How much of a misfit are you in WrongPlanet?

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

How much do you fit in here?
Zero. I'm as much of a misfit here as everywhere else 18%  18%  [ 17 ]
I feel I totally belong and completely in synch with the others here 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
On average, 50-50 25%  25%  [ 23 ]
More of a misfit than not 25%  25%  [ 23 ]
More belonging than not 25%  25%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 93

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 6:41 am

I feel that I belong, just as long as I keep my religious and political views to myself. I feel like an old fashioned rebel from an earlier time, when it comes to those two things.

Asuigeneris1
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 May 2009, 7:05 am

So technically I don't belong here on that level, but I will say that this place is helping me to understand someone that I love...and for that I am grateful.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 7:30 am

I chose "misfit" to honor my roots. I can't help it. My entire life has screamed "MISFIT!!"

HowlingMad1992
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2009, 7:37 am

I say 50 - 50 on my part. I like this forum and like to post my opinions but I don't know anyone on here.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 8:03 am

I've never really considered forums in terms of "belonging". I always just feel like myself. As far as "liking" goes, I very much like the people on this forum, and really enjoy posting here.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 8:54 am

serenity,

I'll notice if you stop posting, as you're the mother of the boy who holds his hand like me. :)

I've never really felt like I've belonged anywhere other than where I'm comfortable (i.e., not with a social group), and that's my "haven". I'd talk to more people via PM if I could, but alas, I only have so much social stamina.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:55 am

Greentea, this is not such an easy question to answer for, despite being a member of WP for 2yrs now, I feel I'm not that noticeable to a certain extent but, I try to not let this bother me for, atleast I gain a sense of better understanding in how others interact with various scenarios in his/her own lives as well, I'm always learning that all people in the spectrum are not identical twins of one another.. Therefore, regardless of being more of a shadow here I'm not someone whom has broken the rules or been deemed a malevolent aspect of this place.. Well, that is all I can say upon this wholeheartedly..

ProfessorX

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:51 am

Interesting, most of the people who've said so far that they don't feel they belong have always given me the feeling that they belong more than me here... A couple others I don't know because they don't post in this forum a lot.

And yes, belonging and fitting in is 2 different things, but both apply well here if we don't go into too much precision.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 10:57 am

<- doesn't fit here probably.

I'm that type of autistic who is apparently kind of rare.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 11:58 am

Danielismyname wrote:
serenity,

I'll notice if you stop posting, as you're the mother of the boy who holds his hand like me. :)

I've never really felt like I've belonged anywhere other than where I'm comfortable (i.e., not with a social group), and that's my "haven". I'd talk to more people via PM if I could, but alas, I only have so much social stamina.

Thanks Daniel. I'd definitely notice if you quit posting, too.

I am a member of another AS forum that I do get that sense of belonging in, but it's much smaller in size, and everyone on there is really friendly.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 May 2009, 12:46 pm

i think ive toned it down abit although i can get crazy on here mostely i loose all contol when intoxicated. :?

khelben1979
Toucan
Toucan

13 May 2009, 2:50 pm

My answer: On average, 50-50

I try to be very serious and post how I feel. Less posts and less garbarge, I hope.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 3:20 pm

I just thought that I´d clarify that I very often read people´s posts, maybe nod my head and think "me too", laugh if it´s funny, or remember when something similar happened to me...etc., etc.- but, in many cases, I don´t always reply to these posts. If I replied to everything, I´d never get off the computer! And people would be pretty sick of hearing about me, I would think. However, just because I don´t reply doesn´t mean that I haven´t noticed or responded inwardly to your post. I would think that applies to others here, too. So, for those of you who think you don´t fit in and that nobody notices you, you may be more noticed than you think.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 5:29 pm

There are other places where I feel like I belong more.

Actually, when I first joined, I think I was surprised to find that most of the members are nothing like me (or even each other).

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 9:22 pm

I feel like I belong in the sense that you guys understand me, and "know where I come from", but a lot of time I hear a lot of whining and complaining about how hard it is and all that, and I can't relate to that much at all.

It's really hit or miss for me. I guess that's an improvement for me over what I deal with offline; mostly misses :lol:

millie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 11:28 pm

Quote:
Greentea wrote:
Interesting, most of the people who've said so far that they don't feel they belong have always given me the feeling that they belong more than me here... A couple others I don't know because they don't post in this forum a lot.

And yes, belonging and fitting in is 2 different things, but both apply well here if we don't go into too much precision.

i have always had the impression of you that you are almost "an institution" here, Greentea, with your insights, your ideas and your observations and so many threads that are often interesting and also challenging.

It is interesting to consider the chasm between how one might view oneself and how others might view one.