Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:25 pm

I posted this initially in The Haven, but had meant to post it here.

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2009, 12:30 pm

Yes, they do. People tend to really dislike my presence, even if I am quiet and stuff..

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:31 pm

:( I feel like the least wanted person on the planet.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:51 pm

Sorry, robo, but that place's taken - by me.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:51 pm

Sorry, robo, but that place's taken - by me.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:53 pm

[quote="Mikhaillost"]Yes, they do. People tend to really dislike my presence, even if I am quiet and stuff..[/quote

Ditto to that, it really gets me down at times.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 1:12 pm

am treated as a burden by neighbours,own family [not every single member,on either mums or dads side],treated as a burden in every residential home am move into by staff,and learning disability residential services/adult social services,because they found it impossible to find a place for am and did not think was worth the funding for own adapted bungalow.
It's only thanks to the NAS,social worker,LD-nurse,advocates and sister that am being transferred to a completely different organisation and res. home for severe autism/high complex needs,who understands am and dont think of am in terms of funding,they think of am as a person.

am don't care if people want rid of am,and in fact think people who want rid of other people for no reason other than differences have got bigger problems themselves.,no one should be treated like crap because someone has got a problem with self.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2009, 2:30 pm

At times I get the feeling that a friend of mine can't be bothred with me, which pisses me off :evil:

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 2:35 pm

On the phone, people end our conversations with "Sorry, Jeff, I have to go I will call you back in the evening.." and they never call.
People don't return my emails.
People get turned off around me.
People who were warm and friendly to their companions a minute ago, are cold and awkward with me.
If I am quiet, people dislike the sad expression on my face, and my tense body language.

I can only get along with people if I think of them as customers at work.

Last edited by Learning2Survive on 27 Apr 2009, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 2:39 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
am treated as a burden by neighbours,own family [not every single member,on either mums or dads side],treated as a burden in every residential home am move into by staff,and learning disability residential services/adult social services,because they found it impossible to find a place for am and did not think was worth the funding for own adapted bungalow.
It's only thanks to the NAS,social worker,LD-nurse,advocates and sister that am being transferred to a completely different organisation and res. home for severe autism/high complex needs,who understands am and dont think of am in terms of funding,they think of am as a person.

am don't care if people want rid of am,and in fact think people who want rid of other people for no reason other than differences have got bigger problems themselves.,no one should be treated like crap because someone has got a problem with self.

Right. I agree. We should make a hard effort to fit in and to get along with others, really try to understand the inappropriate things that we as aspies may do and try cut down on these, or to find socially acceptable alternatives. At the end of the day, we are looking for people who accept us as we are (but we should still try very hard to not do things that bother other people.)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 3:09 pm

I am not sure that everyone wants to rid themselves of me, but I do believe I am able to make some people happy just by leaving.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 3:14 pm

I don't see people queueing up to be with me. Most people avoid me and ignore me. I don't feel very wanted at all.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Apr 2009, 4:55 pm

All the time i don't like being around people even though i make the effort i still feel like they don't won't me around.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 5:00 pm

I used to feel that way, now not so much. Yes I am unpopular and not well liked but I feel loved by my friends.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 5:03 pm

Nobody's trying to get rid of me.

Nobody's ever near me.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 5:12 pm