How many people are tired of threads like this?

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2009, 12:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
How about:

Quote:
"If you don't believe as I do, then you're an idiot. You must believe, because everybody else does. You can't prove that I'm, wrong, so I must be right. Even if I was wrong, I could be right, so therefore I must actually be right. There are too many people who believe that I'm right for me to possibly be wrong. It's only natural. I'm right because being wrong wouldn't be right. No truly open-minded person would believe anything except what I believe. I don't care how much evidence you have, it's all wrong because I know it is. I rely on my feelings, and I feel right. You think too much, so you don't know anything..."

That surely looks irritating enough..hm good :D

sbcmetroguy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:48 pm

timeisdead wrote:
sbcmetroguy wrote:
Everyone is different, some people honestly do not know how to better themselves. My brain doesn't work exactly like yours, just like yours clearly doesn't work like whomever the example post is about.

Just because you and I function better than some does not mean that some truly do not have problems. I also admit I haven't seen such a thread, so I suppose there could be more to this story than I'm seeing here.

My post was simply a satirical representation of many posts I have seen on WP. I just don't want AS treated as if it were mental retardation.

Oh. Sorry, I rarely understand satire.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:51 pm

Fnord wrote:
How about:

Quote:
"If you don't believe as I do, then you're an idiot. You must believe, because everybody else does. You can't prove that I'm, wrong, so I must be right. Even if I was wrong, I could be right, so therefore I must actually be right. There are too many people who believe that I'm right for me to possibly be wrong. It's only natural. I'm right because being wrong wouldn't be right. No truly open-minded person would believe anything except what I believe. I don't care how much evidence you have, it's all wrong because I know it is. I rely on my feelings, and I feel right. You think too much, so you don't know anything..."

That is awesome...

Why? I'm the person you are quoting. I can tell this is the message some people have been trying to get across to me, and now I finally understand it because of the way you wrote it, and because it wasn't attacking me personally. Especially the part "You can't prove that I'm, wrong, so I must be right. Even if I was wrong, I could be right, so therefore I must actually be right." I do it sometimes here when in a debate, but I do it often with people like my husband, mother, sister, best friend. Then, I wonder why these relationships aren't as strong as they used to be.

But, what wasn't working was when I let everyone tell me how to live. That kept bringing me failure. That's what I keep arguing about with my loved ones. So it's one of those things where my way is right for me, but that doesn't make me right.

So I have to find my happy medium. Is the line between right and wrong as thin as the one between love and hate?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 12:58 pm

I get annoyed when people want advice but not just any old advice. They just want you to tell them what they want to hear.

NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2009, 12:59 pm

timeisdead wrote:
I am tired of posts like these on WP. They are downright pathetic!

And you are downright arrogant. This isn't the first time you've decided to point your finger at others and call them pathetic.

And let's look at what you wrote in reply to the questiion: "How do people treat you after they learn you are gifted?"

timeisdead wrote:
I don't have to tell them; people generally assume I'm very intelligent after conversing with them.

You gotta be shittin' me, because your intelligence certainly isn't coming across in your posts. Is that all your intelligence is capable of? Complaining about other people who you could quite easily ignore? I can't say I'm impressed.

A lot of people with AS have serious difficulty functioning in day to day life. It's not a stretch to assume that a forum full of us is going to produce some posts made by people with very low self esteem. If you really hate whiners that much (although you clearly love yourself :roll: ) then why are you here? If you are intelligent, motivated and strong, then why not go out and talk to some people face to face and live your happy and successful life? Oh wait, but you'd rather spend time here, whining about everybody else. Obviously you're no less pathetic than those you complain about.

What did you expect to achieve with this thread anyway? You're just letting out your thoughts and feelings, just like those 'patheitc people' are too. You're not helping, or changing anything. You're no better.

And if you are wondering how I can justify spending time complaining about YOU? That's because I AM pathetic, so suck it.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:00 pm

One of the ways I 'estimate' where another memeber is on the spectrum is by now much they are 'centered' within themselves. It is not a crime to be the center of the autistic universe, it is in fact the norm so when somebody appears to be a little to 'outreaching' and 'uncentered' I get very uncomfortable dealing with such an alien being.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:03 pm

NUTLOG wrote:
timeisdead wrote:
I am tired of posts like these on WP. They are downright pathetic!

