I am an "indigo child" (Try and prove me wrong!)

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:03 pm

White, subrban, carpet raised, with parents who give excuses not parenting.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:05 pm

Yep, basically spoiled children.

And no, I'm not going to try and prove something doesn't exist. But it would be very amusing for the OP to try and prove "indigo children" do exist as something other than an attempt for ex-hippies to try and make their kids look like something unique and special without having actually accomplished anything.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:08 pm

dusekbr wrote:
Hello everyone,

If you had an understanding of what it means to be an "indigo child" you would know that I do not mean to be rude, but rather efficient with my time.

When you make a claim, particularly one that is out of the ordinary, the onus of proof is on you. It is very wonky to challenge others to prove you are wrong.

Do you think you are an Indigo Child? If so, proceed to present evidence that you are gifted in a way not generally shared by other humans.

ruveyn

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:12 pm

It means your parents were of the blue jean class.

Like calling a house trailer a Mobile Home.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:20 pm

Quote:
Dussel wrote:
millie wrote:
I am deep blue - probably more pthalo than indigo :roll:

in all seriousness, this hippy chick i know keeps coming up to me and telling me my son is an INDIGO child.
hmmm?
He is in the gifted and talented program at his school. Yes. he is having accellerated education.
oh...and he has very blue yes

In German "being blue" ("Blau sei") has quite different meaning than in English: It means to be drunk, really drunk![/quote
]

hi dussell...well that would have described me quite aptly many years ago!!
"blau sei" - i shall remember that. thank you.

dusekbr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2009, 2:31 pm

Callista wrote:
The criteria are too vague, and could roughly fit the majority of human beings, much like horoscopes. Unconventional people have been around since humans started recording history and most likely long before that. Next stage--no. It's not even a valid category. Recommend stopping with the mystical stuff and saying "I'm one of the unconventional people who come up with new ideas."

I agree, but I think we can narrow down the criteria.. There really isn't much of a criteria currently. I hypothesize that no "indigo" children aren't autistic and the criteria will direct them to their proper place.

As far as I know there is no criteria. The bleeding edge research suggests we may possibly have 2 extra chromosomes or have a more "activated" DNA.

Do the majority of human beings experience synthetically? Ie.. seeing sound, feeling mechanical motion?
Do the majority of people have AS? (.26 in 1000 people have AS according to wiki)
How many of the 1 in 3800 people have HFA?
How many function perfectly well in society?
How many have "indigo genes" - a very small number.

I don't need bother convincing people of what I am when science is getting closer to proving a biological difference which can only be denied by the uneducated opinions.

LifeOfTheSpectrum wrote:
Right is the majority, Wrong is the minority in the eys of Neurotypical People. That's the way it is, you are no indigo child as they don't exist.

Right is not the majority nor is wrong the monitory. You are incorrect.

Dussel wrote:
dusekbr wrote:
Hello everyone,

If you had an understanding of what it means to be an "indigo child" ...

It means in the most cases that your parents lost their clear reasoning with some esoteric ideas.

http://skepdic.com/indigo.html

My parents don't know what "indigo means" as they don't even understand what Autism really even is.

So, how is there any interaction in my parent's esoteric ideas?

Hala wrote:
I think it's just plain arrogant and egotistical to believe that you part of a higher stage of human evolution without any solid evidence. This isn't science, this is lunacy.

It's science.

Mudboy wrote:
"Indigo Child" is a Hippy Aryan Supremacy thing. Your abilities have nothing to do with your skin and eye color. Others have had the same abilities as you for ages, regardless of looks.

Someone is prejudiced against hippies..

You are absolutely correct that my skin color, eye color, and hair color have nothing to do with my abilities.

The reason why the majority of "indigo children" have these traits is because we share a similar genetic make up.

Not all "indigos" have blue eyes, but the majority of especially females are blond/crystal blue eyes. And being AS occurs 10 times less in females, I think the phenotypes are at least worth considering as a criteria metric.

Others do not have my abilities and their abilities others have that I do not.

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
Hold the phone...what exactly is an indigo child?! I'm confused.

Google "Indigo Evolution" - A little bird told me you can torrent it from say, mininova.org

Inventor wrote:
White, subrban, carpet raised, with parents who give excuses not parenting.

I'm more self-aware then my parents.. there was no raised carpet as there was less parenting to begin with.
The student became the teacher when I "self-indogized."

