How many people are tired of threads like this?

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 11:48 am

Quote:
Booo hooo I'm a whiny 37 year old virgin who doesn't know how to drive! I can't even make a 2.0 at school because I rock back and forth all day and stare at the flickering lights!! I don't even know how to cook a damn bowl of pasta!! !!
Feel sorry for me as I cry myself to sleep!! !

I am tired of posts like these on WP. They are downright pathetic!

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 11:52 am

In case anyone fails to understand, the post I made above is simply a satirical look at many of the self-proclaimed losers who do nothing to better themselves.

Last edited by timeisdead on 16 Mar 2009, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sebo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2009, 11:52 am

That person is just sick.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 11:53 am

Well that type of post is not quite as bad as the one's that start out with:
I'm a 20 year old guy who can't find a girl friend because I think I might have a mild case of Aspergers even though I have an IQ of 148 and am very good looking, very rich and socially popular here at college. What can I do to get a date.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2009, 11:54 am

Timeisead is quoting themself from another thread.

This is basically their idea of everyone who doesn't think AS is a superpower.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 11:56 am

DeanFoley wrote:

I don't think it's a superpower; it comes with strengths and weaknesses. I'm simply tired of the pathetic whining I hear 24/7.

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 11:57 am

Everyone is different, some people honestly do not know how to better themselves. My brain doesn't work exactly like yours, just like yours clearly doesn't work like whomever the example post is about.

Just because you and I function better than some does not mean that some truly do not have problems. I also admit I haven't seen such a thread, so I suppose there could be more to this story than I'm seeing here.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:01 pm

sbcmetroguy wrote:
Everyone is different, some people honestly do not know how to better themselves. My brain doesn't work exactly like yours, just like yours clearly doesn't work like whomever the example post is about.

Just because you and I function better than some does not mean that some truly do not have problems. I also admit I haven't seen such a thread, so I suppose there could be more to this story than I'm seeing here.

My post was simply a satirical representation of many posts I have seen on WP. I just don't want AS treated as if it were mental retardation.

DeanFoley
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2009, 12:02 pm

timeisdead wrote:
DeanFoley wrote:

I don't think it's a superpower; it comes with strengths and weaknesses. I'm simply tired of the pathetic whining I hear 24/7.

I honestly hear, on this site at least, much more ''We're super intelligent, those NT's are just evil primitives!'' much more than I hear ''Woe is me!''. In fact, I've never seen the latter(I think you're getting mixed up between believing AS is an impairment and believing it COMPLETELY stops you), but the former I've seen too many times to count.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:03 pm

Yes. I am tired of threads like THIS ONE. :roll:

Why can't we all just support eachother and try to be positive to people who are feeling down?

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2009, 12:05 pm

You don't need to attend to all those irritating posts, you know :D Let the ones who have the interest deal with it, simple as that :D

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:08 pm

I really enjoy being involved in irritating and controversial threads so if anybody sees any of them please notify me so I join in and can make everybody even more irritated than they already are.
The only thing better than a really heated and controversial thread is the Random Picture Thread.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2009, 12:17 pm

garyww wrote:
I really enjoy being involved in irritating and controversial threads so if anybody sees any of them please notify me so I join in and can make everybody even more irritated than they already are.
The only thing better than a really heated and controversial thread is the Random Picture Thread.

That's you Gary, you really like a good argue :D BTW, what is the random picture thread? Something I have missed?

Last edited by mosez on 16 Mar 2009, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:19 pm

How about:

Quote:
"If you don't believe as I do, then you're an idiot. You must believe, because everybody else does. You can't prove that I'm, wrong, so I must be right. Even if I was wrong, I could be right, so therefore I must actually be right. There are too many people who believe that I'm right for me to possibly be wrong. It's only natural. I'm right because being wrong wouldn't be right. No truly open-minded person would believe anything except what I believe. I don't care how much evidence you have, it's all wrong because I know it is. I rely on my feelings, and I feel right. You think too much, so you don't know anything..."

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:23 pm

Fnord that last quote was so good that I think I'll make a rubber stamp out of it and apply it to every argumentative thread I get involved with. Sure wish you would have posted it when that strange girlieman was stalking me.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2009, 12:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
How about:

Quote:
"If you don't believe as I do, then you're an idiot. You must believe, because everybody else does. You can't prove that I'm, wrong, so I must be right. Even if I was wrong, I could be right, so therefore I must actually be right. There are too many people who believe that I'm right for me to possibly be wrong. It's only natural. I'm right because being wrong wouldn't be right. No truly open-minded person would believe anything except what I believe. I don't care how much evidence you have, it's all wrong because I know it is. I rely on my feelings, and I feel right. You think too much, so you don't know anything..."

That surely looks irritating enough..hm good :D