Page 1248 of 1648 [ 24715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1245, 1246, 1247, 1248, 1249, 1250, 1251 ... 1648  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 10:44 pm

can't remember the last time I had one. but I generally take both for general pain relief.

same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 10:48 pm

I have a fever right now. In fact, it's been brewing all week. I have never responded to Tylenol and I'm not allowed Aspirin because of my stroke (I'm on other anticoagulants). So, I'm not sure what will help. I'm 38.5 or 101.3.

water or gingerale?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 11:12 pm

^^^have you tried ginger tea?
https://www.top10homeremedies.com/home- ... fever.html
hopefully in this link there will be something useful for you.

cold water is healthiest, but ginger ale with real ginger in it might make you feel better. "the solution to pollution is dilution." so the recommendation is to make yourself hydrate more, with cold water.

same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 11:18 pm

Awww, thanks Blabby! That was very kind of you! I've not heard of all those remedies before. I like the apple cider vinegar one. Garlic in tea sounds hideous but at this point I'm game for almost anything! 8)

I love cold water and yes I'm downing lots of it, with ice.

Physics or Chemistry?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 11:31 pm

^^^ prego :wtg:

that is like choosing between a marching band without drums, or without marching. so I will eeny-meeny-miney-moh it and say physics as it probably fathered chemistry in various way.

same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2018, 11:36 pm

I did quite well in Physics at the high school level, but didn't study it in Uni. I don't recall really learning Chemistry. I had to take Math in University but it was mostly Calculus.

Geometry or Algebra?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:04 am

I was born without the maths genes, i'm pretty much innumerate [not of numbers but of number crunching].

I think I could learn the rudiments of angles though, but I might just be naïve.

write a story about a forbidden love
or
a story about the origins of hatred

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:08 am

They're one and the same in Wuthering Heights (I know, I know... sorry!) 8)

I suppose it would be easier to write the second, in my experience anyway.

Write a song about loneliness or write a song about harmony?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:12 am

needs 2b more harmony in this world. with more harmony may come less loneliness. :idea:

same question.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:19 am

I agree, but I think loneliness would be an easier song to write. I'd be worried about the harmony song sounding cheesy.

Question: Should I get a new laptop or fix this one?

It's about 8 years old and freezes quite predictably for about 30 minutes a day. Logging on takes 15 minutes, easily. The keyboard has no backlight so I need a flashlight at night to use the symbol keys, which I can't find by touch (%$#@^, etc.) It also burns my skin because it gets so hot. But, otherwise it's fine. LOL.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:24 am

sounds like it needs a good overhaul. hot=bad. please get it looked at ASAP. mine is long in the tooth also. new ones are expensive for sure, they are a temporary investment as designed obsolescence is a handmaiden of satan in this world. I would also shop around online for as new and advanced a computer as you can afford, in an attempt at staying one step ahead of the steadily accelerating hardware requirements just to surf the web and run common software of the near future. if you find that yours is not "fixable," then the best bargain new puter you find will be your plan B.

take off into space and other dimensions with UFO phil :alien: to lord knows where
or

stay home?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:34 am

Home is good.

I'm sure my agoraphobia would act up considerably in other dimensions, even with Phil.

Thanks for the bump to get my laptop inspected. It does get freakishly hot. I can't touch the bottom without a blanket or towel on my lap and even then the towel heats up. I can afford a new MacBook or a new IPhone, but I refuse to get both. I don't know which is a greater need. I use my phone when I leave home (required for my PTSD plan), and I use laptop here. Both are getting very old. Will get a quote on the laptop and go from there.

PS. I'll make a sandwich for Phil. He can visit my house.

Go bowling or go mini golfing?

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2018, 12:44 am

Bowling
Live in the future or the past?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 12:46 am

In the past, please.