Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

hester386
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2009, 6:58 pm

I started taking my paxil about two months ago now, and instead of feeling depressed and anxious like I was before, I’m now starting to feel depressed and angry. Even when I’m not feeling quite “angry” I’m certainly much more irritable than I was before. It feels like I’m much less patient and tolerant towards other people. Does this mean I should go to the doctor and ask if I should change my meds?

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 7:05 pm

well you're clearly not getting the wished for effect, I have never taken Meds so maybe I should keep my yap shut, but if a medicine is not working after 2 months and is making you aggressive and causing you discomfort then yes, go to the doc and tell him to get creative because it's not working.

And if he says it takes time to get used to, you say 2 months is enough proving ground to see that there is no improvement.

:::)

hester386
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2009, 10:00 pm

Yeah, this certainly wasn’t the result I expected or wanted. I’m just not sure of how much of a difference it would make to take another type of anti-depressant. I mean, aren’t they all designed to do the same things more or less?

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

21 Apr 2009, 10:31 pm

hester386 wrote:
Yeah, this certainly wasn’t the result I expected or wanted. I’m just not sure of how much of a difference it would make to take another type of anti-depressant. I mean, aren’t they all designed to do the same things more or less?

There are different types of antidepressants & yes, they are pretty much designed to do the same thing but they work in different ways, so if this one isn't working it would pay to give another one a try.

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2009, 10:52 pm

I was started on paxil at first and it was useless. All I did was sleep at least 18 hours a day, to the point I was afraid to go to work for fear I'd either fall asleep there or fall asleep behind the wheel during the commute. It did cure my social anxiety, since I was too sleepy to interact with anybody :lol: .

After 2 months my therapist, hearing the effect of that pill, switched me to prozac, which worked great. She said that didn't make sense since they were the same thing, but she was wrong - there is definitely a difference.

So absolutely ask your Dr for a different pill.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 12:08 am

paxil for me totally ruined my entire life, i became this terror that everybody was afraid of me, it not only made me angry, but made me so emotionless. i would suggest if i was u, to get off meds try a herbal route like st johns wort helped me the best. either way best of luck, i still have many mental scars from paxil and other medications that ruined my life, been medication free for months and so much happier, and less angry.

NTIDAS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2009, 12:01 pm

hester386 wrote:
I started taking my paxil about two months ago now, and instead of feeling depressed and anxious like I was before, I’m now starting to feel depressed and angry. Even when I’m not feeling quite “angry” I’m certainly much more irritable than I was before. It feels like I’m much less patient and tolerant towards other people. Does this mean I should go to the doctor and ask if I should change my meds?

I've taken other drugs than Paxil. Elavil, in particular, messed with my libido and a few other things in my head I can't quite put my finger on. It's been a few weeks since I've been off of it and the issue is retreating but very slowly. Memory issues were huge after 2 weeks.

I'm back on 100% Sativas and am much better.

My first harvest of C-99 is coming up in about 20 days and I'll not have to buy dispensary meds anymore! Yaaaaaaay Me! :D

I've had it with Rx pills. I'll be making my own starting with the next harvest.

One step at a time!