Mage wrote:
Yep, basically spoiled children.

And no, I'm not going to try and prove something doesn't exist. But it would be very amusing for the OP to try and prove "indigo children" do exist as something other than an attempt for ex-hippies to try and make their kids look like something unique and special without having actually accomplished anything.

All you have to do is have an understanding of the science behind autism and correlate it with the great minds of our planet's present and past. Focus on the area of "sensory differences" and how they effect how everyone perceives the world. Study and believe in evolution.

The only reason why "hippies" tend to believe us is because they have used psychedelic drugs to experience synthesia for themselves. These plants expand your mind and are great teaching tools. If you think otherwise it is just because you are another brain washed member of Western Society.

ruveyn wrote:
dusekbr wrote:
Hello everyone,

If you had an understanding of what it means to be an "indigo child" you would know that I do not mean to be rude, but rather efficient with my time.

When you make a claim, particularly one that is out of the ordinary, the onus of proof is on you. It is very wonky to challenge others to prove you are wrong.

Do you think you are an Indigo Child? If so, proceed to present evidence that you are gifted in a way not generally shared by other humans.

ruveyn

Are you familiar with how the DSM is used? You are "labeled" until you disqualify for it. This is why you can be correlated with many other conditions, but not be "labeled" them because you disqualified for a specific criteria.

I present my "clues." I will only be certain when you are certain (when it is proven by my genetic makeup and fRMI of my brain.)

Everyone seems to have missed the part where I predicted your minds would all be "clogged with emotion."

Google "Indigo evolution" and do some research or don't bother replying again.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 2:54 pm

dusekbr wrote:
The student became the teacher when I "self-indogized."

You were eaten by a dog?

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2009, 3:04 pm

In what way are these delusions science? Surely science strives to find solutions and knowledge? I see no solutions in your theory and certainly not anything surrounding "indigo children" that is in any way solid enough to be called knowledge. It may be my tired state but to me what you're saying doesn't seem to express any clear point. Exactly how are these people superior to any other? I understand that there may be some kind of small biological difference between the people you mention and the 'norm' but I think you are very much jumping to rather conceited conclusions. Anything with the name "indigo children" sounds like a load of crap to me.

No offence intended, but you just sound like a very self-involved individual who is completely unable to accept the logic of our arguments. It seems very likely that you have spent your life being called brilliant by others and so have scoured the internet looking for something that will feed your hungry ego.

alba
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:08 pm

dusekbr,

Unlike others here I neither believe nor disbelieve in Indigo Children. Although at first blush, frankly it does look like a bunch of hooey. Nevertheless I still have an open mind and interested to know what you have to say about it. Really. And I promise no matter what you say, I won't pick up any stones to throw at you.

I only skim read the posts so far. There have been other threads on Indigo children and they end up being used as target practice by angry aspies.

More than a few at WP are angry and bitter and looking for a scapegoat. So when anyone initiates a topic the majority hate or violently disagree with, they are targeted for abuse-- "just barely abiding by the rules" abuse. So in general I try to avoid those threads because I hate to see anyone scapegoated. And I don't want to jump in and be a substitute scapegoat through advocating for the one already being pelted with stones. I hope you understand. Granted it could be worse. You could have started a thread about how overly sensitive people might be made worse by the contents of vaccines. You wouldn't even have gotten out of the gate with that one before the boulders started flying.

Is it too late to delete the thread? ....I thought not.

That's why I never start threads. I know I'd be tarred and feathered.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:08 pm

Smoke another one dusekbr, kind of sad and pathetic, did your mommy drop acid? :roll:

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:52 pm

Nah, believe me, acid isn't responsible for those kind of delusions. It springs from a deep-seated need to feel "special" or "unique".

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 3:53 pm

Mudboy wrote:
"Indigo Child" is a Hippy Aryan Supremacy thing. Your abilities have nothing to do with your skin and eye color. Others have had the same abilities as you for ages, regardless of looks.

dusekbr wrote:
Someone is prejudiced against hippies..
You are absolutely correct that my skin color, eye color, and hair color have nothing to do with my abilities.
The reason why is because we share a similar genetic make up.
Not all "indigos" have blue eyes, but the majority of especially females are blond/crystal blue eyes. And being AS occurs 10 times less in females, I think the phenotypes are at least worth considering as a criteria metric.
Actually most hippies are sweet people. I am prejudiced against supremacists of any race or religion, including Aryan Supremacists. If you were really enlightened, you would know that your Genotype/Phenotype is in the minority, not the majority, of people with your abilities. You need to do more research on your abilities, and less on Nietzsche's Nazi Übermensch bigotry.

