Page 1 of 8 [ 116 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm

Who here hates thunderstorms? I hate them! There is one right now and I am scared to death!

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

I love them~

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2011, 10:56 pm

I'm a lover of thunderstorms, I get real excited watching them - out of the window of course, the louder the thunder the brighter the lightening the better! I find fork amazing, we usually just get sheet lightening here. Just remember your're safe inside, most likely.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 10:58 pm

It like 75 miles an hour!

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

I've always loved thunderstorms, even when I was very young.

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 11:08 pm

I like them; a lot. They make me feel grounded and relaxed. Probably that's because they're manifestations of nature that are hard to ignore, they adjust my perspective relative to reality; me small, nature BIG. They bust my grandiose notions; what relief.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 11:14 pm

We had one a few hours ago and I was driving.. I was scared... I hate 'em!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

OMG I wanna be wherever you are! I find thunder fascinating.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm

I've hated them since I was a young child! They actually use to make me throw up from nerves as a little girl! I use to scream, cry, and hold my ears while jumping up and down from being over stimulated or having a sensory overload! I've NEVER liked lightning ever in my entire life! I've always been absolutely terrified of it! Thunder bothers me too! I still hide in the closet when we get thunderstorms only if they're bad. I hide with my Billy Idol cd cover and listen to his music to calm me down. Sometimes I still cry in storms! But I'll admit that when they start forming it's very exciting when the sky gets dark!

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 11:36 pm

I love thunderstorms they are calming to me.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm

I've always been in awe of thunderstorms. When I hear that first rumble, I just about race to a window and wait for the next flash. Admittedly, I do get abit nervous when the lightning comes too close. I'm fascinated by all sorts of wild weather. Suppose that's the "geek" in me. It is somehow calming too.
As a footnote, I remember as a child thinking that thunder was caused by angels bowling :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Jul 2011, 11:46 pm

softlyspeaks41 wrote:
As a footnote, I remember as a child thinking that thunder was caused by angels bowling :D

That's really cute :D

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 12:53 am

MountainLaurel wrote:
I like them; a lot. They make me feel grounded and relaxed. Probably that's because they're manifestations of nature that are hard to ignore, they adjust my perspective relative to reality; me small, nature BIG. They bust my grandiose notions; what relief.

Yes! Large convective storms create some of the most majestic scenes nature can produce, even from a distance of many miles. It makes me sad that the majority of people don't appreciate the weather like I do. I can't stand being forced to stay indoors when there's a storm brewing. I NEED to see it, lest I miss the most perfect experience.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 12:57 am

What bugs me is lightening making the power go on and off and hail stones the size of golf balls denting my car. I just got my car out of the shop, it took about a month to fix from the last hail storm.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 1:11 am

I love thunderstorms. I don't know why. I've always thought lightning was awesome.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 1:14 am

I love the way lightening looks when I am driving around and see it flash from cloud to ground in front of me. It looks awesome!