And you are downright arrogant. This isn't the first time you've decided to point your finger at others and call them pathetic.

And let's look at what you wrote in reply to the questiion: "How do people treat you after they learn you are gifted?"

timeisdead wrote:
I don't have to tell them; people generally assume I'm very intelligent after conversing with them.

You gotta be shittin' me, because your intelligence certainly isn't coming across in your posts. Is that all your intelligence is capable of? Complaining about other people who you could quite easily ignore? I can't say I'm impressed.

A lot of people with AS have serious difficulty functioning in day to day life. It's not a stretch to assume that a forum full of us is going to produce some posts made by people with very low self esteem. If you really hate whiners that much (although you clearly love yourself :roll: ) then why are you here? If you are intelligent, motivated and strong, then why not go out and talk to some people face to face and live your happy and successful life? Oh wait, but you'd rather spend time here, whining about everybody else. Obviously you're no less pathetic than those you complain about.

What did you expect to achieve with this thread anyway? You're just letting out your thoughts and feelings, just like those 'patheitc people' are too. You're not helping, or changing anything. You're no better.

And if you are wondering how I can justify spending time complaining about YOU? That's because I AM pathetic, so suck it.

Da aaaaaamn . You really didn't have to break out that can of whoopass.

NUTLOG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2009, 1:06 pm

Tantybi wrote:

It was already past its sell by date. I didn't want it to go to waste, it was now or never.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:08 pm

Why can't we all just get along?
Maybe I need to PM DiabloDave or Whimsi-Cal or BellaDonna so they can provide some rationality to this thread about the various parts of the spectrum.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:12 pm

delete

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 16 Mar 2009, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:13 pm

You can't have your cake and eat it too. People get annoyed by posters who are too centered then they complain about them. They accuse us of feeling sorry for ourselves or not trying hard enough. They think the only way we can be happy is to be popular and worshipped by others. They don't realize that some of us are just as happy complaining as they think they would feel being popular.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 16 Mar 2009, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2009, 1:14 pm

garyww wrote:
One of the ways I 'estimate' where another memeber is on the spectrum is by now much they are 'centered' within themselves. It is not a crime to be the center of the autistic universe, it is in fact the norm so when somebody appears to be a little to 'outreaching' and 'uncentered' I get very uncomfortable dealing with such an alien being.

Yeah, and remembering you said so in many posts, that "there are differences on the specter", bear that in mind, and just don't start judging people on a different end of the specter than yourself. I feel you sometimes do, but it might just be some misunderstanding.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:15 pm

NUTLOG wrote:
Tantybi wrote:

It was already past its sell by date. I didn't want it to go to waste, it was now or never.

Seriously, I wouldn't want to run into you in a dark thread late at night.

irishwhistle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:16 pm

NUTLOG wrote:
Tantybi wrote:

:lol:

If we want to get into what we're sick of, I could go on for quite some time. I'm a grumpy character so I have such a list. I'm sick of ladies who insult you by complimenting you, or various old folks who let the phrase "respect your elders" equal "old people have right of way in all things", or how about people who do the same crap over and over (stuff they could actually fix, like being late all the time) and say a quick sorry and act like you're the jerk for being mad, or there's the ones (usually young) who say any stupid thing that comes into their heads and then add, "You're not mad at me, are you?" Shoot, I used to say any stupid thing that I thought of but that's because I was totally oblivious. And a snot. I could understand oblivious youthful stupidity, but not this obsession with having everyone "not be mad" at you. I should have told the last one, "If you're so afraid of making people mad, shut up."

Of course, a lot of people are sick of me, too, for some reason. :wink:

The world loves diversity... as long as it's pretty, makes them look smart and doesn't put them out in any way.

There's the road, and the road less traveled, and then there's MY road.

Tantybi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:17 pm

garyww wrote:
Why can't we all just get along?
Maybe I need to PM DiabloDave or Whimsi-Cal or BellaDonna so they can provide some rationality to this thread about the various parts of the spectrum.

Are you being quasi-facetious?

Seriously now. Since this is a thread about whining. How is the wine there in Napa?

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 1:18 pm

Mosez I am on both ends of the spectrum at the same time so sometimes I seem to be confusing to people and it sometimes very hard for me to explain things or make myself clear since I think people already know things I want to say so I leave a lot out of my posts by mistake.