LifeOfTheSpectrum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2009, 3:58 pm

dusekbr wrote:
LifeOfTheSpectrum wrote:
Right is the majority, Wrong is the minority in the eys of Neurotypical People. That's the way it is, you are no indigo child as they don't exist.

Right is not the majority nor is wrong the monitory. You are incorrect.

Uh... yes it is. Wrong and right are states of public opinion. If the minority thought murder was wrong it wouldn't be against the law.

And I thought us autistics were creatures of logic...

dusekbr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2009, 7:29 pm

Hala wrote:
In what way are these delusions science? Surely science strives to find solutions and knowledge? I see no solutions in your theory and certainly not anything surrounding "indigo children" that is in any way solid enough to be called knowledge. It may be my tired state but to me what you're saying doesn't seem to express any clear point. Exactly how are these people superior to any other? I understand that there may be some kind of small biological difference between the people you mention and the 'norm' but I think you are very much jumping to rather conceited conclusions. Anything with the name "indigo children" sounds like a load of crap to me.

No offence intended, but you just sound like a very self-involved individual who is completely unable to accept the logic of our arguments. It seems very likely that you have spent your life being called brilliant by others and so have scoured the internet looking for something that will feed your hungry ego.

Since you where rude to me I will be rude to as I believe in the "golden rule."

I bet you score very low on reading comprehension tests and/or are more dyslexic than hyperlexic.

I didn't say I was superior to anyone and on the contrary I believe I wrote that everyone is equal.

alba wrote:
dusekbr,

Unlike others here I neither believe nor disbelieve in Indigo Children. Although at first blush, frankly it does look like a bunch of hooey. Nevertheless I still have an open mind and interested to know what you have to say about it. Really. And I promise no matter what you say, I won't pick up any stones to throw at you.

I only skim read the posts so far. There have been other threads on Indigo children and they end up being used as target practice by angry aspies.

More than a few at WP are angry and bitter and looking for a scapegoat. So when anyone initiates a topic the majority hate or violently disagree with, they are targeted for abuse-- "just barely abiding by the rules" abuse. So in general I try to avoid those threads because I hate to see anyone scapegoated. And I don't want to jump in and be a substitute scapegoat through advocating for the one already being pelted with stones. I hope you understand. Granted it could be worse. You could have started a thread about how overly sensitive people might be made worse by the contents of vaccines. You wouldn't even have gotten out of the gate with that one before the boulders started flying.

Is it too late to delete the thread? ....I thought not.

That's why I never start threads. I know I'd be tarred and feathered.

Thank god, one open minded. We can get into a discussion later.. I'm too distracted by all the bad vibes from the uneducated.

silentbob15 wrote:
Smoke another one dusekbr, kind of sad and pathetic, did your mommy drop acid? :roll:

What exactly would smoking another one do to me? You can't even write a in complete sentences homie.

Mage wrote:
Nah, believe me, acid isn't responsible for those kind of delusions. It springs from a deep-seated need to feel "special" or "unique".

Only to those stuck in the "self-actualization" phase.

Mudboy wrote:
Mudboy wrote:
"Indigo Child" is a Hippy Aryan Supremacy thing.

No it's not. You are a genuine "conspiracy nut."

Uh... yes it is. Wrong and right are states of public opinion. If the minority thought murder was wrong it wouldn't be against the law.

And I thought us autistics were creatures of logic...[/quote]

Yay, two logical and open minded people in the same thread (three including me.)

[b]

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 7:39 pm

What is the worth of this 'indigo' nature of yours, assuming that it exists? I do not understand what it is. I have done some reading, and it all seemed to be in fine words designed to bamboozle.

You say it is scientific. What is scientific about it? Is it provable? Falsifiable? Which scientists proposed it?

dusekbr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2009, 7:44 pm

There are correlations with "indogism", ADD/ADHD, and Asperger's...

The rest of the science is complex genetics.

I'm far from attempting to say I'm better than anyone, but I am only seeking to "get even" because I have been oppressed.