Aspies, 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
normal kids 65%  65%  [ 33 ]
no one 27%  27%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 51

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2009, 10:04 am

Aside from the odd taunt because have red hair or look stoned becaus I stargaze, the only people who make fun of me are the other Aspies in my Aspie class. These kids say that my friends pity me and I have no hope of ever getting married. They say that the girl I'm dating is only toying with me, she is not serious. They think that I'm a poser, who's trying to be somethign that I'm not, like a skater/BMXer. They say I'm the furthest thing from it. Thye tell me to just get a life and try to fit it. They tell me to find a good book or video game and forget about the social world. They make fun of everything that I do. The teachers take their side and let them get away with it all, probably becuase they believe those bastards. i find this annoyign because the books say that Aspies relate to other Aspies more than to normal kids, but most of my friends are normal (only some of AS/PDD/HFA or ADHD and one wth mild DD) Most of my friends are skater/BMXers because I hang out with that crowd. Here's a pic of me and my girlfriend Paige Leikin. Tell me if we look for real and tell me if I look like a skater/BMXer
[img]IMG]http://i477[/img]

Katie_WPG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 10:17 am

It sounds like some people are a little jealous...

They try to bully you into giving up your social life, because they've already been defeated by the stereotypes about people with AS.

And the teacher is probably taking their side because he/she believes the same stereotypes about people with AS.

TobyZ
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2009, 10:36 am

If you relate so well to NT and have girlfriend...

What exactly are your Aspie symptoms?

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 11:00 am

silvskaterdude,

I doubt ANY aspie would talk like that! I never would. And they call YOU a poser? If THEY talk like that than technically, THEY are posers!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 11:00 am

I think I know where you are coming from although I have never encountered someone with the "Aspie" label in person. Odds are high that I have known Aspies without realizing it since it's not uncommon.
I've noticed this about people, they are more alike than different.
Aspie or no, they are still pretty much the same, just my observations. The differences are there but they are not glaringly obvious, from my personal experience. If they are glaringly obvious, chances are they were in a different class or school and not around me, so I'm not saying they don't exist, they just weren't in those around me.
Some people like to taunt others while other people don't. You are with ones who like to taunt but it doesn't mean everyone with AS does it, and it could be because of immaturity too. It could also be because these kids are used to being taunted themselves and since all throughout childhood your brain is being conditioned on a daily basis by what goes on around you, if you are being taunted everyday at school or at home or where ever, you get used to approaching the world in this way and you don't realize how annoying it is. In school I was taunted a lot but I did some too. I won't deny that I didn't do some in retaliation and sometimes might have done it automatically, for no reason because it became the "parrotlike" response in everyday conversation because I was so used to this way of interacting with others. I would say, it became ingrained in the subconsious, somewhat. For a while. I was able to change it once I got away from the taunters and matured some.
I was caught up in this for a while but after I left high school I got out of the habit because I realized it was stupid and caused me more grief so I learned to be quiet at times.
What happens is people who do the taunting keep the others neutral or quiet by doing it so it looks like more people are in on it than really are. Next time it happens pay close attention. Is it just one or two people saying stuff while everyone else stares and are quiet with bouts of nervous laughter now and again. It means the ones who aren't joining in are keeping the peace. They won't say anything because they are unsure of what to say in the situation and they don't want to make it worse, so they stay quiet and giggle nervously now and then like they are paying attention but aren't really because chances are they wish the person saying stuff would just be quiet and stop so they can get thru the day without the drama.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 18 Apr 2009, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 11:03 am

I've really only known one person who was openly Asperger's and he was the nicest person I ever met. Such a gentemen. My parents and I used to know this one lady who had a LOT of Asperger's traits. Aside from her ocasionaly harssing me about how I should be intrested in other things aside from soley meerkats, she didn't give me any trouble about anything. So moslty, the ones who were responsible for the bullying were NT's. I don't know how old you are or what grade you are in but it sounds like you are either in middle school or high school. I don't know about other countries, but schools and even some workplaces in the United States now supposedly has strict policies against bullying. Perhaps you should get your parents or an adovate involved and speak to the principal or someone in power.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 12:22 pm

normal kids do.

18 Apr 2009, 12:58 pm

I've been bullied by a few aspies online. I was picked on by none aspies when I was a kid and some of them were also in special ed.

