaking point.

Here is the irony..

The scientific understanding of our symptoms operates under the current methodology that when making new conclusions, we need to assume something and work on disproving it. Neurotically people are better at doing this than Aspie's. An "idigo child" can relate the two. Can't you see we need each other and there is a synergistic benefit!

I am a 23 year old male with blond hair and the "crystal" blue eyes. I estimate my IQ is in the 95th percentile and my EIQ is well above aveerage. My parents are clueless to whether my cognitive development was atypical, but estimate I reached a complete "indigo awareness" around 14 years of age.

I believe the following symptoms are caused by my improper diet and my lack of empathy to the planet as I believe it is with the rest of man kind.

I have just begun to refine my research into how my diet (food,herbs,etc) effects my senses which effect how I perceive the world and essentially everything about who I am and what I am.

I have the following symptoms I am trying to create scientific research to help relieve and essentially what I am going to try is a natural SSRI.

I have the following symptoms and I believe we can narrow these down to find correlation of other "idigo children." Why? So that we can find the genetic evidence to prove it.

Anxiety that varies by stimuli
Lack of Focus on "un-interesting things" aka relieving OCD and ADHD.
Migraine headaches
Restless leg syndrome

And maybe a little biological depression, but most of my adolescent depression was caused by my environment. I was misdiagnosed and placed on SSRI's which numbed my senses which changed my senses in a way that I could not understand them. This effect my cognitive ability as well as my emotional ability in an undesirable way.

I am in search of finding a diet that best suites myself because I believe it will best suite myself, the rest of the world, the animals, the plants, planet, and ultimately our universe (our future home that we need to adapt to survive in.)

I hypothesize human consciousness is infinite in duration and therefore everyone fed the correct diet will reach the stage of "indigo" actualization and it will be placed above Marlow's development of self-actualization. There are great tools to discovering ones inner self-indigoism and they greatly reward those who acquire the knowledge to use the tools.

After this is done I will help you pry your 3rd eye also known as the sixth sense open I will be able to further "boggle" your mind.

We need each other so please do not "label" "indigo children" under false preconceived notions that you may not be fully aware of. To be afraid of science is to be afraid of the truth and if the truth won't do, something is wrong!

Everyone on Earth is here for a reason; there is no wrong planet because what it is "right" and what is "wrong."

LifeOfTheSpectrum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2009, 5:54 am

Right is the majority, Wrong is the minority in the eys of Neurotypical People. That's the way it is, you are no indigo child as they don't exist.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 6:10 am

Indigo children aren't real, but it's a nice idea though who ever thought of it

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 6:18 am

dusekbr wrote:
...my difficulty with convincing others that I am a "indigo child."

...I will try to link you to scientific research and theories that I believe have merit.

I do not blame anyone for having misinformation because we've only recently reached a point where science is proving that "indigo children" are real...
Okay, I'll bite.

Quote your scientific proof or stfu.

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 6:23 am

dusekbr wrote:
Hello everyone,

If you had an understanding of what it means to be an "indigo child" ...

It means in the most cases that your parents lost their clear reasoning with some esoteric ideas.

http://skepdic.com/indigo.html

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2009, 6:34 am

I think it's just plain arrogant and egotistical to believe that you part of a higher stage of human evolution without any solid evidence. This isn't science, this is lunacy.

UnusualSuspect
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2009, 8:54 am

"Indigo children" is just another variation on worn-out New Age wackiness. I've read a great deal about this subject (from the self-declared indigoes themselves. After all, who else would bother to write about it?) and it's just the usual vaporous claims by people who have a strong need to feel that they are somehow superior.

As for the sniping about people who don't believe in the theory of evolution, if you actually know anything about the theory, or about biology or genetics, you would know that there's no support for indigo claims. If there is scientific support, show it. You have to do better than just claim a connection.

LadyMacbeth
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the girls toilets at Hogwarts, washing the blood off my hands.

28 Mar 2009, 9:13 am

Wow. You must be a hoot at parties.

:roll:

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 9:14 am

The criteria are too vague, and could roughly fit the majority of human beings, much like horoscopes. Unconventional people have been around since humans started recording history and most likely long before that. Next stage--no. It's not even a valid category. Recommend stopping with the mystical stuff and saying "I'm one of the unconventional people who come up with new ideas."

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2009, 9:57 am

dusekbr wrote:
I estimate my IQ is in the 95th percentile and my EIQ is well above aveerage.

Nice estimate. I like how you estimated the number of Es in average. You got it wrong, but hey, you keep at it! It's bound to work one of these days.

Nevertheless, congratulations dusekbr. You managed to place four letters correctly in your search for an apt label. Unfortunately for you, the N and the G should not be there at all. You see, if we remove those and add the letter T onto the end, we will produce something much more accurate. Indigo>Idigo>Idio>Idiot. I hope this new found enlightenment serves you well.

dusekbr wrote:
Can't you see we need each other

No, I really can't.

dusekbr wrote:
After this is done I will help you pry your 3rd eye also known as the sixth sense open I will be able to further "boggle" your mind.

I doubt that my mind will ever be as boggled as yours. I am truly in AWE and I wouldn't even attempt to challenge you there.

dusekbr wrote:
I took one the other day (while medicated on Cannabis like always)

Ah, this explains a lot. Lay off the wacky tobaccy, man.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 10:04 am

All that inspires me to question our purpose. Why are we here?

millie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 1:06 pm

I am deep blue - probably more pthalo than indigo :roll:

in all seriousness, this hippy chick i know keeps coming up to me and telling me my son is an INDIGO child.
hmmm?
He is in the gifted and talented program at his school. Yes. he is having accellerated education.
oh...and he has very blue yes

but Indigo?
Sounds a bit Midwitch Cuckoos crossed wtih Aryanism if you ask me.

some kind of evolutionary master race? :roll:

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 1:28 pm

millie wrote:
I am deep blue - probably more pthalo than indigo :roll:

in all seriousness, this hippy chick i know keeps coming up to me and telling me my son is an INDIGO child.
hmmm?
He is in the gifted and talented program at his school. Yes. he is having accellerated education.
oh...and he has very blue yes

In German "being blue" ("Blau sei") has quite different meaning than in English: It means to be drunk, really drunk!

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 1:50 pm

"Indigo Child" is a Hippy Aryan Supremacy thing. Your abilities have nothing to do with your skin and eye color. Others have had the same abilities as you for ages, regardless of looks.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 1:55 pm

Hold the phone...what exactly is an indigo child?! I'm confused.

y es como un semestre"

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:03 pm

White, subrban, carpet raised, with parents who give excuses not parenting.