Obsessive interests..... this is interesting!! !

Page 3 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Almandite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2009, 4:39 pm

Currently I am obsessed with Special Education and different theories of Autism. My currently dormant, but occasionally springing up intently for a day or two, obsessions are politics, the financial crisis, and evolution.

I have a whole bookshelf devoted to history and the social sciences.

Monsoon77
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Mar 2009, 6:07 am

History, World War 2, Football, Sci-Fi, Space, Cryptozoology, Video Games, Food (cooking), Movies

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2009, 6:55 am

I get more caught up with imaginary worlds and characters thn factual topics tbh. I used to go to school imagining I was someone else going to another school and get quite annoyed by the fact that teachers always called me by my name and not that character's. I used to spend hours, even in my teens, drawing pictures of the characters, and working out their families and friends and favourite colours so I knew almost as much about them as I did about myself. The days I have been introduced to the world of roleplaying, so it actually feels like a fairly normal thing to be doing. :)
I've also been a bit obsessive about different pets - I have a large collection of different pet care books, some music, some books, and chemistry as well.

racemare
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Mar 2009, 4:24 pm

Horses in general. Thoroughbred horse racing specifically.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 6:28 am

past ones from my childhood:

pokemon, the color pink, barbie dolls, spice girls, making beaded jewelry, video games

current:

psychology, human sexuality, sociology, nutrition, philosophy, consumer culture, sewing, artmaking and critiquing, musicals, clothing & costumes, pretty much any era in history (espescially the victorian and edwardian eras, and any decade in the 20th century)

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 6:44 am

currently obsessed with video games, in an unhealthy way..
less "damaging" but just as intense interests are music, especially the blues & movies.. almost all movies.
i have a periodic interest in mythology, especially buddhist deities at the moment.. hence Fudo.
there are & were others but they're on a "break"
fudo

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 7:40 am

Past interests:

Spice Girls, Oasis, Playmobil, prehospital care and casualty departments, Waluigi, Pokemon, Digimon, rocks, Fimo, my local radio station...

Current:

Lazytown, Magnus Scheving, Iceland, geography of the Arctic Circle, the 1970s, pocketwatches, spatterdashes, aerobic gymnastics (Maggi's discipline, lots of Sportacus-style moves), old footie kits (60s. 70s), A Clockwork Orange, Monty Python, The Beatles.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 7:57 am

Gnostic/ early Christianity
Kabbalah/Zohar
Quantum Theory
Serial Killers
Comparative Mythology
Autism
Bush bashing/Rove raving (ranting)
Neurology

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 8:46 am

At the moment it is religion and why people believe crazy things. I am a scientific pantheist or one who rejects a belief in supernatural deities and just believes the only god of any credibility is one that is synonymous with the physical universe and has no independent sentiency on its own.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 8:47 am

I get too obsessive for my own good :(

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 8:51 am

I've always been obsessed with movies but at the moment for the last two weeks I've been non stop researching models for society.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 9:02 am

jamesp420 wrote:
My interests are History(of anything, everything), Psychology, Politics, Economics, the English language and it's roots(in case anyone wonder's why my grammar and spelling are nearly perfect), Marijuana(it's laws and public perception), Religion/Mythology, and music(mainly rock and it's history).
Can't stress that 'nearly' enough. The correct words would be; its, wonders, its and its in that order. You don't seem to see that it's is actually a shorter version of saying 'it is'.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 9:03 am

ursaminor wrote:
jamesp420 wrote:
My interests are History(of anything, everything), Psychology, Politics, Economics, the English language and it's roots(in case anyone wonder's why my grammar and spelling are nearly perfect), Marijuana(it's laws and public perception), Religion/Mythology, and music(mainly rock and it's history).
Can't stress that 'nearly' enough. The correct words would be; its, wonders, its and its in that order. You don't seem to see that it's is actually a shorter version of saying 'it is'.

Grammar Nazi :P

My personal pet peeve is when people say "could of" instead of "could have".

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:14 am

Lemme see here . . . (keeping it organized so i can remember)

Elementary School years (age 5 - 11, 1996 - 1992): Robots (in general, like from Robotech), GI Joes, TMNT (and had select toys present when watching said shows), Star Trek: TNG., computer games (father was in early programming, so was always a computer in my home. What can i say, was fortunate enough to start early :D ).

Middle School years (age 11 - 14, 1992 - 1995): Battletech (Mech info, stats, making my own, you name it), Exo-Squad, Star Trek: TNG (best Star Trek series ever imo), Battletech novels (got interested in reading late in life).

High School years (age 14 - 18, 1995 - 1999): Battletech (kept up with it, even though only played against brothers), Magic: The Gathering (started around Mirage, 5th, and Tempest, for those who know the game), Isaac Asimov novels (loved Foundation series and the Robot mysteries), Star Wars novels.

College and later (age 18 - current, 1999 - 2010): Maintained a few of the older obsessions, AvP/Aliens/Predator novels (quick reads but enjoyable), random anime, gundam and zoids models (during college to pass time), random science/physics concepts (rail/coilguns and some others), and some other sci-fi/fantasy oriented concepts/entertainment.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:23 am

Boys, nudity, Indians, tribes, male beauty

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:53 am

Age 5 - 7: Balto (animated movie), Land Before Time, wolves, dinosaurs

Age 8 - 10: Balto, The Lion King, Pokemon, Digimon

Age 11 - 12: Balto, Hamtaro