Aye 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
I am a coward. 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 6

BoringAl
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2009, 5:48 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
I am not inciting anyone to commit murder at all, in fact I have not told anyone to do anything. Merely I am just trying to understand the rationale behind people who go quietly. Surely there is none?

This is an academic conversation. Nor do I live in the US, so thankfully I am not subject to your laws.

What do you mean you are trying to understand the rational of Those who go quietly?

You offer two choices: agree or "I am a coward.". That is not an academic conversation on the views of others.

Try this
Why would a person planning suicide not take their tormentors with them?
1. Moral, ethical, religious reasons.
2. It wouldn't help.
3. I don't want to be remembered as a monster.
4. Other see comment

I seriously hope you are looking for a reaction and not seriously contemplating either a murder/suicide or a suicide. Believe me, life has better parts.

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 6:05 pm

There are too many a***holes in the world to go around, so taking a few of them down with you wouldn't be worth the hassle in my opinion.

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 6:45 pm

nothingunusual wrote:
There are too many a***holes in the world to go around, so taking a few of them down with you wouldn't be worth the hassle in my opinion.

Ha - but if you kill one, you scare a million. Which is the point of the whole exercise. By scaring that million, you change society for those who are having those a***holes inflicted upon them.

If we had a few Cho's a year, society would improve drastically for us. Every time a bully senses a victim, they now have that small thought in the back of the head that the bully might strike back. Mathematically, my argument is sound.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 6:57 pm

I see. Most people don't think that way though.

When someone considers suicide usually all they are thinking about is themselves, or so everyone tells me.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 7:07 pm

buryuntime wrote:
I see. Most people don't think that way though.

When someone considers suicide usually all they are thinking about is themselves, or so everyone tells me.

We need to drum this thought into comrades then. If more people think on those lines then:
(a) Far less will do it because they have to take a step back, make some calculations and think about the decision. As in they have to do more than go into the wardrobe and down some pills.
(b) The ones that do go help ensure less comrades feel this way in the first place.

Winning strategy.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 7:08 pm

There are many types of cowardice, and one (as well I know) is to abdicate your responsibilities. Choosing death does not necessarily imply bravery.

The year is still young.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 7:13 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
There are many types of cowardice, and one (as well I know) is to abdicate your responsibilities. Choosing death does not necessarily imply bravery.

No, but choosing death and not doing anything for those like yourself left behind is just cowardly. At least when people go, they should try and make the world a better place in the process. Dying quietly in a corner, leaves no legacy.

At least do it publically, if you are too scared to take nasty individuals with you. Actually gives your passing some meaning then.

Edit: Just noticed you are in Durham. How do you stand the place?

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 8:19 pm

Kangoogle wrote:

I don't get out much. :D
(I live in East Durham to be more precise, not the City itself.)

The year is still young.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 8:43 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
If a few people removed their tormentors , you might wonder how little school bullying would actually occur.

My bullies assumed I would eventually become a Columbine-style school shooter as a result of their treatment of me. That didn't dissuade them in the least.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 9:04 pm

Orwell wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
If a few people removed their tormentors , you might wonder how little school bullying would actually occur.

My bullies assumed I would eventually become a Columbine-style school shooter as a result of their treatment of me. That didn't dissuade them in the least.

Jokingly they said that. If a few bullies were tortured to death every week, with their crimes posted up on the internet, how long do you think school bullying would last. We then move on to targeting randomly anyone perpetuating any pointless social value to any great deal. Of course we don't tell them the rules. All we do is what has been done to us all our live.

We would be in an amazing place, if even a quarter of suicides on the spectrum were done properly. They are all traitors in not doing the right thing on the way out.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 9:05 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:

I don't get out much. :D
(I live in East Durham to be more precise, not the City itself.)

Lucky you really. I am stuck in the ghastly university, basically just a finishing school for rahs who deserve in the large part to be sweeping the streets.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 9:09 pm

Kangoogle wrote:
Jokingly they said that. If a few bullies were tortured to death every week, with their crimes posted up on the internet, how long do you think school bullying would last.

It would continue, and victims of bullying would all be sent for counseling to counteract their violent tendencies.

Quote:
We then move on to targeting randomly anyone perpetuating any pointless social value to any great deal.

You'd be left with a rather lonely world. Anyways, how are you deciding what is or is not "pointless" in social values? Autistics by definition fail to understand social skills, so it's not as though you'd be an excellent judge of the purpose of any particular social practice.

Coadunate
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 9:11 pm

There have been many times in my life where I have been wrong about who was innocent and who was guilty. Every day is a new lesson. Sometimes the people who you thought were guilty are actually innocent and the people who you thought innocent are actually guilty. None of us is smart or wise enough to know for sure.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 9:15 pm

Orwell wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
Jokingly they said that. If a few bullies were tortured to death every week, with their crimes posted up on the internet, how long do you think school bullying would last.

It would continue, and victims of bullying would all be sent for counseling to counteract their violent tendencies.

They don't have enough counsellors. By a long long shot.
Quote:
Quote:
We then move on to targeting randomly anyone perpetuating any pointless social value to any great deal.

You'd be left with a rather lonely world. Anyways, how are you deciding what is or is not "pointless" in social values? Autistics by definition fail to understand social skills, so it's not as though you'd be an excellent judge of the purpose of any particular social practice.

No, no, once we get into the thousands we have scared half the world. Eventually we obliterate most of the social game. The idea is that there are no rules, we leave it up the individual to decide. Basically we treat everyone else exactly how they treat us.

Why would we intuitively understand a set of values built around everyone else? Also remember, even most NT's are far from perfect at this game. The whole system is basically the conservative disposition stamped onto society.

BoringAl
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2009, 9:19 pm

Hmm regular murder/suicides done by social outcasts. That would make people accept and respect us... Or you know complete oppression and institutionalism.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 9:21 pm

BoringAl wrote:
Hmm regular murder/suicides done by social outcasts. That would make people accept and respect us... Or you know complete oppression and institutionalism.

As long as we don't have people waving "I am aspie" on the videos they do, then we are fine. If they start locking us up then they have to destroy their entire social order to do it.

We are nearly totally imprisoned anyway. The worst they can do is send us from the frying pan to the fire.