Forcing your way into an appointment with doctor

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 11:42 am

People with AS aren't good with rules, so I want to know if I crossed the line here.

I was having stomach problems and wanted to see a particular doctor since he is considered the best in his field. When I called the appointment line, I was told that he only sees patients for advanced conditions that I do not have

I emailed the doctor directly. Initially I received an e-mail response from his assistant saying he could not see me. Before I had read the rejection e-mail I had been talking to his nurse at the medical center about sending my medical records to the office and told him off hand that I was trying to get an appointment with this doctor, but was waiting to hear back. This nurse told me that the doctor would be able to see me.

I feel bad doing and end around and going directly to him. I kind of feel I might have been too pushy and I don’t want someone to treat me if they don’t really want to.

Did I cross the line?

zee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 11:55 am

If he doesn't want to see you, then he won't. It sounds like you got lucky, so I wouldn't stress over it, but I wonder why you need to see this particular doctor if he treats conditions you don't have. Maybe he won't be able to help you, and maybe he isn't really the best, there could easily be some new doctor who will have a better idea of your problems. Next time maybe go with the advice your regular doctor gives instead of taking things in your own hands.

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:04 pm

zee wrote:
but I wonder why you need to see this particular doctor if he treats conditions you don't have. .

He is so good that he treats advanced stomach problems. I might be kind of the middle so normally would probably see someone else.

Sorenna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 3:40 pm

I know with my AUT it is very hard to communicate with Dr.'s and get the help I need. If you are able to this, your are doing very well. I have had to just not go till this are really advanced and it's harder and harder.

I hope that you are able to get the help that you need.