Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

do you get bored with routine? (Aspies only please)
never 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
sometimes, slightly 36%  36%  [ 15 ]
sometimes, acutely 21%  21%  [ 9 ]
often, slightly 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
often, acutely 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 42

ImpulseGenerator
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Apr 2009, 10:06 pm

I've recently been diagnosed with Asperger's and I'm 20 years old.
It's really weird to look back at my life and see all the obvious things, of wich I thought they were how everyone experiences them.
I can get bored of routines when I notice a routine in it, but I do often vanish in a routine, of wich I think it is a 'normal' living pattern.
I need routines, but I can't hold on to the most important ones for me to live peacefully.
I must work trough the night, to make music, and do my homework, in this way I'm always tired at school. But it kind of relaxes me being tired at school.
During the day I have a hard time to focus on the day(or something like that..if there is another day then what you make of it... maybe the day I want it to be..), because I'm really busy in my head with other stuff, like what people think of me, or how to react to something.

Last edited by ImpulseGenerator on 15 Apr 2009, 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2009, 10:38 pm

Sometimes, like eating the same thing everyday, not eating at the same time everyday. I prefer set meals than just snacking or eating at different times each day.
I can stop a routine like watching a certain TV show on a certain day if I have to go out. Sometimes I really feel like having tea at the some time every night.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 12:02 am

I get bored when the routine is not chosen by me.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 3:48 am

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
I get bored when the routine is not chosen by me.

Me too I guess, though with me it might be more of a feeling that I'm being enslaved or controlled....but boredom does come into it. Other people's ideas of seting me to work are usually pretty lame.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 9:21 am

To be honest no as routine plays a big part in my life.