What is everybody like when their stressed?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Amicitia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2009, 11:32 am

I get weird and antisocial. Hide in closets; take long walks; stand on hills in the dark, making funny noises and hoping no one can hear me.

I also think obsessively, going over and over the situation, trying to work out how I'm going to get through it, or how I'm going to avoid getting into it again.

Then, if the problem is of the get-through-it kind, I go and deal with it productively.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2009, 5:29 pm

i cry and complain to my family alot.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 6:09 pm

When stressed, I can go one of 2 ways:

- I get high on my own adrenal hormones, and walk around feeling cranked up and druggy

- I get volatile, angry or shaky, cannot stand too much sensory input, and can't calm down even if I try.

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2009, 6:11 pm

I... do nothing, really.
I just get stressed out but I don't do anything, I just continue on my day and unstress myself.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 7:03 pm

I yell
become more irritable
hit myself
cut
become depressed
over eat
don't want to exercise
run away from home
don't want to go to school
can't focus
don't do homework
become withdrawn

Aspienoid
Raven
Raven

16 Apr 2009, 7:31 pm

A friend of mine at school doesn't understand that when she kicks my chair, pokes me, etc, that it really upsets me. She won't stop when I ask and I'm afraid it'll soon take a turn for the worse. I don't want to say anything that will ruin our friendship but I can't take it much longer.

Stress does not sit well with me, unfortunately.

"With one good trait there is usually the sacrifice of another."

16 Apr 2009, 7:48 pm

It varies for me. If it gets too much, watch out. I am screaming at everyone and throwing things. I don't handle stress well. I also fall into depression and I go "Ah screw this" and skip it. If I can't skip it, I can get abusive to people.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 8:18 pm

Depending on where the stressful situation takes place, I tend either to become withdrawn and mute or to begin pacing back and forth while sometimes muttering a few oaths about the cause of the stress.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2009, 9:26 pm

At school, I begin stimming like crazy and give everyone nervous smiles. Sometimes I break down and cry...
At home, I cut myself, hit myself, throw stuff around the house, cry, rip papers, curse out loud...

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

16 Apr 2009, 10:31 pm

i withdraw and usually keep to myself. also i might have an attitude but dont really mean it

animal
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2009, 2:27 am

I withdraw, to begin with. I go quiet (well, more quiet than usual), and can't concentrate on anything that is happening around me. This is dangerous as I can become lost or fall over things or run into things, which of course stresses me out more. My brain goes all fuzzy and I can't make decisions properly, so I just copy whatever the people I am with are doing. This usually makes me more stressed also.

Then I start getting irritable. I will get hyper sensitive and if anyone tries to talk to me or touch me I will snap at them or flinch away from them. I may start yelling at them at this point. This usually scares people off as it is so out of character for me to do this.

Then I basically have a tantrum. I cry and scream and bash my feet on the floor until they bleed, or sometimes I just curl up somewhere and go unresponsive.

Then I take a valium.

Luckily, I have learned to avoid stressful situations, so I don't often get to the yelling-at-people stage. Once I get irritable I am usually able to back away and lie down somewhere. Listening to the same piece of music over and over again also helps.

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

17 Apr 2009, 4:56 pm

Scream high pitched, or shout (usually only at mum when it's at home)
Cry uncontrollably
Bang walls/desks/tables/doors, usually only sturdy things cos I don't wanna break anything and get unto more trouble
Have smacked/banged head before
Eyes went all glazed once
Rock back and forth
Sit down with head bent towards knees
Heavy breathing
Violence towars things - asked to tear up driving test report when I failed (restrained myself), have ripped up or torn bad essays before
Go into a corner away from people and hidden (at school)
Make fists
Bite/scratch myself
Very rarely hit anyone else due to the upset it causes them and me later on, though may hit away anyone trying to touch me
Flap hands up and down
Reduced concentration - invisible wall means I am not capable of doing much, if anything which makes it worse cos I conciously know there is something I have to do (usually the trigger)
Struggle to make decisions usually, esp under pressure, but it makes it all worse
Give evils if I am willing to look up (not often)
Threaten to kill myself
Apologise (towards end when I'm coming back to reality)

AlMightyAl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2009, 5:08 pm

I don't do any of these sings...
I just kind of get pissed and argue with people... but thats it.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 7:43 pm

I've clasped my head, walked tensely, murmered about the things I hate, yelled, screamed, retched, slammed doors, and pretty much have done everything short of actually breaking something, and even that's only in the past two years.