Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2009, 9:06 pm

ie you have a very hard time doing it.

I don't seem to though I'm not AS
I don't think I do though my mom has said before that I can't lie but perhaps thats just because some parents see their child as doing no wrong
although that's been disproven quite a bit recently
perhaps that was true sometime in the past

there was an incident way back in elem school to name one.

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:12 pm

I don't lie. However, my two AS friends from NC lied to me for a year that I had a great voice so I would sing karaoke with them. I was making a total embarassment of myself, and no one would tell me until my AS BF did. He was honest.

Beyond that, the only time I've seen an aspie lie was to cover up a drug addiction. The only time I lied in the past was as a teen, to cover up drug use.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

hester386
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2009, 9:14 pm

I do have a really hard time lying. I just like being honest with people for whatever reason. The times in my life when I have tried to lie, people instantly recognized I was lying. So it seems I just suck at it.

Last edited by hester386 on 26 Mar 2009, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tragedyanne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2009, 9:15 pm

Yeah, I'm way too honest even in situations where it would benefit me greatly to lie or to keep something to myself. A good example of this is when I was in a serious relationship when I was 18, I started having only minor feelings for someone else, and I told my very jealous boyfriend about them pretty much immediately, causing much unnecessary stress in an otherwise good relationship, before I was even certain about my feelings for this other person.

I can lie, but it doesn't come naturally, I have to actually consciously flip on a certain part of my brain to even consider it as an option.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:18 pm

I find lying easier than telling the truth. Sometimes I do it for no reason, like just outta habit.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:20 pm

i thought i could lie, cus i used to lie about my homework all the time.
i remember my mother saying "you cant look me in the eyes, and lie" and i thought "really?"

later in life, i have discovered that lies are indeed hard to pull off. i was cought smoking weed at some school, and i stuttered like an idiot. it depends on the situation tho.
ive been interrogated by cops, same reason, but i never had to LIE, just bend truths and play dumb. i had allready been cought red-handed (or rather, red-eyed, hahaha)

the school situation was a lot worse, cus it was about being sent home to my parents. lying was horrible, i stuttered and sweatted, and my whole head was a blinking red light "LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!" :(

in daily life, i prefer truths tho. all the way. theyre easyer to tell, and easyer to take.

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:25 pm

The mere idea of causing someone's beliefs in the world to be wrong seems such a funny thing to me, that when I try to lie I cannot help but laugh at it.

It used to be that I couldn't even tell the mildest of untruths without being overwhelmed by the humour. Now, I'm better at lying because I've practised. I still don't tell lies that are beyond those that put people's minds at ease such as, "Yes mum, I have eaten tea. What? Yes, sausages. They were nice."

You know what I have no problem with, though? Misleading answers that, whilst literally true, cause people to believe something that isn't quite factual.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:30 pm

a guy (a friend of a friend really) i know, used to lie about gestures, like, he'd call this friend of mine, and go "hey, come over, i got you something. youll see! its great!"

when he got there, all he got was "i lied :)"

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:37 pm

McTell wrote:
You know what I have no problem with, though? Misleading answers that, whilst literally true, cause people to believe something that isn't quite factual.
Hahaha I love selectively telling the truth. I always felt like a lawyer when I told em.

26 Mar 2009, 9:46 pm

I feel bad for lying so I prefer to tell the truth. I only find it easy to lie if I am embarrassed. It just comes natural then.

Anyone else finding lying natural when you are embarrassed so you find it hard to tell the truth? You give out your answer anyway by not answering the question. If it was a "no" you'd say so, so it makes it a obvious "yes" when you don't answer.

mirna
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2009, 9:56 pm

hester386 wrote:
I do have a really hard time lying. I just like being honest with people for whatever reason. The times in my life when I have tried to lie, people instantly recognized I was lying. So it seems I just suck at it.

same with me, they always recognize my lies, like when I pretend I was dead, they knew I didn't die.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 10:02 pm

I am a little of both. When it comes to serious matters, I can be very blunt and pretty much tell it how it is, or I don't say anything at all. When it comes to doing the right thing in a situation, I try to be as honest as I can. On the other hand, I do love joking around and telling fibs alot though...I think i've gotten pretty good at it. :D

millie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 10:11 pm

i cannot lie. i am just transparent.

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2009, 10:24 pm

I can't lie. I do "sarcasm" instead... Seriously, I'm the most honest person you'll ever meet.

I don't feel bad, though; I just can't do it.

Rebecca_L
Toucan
Toucan

26 Mar 2009, 10:34 pm

I hate lies and lying unless I'm joking. I can tell whoppers with a totally straight face if I know I'm going to tell you the truth three seconds later and laugh about it. Otherwise, it's the truth. The funny thing is that I was absolutely honest with my children growing up -- they always knew I'd answer their questions and they knew I'd tell them the truth. Boy did I get into trouble with the rest of my family when I told my children the truth about Santa! (But they ASKED me and I just couldn't see lying to them. It's not like Santa stopped giving them presents afterwards...)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 11:24 pm

I hardly ever lie about serious things. All the times I've gotten in trouble I opted to face the music right away rather than deny wrong doing. I do lie sometimes but it's often random white lies that nobody would ever suspect. I'm not quite sure why I do it.