Aye 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
I am a coward. 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 1:06 pm

"If I kill myself, I will never die alone."

Who signs up to this? I am pondering it...

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 1:27 pm

Oh great, just add to the stereotype of violent Aspies who shoot up their school or church or some sh**. No thanks.

Killing yourself and innocent people because you can't get along in the world and are a big crybaby is the cowardly thing to do. Living with AS is brave.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 1:59 pm

Oh Dear !

I feel that ending it all is not the right way for either an autie, aspie or NT to leave this mortal plane. I do not want to judge those who have chosen to die by their own hand, some people who are tormented do sadly choose to kill themselves.

Some of them do not have the courage to do it on their own, in the cases of people who form pacts to end it all together I fear that some vulnerable members of such teams might be coerced into going through with it.

However in cases where people choose a violent exit from this world where they choose to harm others, I am 100% horrified and disgusted by the prospect of another person who has chosen to commit murder with the intention of then committing suicide to escape the earthly consequences of their acts.

I would strongly urge anyone planning such a violent ending of their life to not do it.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:23 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
Oh great, just add to the stereotype of violent Aspies who shoot up their school or church or some sh**. No thanks.

If a few people removed their tormentors , you might wonder how little school bullying would actually occur.
Quote:
Killing yourself and innocent people because you can't get along in the world and are a big crybaby is the cowardly thing to do. Living with AS is brave.

Who said you had to kill innocent people. There are plenty of good nasty targets. May as well make the world better for those left behind.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:26 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
Oh Dear !

I feel that ending it all is not the right way for either an autie, aspie or NT to leave this mortal plane. I do not want to judge those who have chosen to die by their own hand, some people who are tormented do sadly choose to kill themselves.

Some of them do not have the courage to do it on their own, in the cases of people who form pacts to end it all together I fear that some vulnerable members of such teams might be coerced into going through with it.

However in cases where people choose a violent exit from this world where they choose to harm others, I am 100% horrified and disgusted by the prospect of another person who has chosen to commit murder with the intention of then committing suicide to escape the earthly consequences of their acts.

I would strongly urge anyone planning such a violent ending of their life to not do it.

Actually if you kill the right people on the way out, you are saving others. I certainly expect those who sadly feel they have no hope to give others like them some on their way out. At least then their death is not in vain.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:31 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
If a few people removed their tormentors , you might wonder how little school bullying would actually occur.

Actually, I would argue that violence would increase against people who, while now maybe are bullied simply for being "different", would in your scenario perceived as potential legitimate "threats"

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:44 pm

amazon_television wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:

Actually, I would argue that violence would increase against people who, while now maybe are bullied simply for being "different", would in your scenario perceived as potential legitimate "threats"

Disagree entirely. Look at what happened with Cho. People were beginning to turn around and realise that maybe, just maybe, they should not be so harsh to the odd-kid out. If a few more had followed, I think a big change would have happened.

Ultimately, terrorism works eventually. It is the inevitable consequence of a society being too rigid and refusing to adapt to its people.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:49 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
Disagree entirely. Look at what happened with Cho. People were beginning to turn around and realise that maybe, just maybe, they should not be so harsh to the odd-kid out. If a few more had followed, I think a big change would have happened.

Ultimately, terrorism works eventually. It is the inevitable consequence of a society being too rigid and refusing to adapt to its people.

Look at what happened after Columbine, though. In the weeks that followed, loners and Goths in schools across America were hauled in to school psychologists' offices and hassled for being in the "trench coat Mafia" like Harris and Klebold. Kids are encouraged to rat out their schoolmates for expressing their violent thoughts, rather than being forced to quit bullying them.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:55 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:

Look at what happened after Columbine, though. In the weeks that followed, loners and Goths in schools across America were hauled in to school psychologists' offices and hassled for being in the "trench coat Mafia" like Harris and Klebold. Kids are encouraged to rat out their schoolmates for expressing their violent thoughts, rather than being forced to quit bullying them.

When they start locking up victims, we win. If the state wants to do that, then the state can be forced to deal with school bullies. Properly.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 2:55 pm

i'm not sure what this means. we won't die alone because of god? because we're having a mass suicide? because we are our own company? what?

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2009, 2:58 pm

buryuntime wrote:
i'm not sure what this means. we won't die alone because of god? because we're having a mass suicide? because we are our own company? what?

I'm not sure what it means either. When I first read it I thought they were trying to get us to sign up to a mass Aspie suicide but now I'm just confused. :tongue:

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 3:00 pm

buryuntime wrote:

Means we take nasty people away along with ourselves.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 3:01 pm

buryuntime wrote:

He means he'll murder other people so they have to die with him.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 3:04 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
buryuntime wrote:

He means he'll murder other people so they have to die with him.

Its not murder. Its administration of justice from what I gather.

If people around you make you feel so bad that they make you want to end it, its only fair you make them reap the rewards of what they have done.

As for Columbine, different rationale.

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 3:15 pm

Whatever, dude.

Doubtless the FBI is already on the way to your house, posting this to the Web the way you did. You're obviously about to go postal, and inciting other people to commit murder is a crime.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 3:21 pm

arielhawksquill wrote:
Whatever, dude.

Doubtless the FBI is already on the way to your house, posting this to the Web the way you did. You're obviously about to go postal, and inciting other people to commit murder is a crime.

I am not inciting anyone to commit murder at all, in fact I have not told anyone to do anything. Merely I am just trying to understand the rationale behind people who go quietly. Surely there is none?

This is an academic conversation. Nor do I live in the US, so thankfully I am not subject to your laws.