Green Tea, Go On You Know You Want To

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

eromi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2006, 6:08 pm

Has anyone tried drinking green tea to help with anxiety, if they have it. (that is anxiety or green tea). Apparently, green tea is a wonder drink, for a whole array of difficulties. Even if you don't have difficulties it is a really nice drink. It helps with the prevention of all sorts of illness. Very powerful antioxidant. On the whole a top drink, what are you waiting for. Go buy and you don't need milk so if you find keeping a consistent supply of milk in the house difficult, (either loads or nothing) then this is the drink for you.

Eromi

Neuroman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 6:22 pm

I have been drinking green tea since childhood. recently i have been drinking more white tea which is actually just a lighter green tea.
delicious.
I don't put milk in black tea either. I like mine with a kick.

if you are going through hell, keep going.
Winston Churchill

eromi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2006, 6:25 pm

Sorry Neuroman green tea is not just a lighter black tea, which I think is what you mean. green tea has not been fermented so that the antioxidants are higher and there is a lot less caffine.
Nice to know that you are enjoying it too.

eromi

hermit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2006, 6:25 pm

red tea for antiox, herbal for anxiety, and

black black black for the caffeine...

Can't take coffee so I make tea to curl your toes instead.

eromi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2006, 6:30 pm

hermit wrote:

NO NO NO, you've got it all wrong there are only three main types of tea. Green, Black and Oolong. Where are you getting you're information from. Leave the caffine alone. It is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Eromi

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 7:47 pm

Maybe when I get older I will start drinking green tea, but right now my family just doesn't buy it. We do however, have large amounts of coffee available... I like coffee. And I don't feel guilty about drinking it now that I am not a Mormon anymore.

hermit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2006, 7:52 pm

eromi wrote:
hermit wrote:

NO NO NO, you've got it all wrong there are only three main types of tea. Green, Black and Oolong. Where are you getting you're information from. Leave the caffine alone. It is BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Eromi

Sure, you got me. Red tea isn't tea, it's roobois, and has a lot, if not more, of the benefits of green tea. People call it red tea because you do tea-like things with it.

Caffeine= good, if you are me. ADD- it helps me think straight. Really.

Shoe
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2006, 8:31 pm

I started drinking green tea at work a while back. I'd fill up a big mug with it and sip all day, if I ran out I'd refill the mug with hot water, using the same tea bag over again.

I started having bad panic attacks in the afternoons, particularly towards the end of the week. I was seriously freaking out.

I cut out the tea and they went away. Perhaps a limited amount of tea wouldn't have this effect but I'm not anxious to try it again. I don't think it was the caffeine alone, since I've had the same levels of that before without this reaction. There's something else going on I don't understand.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 10:43 pm

Steve_Cory wrote:
Maybe when I get older I will start drinking green tea, but right now my family just doesn't buy it. We do however, have large amounts of coffee available... I like coffee. And I don't feel guilty about drinking it now that I am not a Mormon anymore.
Mormons don't drink coffee?

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2006, 10:52 pm

Nope.

Nor do they drink hot tea, smoke cigerettes or drink any type of alcohol. :cry:

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 12:22 am

I dont know if that stuff would work on me.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 1:22 am

I at night drink herbal even green teas. Not sure what it will do for Me but they do taste good at least.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 12:30 pm

eromi wrote:
Sorry Neuroman green tea is not just a lighter black tea, which I think is what you mean. green tea has not been fermented so that the antioxidants are higher and there is a lot less caffine.
Nice to know that you are enjoying it too.

eromi

Yes green tea is immature black tea leaves. White tea is even younger black tea leaves than green tea. They're all the same type of plant - although their maturity effects tastes and amount of caffiene and antioxidants are present. Younger leaves have less caffiene and more antioxidants. All tea leaves are fermented to some extent.

I drink green and white drink. Black tea, like coffee, is too acidic and wrecks my stomach pretty bad. I will only drink black tea iced, which dilutes it down. I rarely drink coffe, and never first thing in the morning. Sometimes green tea is too hard for mystomach in the morning. So I drink white tea in the morning, and green tea other times of the days. I don't put naything - sugar, milk or honey - in y tea. I'm a purist. If it doesn't taste good straight, I won't drink it.

I can't say it helps my anxiety if I'm already feeling anxious, but it does appear to help me feel better overall, so I cope with stress better.

pad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 12:37 pm

eromi wrote:
Has anyone tried drinking green tea to help with anxiety, if they have it. (that is anxiety or green tea). Apparently, green tea is a wonder drink, for a whole array of difficulties. Even if you don't have difficulties it is a really nice drink. It helps with the prevention of all sorts of illness. Very powerful antioxidant. On the whole a top drink, what are you waiting for. Go buy and you don't need milk so if you find keeping a consistent supply of milk in the house difficult, (either loads or nothing) then this is the drink for you.

Eromi

It is very relaxing and soothes your body. But I don't think It'll help my social problems... :(
I haven't drank green tea for quite some time now and you just made me want to buy some right now! :wink:

coded
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2006, 12:44 pm

I drink green tea off and on. I can't say it helps with anxiety, if anything it makes it worse and it seems not entirely compatible with my intestines. I still drink it but not every day.

I hate tea though (all of them). I don't know why anyone would like slight or funky flavored water. I would rather drink plain water.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2006, 12:45 pm

hermit wrote:
Caffeine= good, if you are me. ADD- it helps me think straight. Really.

Me too. Not only does it help with ADD, I also talk more, I'm more sociable/focused on *people*, and I don't get overloaded nearly as easily.