Page 21 of 23 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2021, 11:04 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
MaxE wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
...pot and alcohol are considered essential services and they were still permitted to operate, even when other retailers were closed for months.

There was some controversy here over why liquor stores were considered "essential businesses" when non-essential businesses were closed. Just imagine what would have happened had they been locked down!

I agree. I don't know the rationale but I guess it keeps alcoholics or heavy drinkers from withdrawal, which could necessitate hospital care and take up a bed. Pot is considered medicinal like a stress medication, so that makes more sense to me.

It was for essential tax revenue generation. Everyone was sitting at home getting sauced, so, governments had to capitalize on that and collect as much alcohol sales tax as possible in order to fund ____ whatever.

LMAO -- yup. That occurred to me after posting. Total tax grab.
Health care is provincial as well, so the taxes could go toward hospitals during Covid. (In an ideal world lol).

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 8:39 am

Trudeau, the $600 million Prime Minister

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 8:42 am

Weregeek
2011-10-10

Weregeek
2012-10-08

Weregeek
2016-10-10

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 8:50 am

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 8:45 pm

if there were no canada, somebody'd have to invent one.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 10:37 am

Flown wrote:

#1 in Canada?

I would have believed it in the 1990's when they were released.. everyone ate them. Now they're still sold everywhere, but there are SO MANY new much more gourmet flavours from smaller companies that they're not quite the staple they used to be. But I still bought a Costco sized bag for my friend's work bbq party.

Anyways, yeah, def not my go to 30 years later.. more of a nostalgia thing now - which maybe that keeps them top of the charts still for people who buy "regular," potato chips on the regular. ?

Not available in the USA/outside Canada? Never really thought about that before.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 10:45 am

goldfish21 wrote:
#1 in Canada?

I would have believed it in the 1990's when they were released.. everyone ate them. Now they're still sold everywhere, but there are SO MANY new much more gourmet flavours from smaller companies that they're not quite the staple they used to be. But I still bought a Costco sized bag for my friend's work bbq party.

Anyways, yeah, def not my go to 30 years later.. more of a nostalgia thing now - which maybe that keeps them top of the charts still for people who buy "regular," potato chips on the regular. ?

Not available in the USA/outside Canada? Never really thought about that before.

I've seen them on store shelves here in the US in recent years. :) I hadn't heard of them until I watched Letterkenny :)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 10:56 am

Flown wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
#1 in Canada?

I've seen them on store shelves here in the US in recent years. :) I hadn't heard of them until I watched Letterkenny :)

icic

I've also never seen a label with images of what the flavourings are. Looks like bbq sauce, white vinegar, and paprika - which could very well explain why they taste like what they do.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 6:42 am

Bobby Heenan sez : If you people arent nice to Canada i will be calling The Mountie - and we all know he always gets his man !

:lol:

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 9:41 am

The Prime Sinister, Justun Trouduc (in French) -- Justin Trudeau

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 3:17 pm

Bought a Costco sized bag of "Spicy Ketchup," flavoured Hardbite (brand) potato chips last week. IIRC, ketchup chips are a Canadian thing - ya/no? Anyways, now we have Spicy Ketchup chips. 8) (and also Spicy Dill Pickle - those have been popular this past Summer. Spicy Ketchup is newer.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 3:09 am

the late great peter jennings

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 12:21 am

Nova Scotia

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 12:44 am

Charlette Dobre, one of my favorite youtubers, she is from Canada. And well she is cool as hell I love her anaylasyises of sh***y internet content. Sometimes her jokes fall short but makes up for it with all the time she does make a hilarious joke so maybe a bit hit and miss but I absolutely love most her content overall, it is quite entertaining.

Idk I do just really like her vidoeos, I have always kinda figured youtube fandom is kind of dumb, but Idk I think it could be cool to have a beer with charlette but idk if she even drinks. Either way she makes cool youtube videos and idk the lesbian part of me thinks she is really attractive but pretty sure she is straight but still she is a good looking and awesome woman.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2021, 2:07 am

maple syrup

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 2:56 am

the west edmonton mall.