whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 1:11 pm

My newest Autism Awareness Month Video
(They disabled my damn soundtrack!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g81CV69VeIo[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

notbrianna
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Apr 2009, 1:50 pm

That was really good. I think that the lack of sound made your video even more powerful.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 2:01 pm

You can find another suitable song in the AudioSwap feature within YouTube. They have a whole database of diffrent kind of music

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2009, 2:01 pm

I thought it was good. I figure they're probably checking the sound ID tags for the Artists, and if it's in the WMG then they disabling the audio until it's approved by WMG, and if disapproved, permanently disabling it(or maybe taking your video down).
If you just edit the tags and change the artist and stuff, like, make a copy of the song, then it probably wouldn't be taken down.
I don't see them scanning every video to check if and of the background music suits any of the songs they'd have on a server full of all the music by WMG. Besides, Google wouldn't want to invest any money on such a database, they wouldn't get any use out of it except from the company that's being a complete a** hole to them, etc.
So, yeah, next time you upload a video with music in the background, either choose one which isn't in WMG(list here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warner_labels) or edit the tags.
I might be wrong, but I do doubt they'd do the other one. It'd be incredibly tedious and the uploading process would be longer, etc. It's just a stupid way to do it.
If someone knows else, please say :P(Not to spam up your thread or anything, if you object, please PM me, and then I can edit this post:P).
I did actually watch the video, btw. I thought it was good. Most Autistic people, from what I've seen, are a lot more happier than NT people, thus, we don't need pity, just support in certain things, and I'm sure NTs require support in things we excel in.
EMZ=]

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 5:01 pm

Thanks. I have no idea HOW they figure out what belongs to BMG. I had chosen Amazing Grace by Fourplay and there were no words, only music.

I'm glad you liked the video :)

Emor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2009, 5:21 pm

Weird, it doesn't even appear to be related with WMG, lol. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the correct thing though, lol.
EMZ=]

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2009, 9:33 pm

I love all your countless videos about autism and stuff. I don't want to be changed. Aspies rock!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 2:34 am

I love all of your videos. Keep up the good work. :O)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Apr 2009, 10:23 am

Very good video whitetiger. As you probably know, I too would not want to be cured of my autism because of the gifts it has given me. I have enjoyed my life with Asperger's even though my social life lacks. You had a slide about not using autism for making money. I experienced something last Sunday that I have been thinking about a lot. I am doing a music ministry on dulcimers. I played at two churches in southern Ohio. My ministry involves music and stories of hope and inspiration. At the first church ,with about 30 in attendance, I delivered the last of the stories---about myself---my own testimony. I mentioned my autism and how it was a gift to me. Everyone applauded after the story. They hadn't applauded after the other stories. So I felt like they were applauding for my being able to do this ministry and play music with autism. At the end of the church service, the minister had me play piano while they took up the love offering for me. Those 30 people gave me over 100 dollars. I now wonder if it would have been that much had I not mentioned autism. I worry about this because I don't want that to be considered something for bringing in more money. It is my testimony in life---God gave me autism which has given me the gift of music. I feel I have to use this testimony. I have worked hard in order to feel comfortable enough to even talk in front of these churches. God has helped me here.

At the second church, which was larger, I delivered bascially the same ministry with the stories. After my personal testimony, there was no applause (which was fine---I didn't expect applause at the first church). I did get applause after the musical selections---which is normal. After the service, the love offering was collected---again around 100 dollars. The envelope had "Wonderful!" on it. As I was packing up, a mother and her 11 year old son came up to me. The son was doing his own thing in roaming around the area. The mother said to me, "I want to know how you are able to do this ministry in playing music and speaking in front of us while my son who is also autistic cannot even speak?" Whoa---I didn't know what to say. I told her I had Asperger's which was not the classic type of autism her son had. She said she figured out I had Asperger's, but still, she wanted to know how I could do this. At first I felt like she resented me. The father wouldn't get close to me. The mother then began talking about insurance trouble they were having with her son. As my ministry is scripted from my feelings/emotions/etc. I had no response. I often have to script out stuff like this ahead of time. I emailed the minister later, and he told me that the church was "spellbound" by me. I always feel uncomfortable at being flattered, but I am glad they liked me. He said that the family with the autistic child had had rough and trying times---and the whole church knew about their challenges. So I still feel like I stepped into something I was not prepared for. Here I was doing well, and their son appeared to be so challenged. The minister told me that I may have offered hope to them. But I was never challenged like their son.

As for the love offering---I feel guilty. I will not spend it on myself. I have considered giving it to my church's mission team. But then I feel that the churches that gave me the money could have used that money for their own missions---not mine. A fellow worker of mine said I could donate my love offerings to the group he works with---the Gideons. I am just a bit mixed up right now---and I have rambled away from this thread's subject area---sorry. I just saw the money in that slide and it looks like the love offering spread out on the kitchen countertop. Did I unintentionally gain money the way this video said not to?

Thank you for reading,
glider18

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 10:29 am

It says the video's no longer available...

y es como un semestre"

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 10:35 am

I was able to get it just now. That's very strange!

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 10:36 am

I was able to get it just now. That's very strange!