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 8:59 pm

I can say I'm guilty of doing it or thinking of it. I know my older sister bullies me too. It's kind of... normal to nitpick? Yeah.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 11:56 pm

silvskaterdude wrote:
Aside from the odd taunt because have red hair or look stoned becaus I stargaze, the only people who make fun of me are the other Aspies in my Aspie class. These kids say that my friends pity me and I have no hope of ever getting married. They say that the girl I'm dating is only toying with me, she is not serious. They think that I'm a poser, who's trying to be somethign that I'm not, like a skater/BMXer. They say I'm the furthest thing from it. Thye tell me to just get a life and try to fit it. They tell me to find a good book or video game and forget about the social world. They make fun of everything that I do. The teachers take their side and let them get away with it all, probably becuase they believe those bastards. i find this annoyign because the books say that Aspies relate to other Aspies more than to normal kids, but most of my friends are normal (only some of AS/PDD/HFA or ADHD and one wth mild DD) Most of my friends are skater/BMXers because I hang out with that crowd. Here's a pic of me and my girlfriend Paige Leikin. Tell me if we look for real and tell me if I look like a skater/BMXer
[img]IMG]http://i477[/img]

That's horrible. They are just jealous of you so will put you down. You don't need to prove to anyone that your relationship is real, as long as the two of you believe it.
I have not met another diagnosed aspie in real life.
I do get made fun of by NT's but I ignore them. I know it's hard to do if you are in a class with them, but try to ignore them.
Have you told your NT friends about them? Maybe they could help. The teacher needs to be reported too, for not stopping kids from bullying you.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 12:16 am

As far as I know, I saw no one at school with an ASD, except perhaps one other male student who was a year above me, but he was bullied.

It was normal people that bullied me; it was verbal, and in a way, that's worst than physical as I couldn't and can't respond to such. If I responded physically, it was always me who'd get in trouble as I couldn't explain myself. It wasn't actually specific bullies either; everyone joined in, including my sister on the bus and teachers in the class.

It made me hate humanity, and I don't know if I'll ever stop hating due to such.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 12:20 am

never met anyone else with aspergers.
when i was bullied it was normal kids that were bullying me.

animal
Toucan
Toucan

19 Apr 2009, 12:29 am

The normal people, they get me down. I didn't realise what was happening at the time, but I've always been bullied. I look back on it a few years later, and realise that people were always making fun of me and manipulating me and putting me down &c. But when it's actually happening I don't understand that they're being unfair or mean. I just think I'm stupid for getting upset by it, or that they're doing it for a good reason or something.

Moonshadow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2009, 1:14 am

No one bullied me, or at least, not very long. When I was in school, many would try, but would soon find its not worth doing. They either gave up, wound up looking like a fool themselves, or if I was in a rotten mood to begin with, received a painful and embarrassing punch to the face from who they thought was a weak, fat nerd. The more experienced bullies would watch a new bully with delight as he fails miserably to get under my skin, and not warn them at all. In sixth grade, one guy even went as far as slapping me in the face a few times, all the while receiving a blank stare till finally, while still showing the blank stare, I showed him what a right cut with a slightly raised middle finger knuckle felt like when it hit his jaw. I swear that guy got the jitters every time I gave him a blank stare for the rest of the school year.

I was mostly known as a generally quiet, calm, though strange guy who didn't care much for showing off or anything, but can deliver a painful message if my patience did run out with some idiot that did try them.

Some say that not knowing I had this condition when I was growing up might have helped me learn to deal with people better, and "grow a thick skin" so to speak.

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2009, 2:15 pm

here let me see if i can put up the pic.Image[img]http://[/img]

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2009, 11:55 pm

Aspie B
does something similar that Aspie A does
which is something Aspie A remembers being made fun of for from an NT
being brought back to that bad memory,
Aspie A then takes that NT's point of view
and then makes fun of Aspie B.

An example, there is an aspie (Aspie A) who does not know he is one, does not know what Aspergers is, but knows that he somehow does things alot differently than everyone else and then has to try really hard to be more like everyone else, but does not always succeed. So he is made fun of by NTs, people tell him he is (insert bad things here), but he tries to ignore all of it and move on, but with it all still bothering him. Then one day, he sees another Aspie (Aspie B) and with out directly realizing it or not he notices similarities, and then makes fun of him because that is the only response he knows to that kind of behavior or because of what has built up.