Page 7 of 16 [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2012, 6:41 pm

ReaperKnight wrote:
Name: LCMDR Jason Rhodes
Race: Human
Planet: Noble Planet
Magic: Jason knows enough to conjure a ball of light, but he has never been interested in Magic.
Ship: DDR-957 Burning Nova, a Hellpeak-class Destroyer, consisting of 500 Shiva-class Guided Ship-to-Ship Missiles, 20 8 caliber defensive chain guns, 2 Hellfire Electrically-charged Magnetic Coilguns, capable of crippling a supercarrier with full shields, 150 Guided Nuclear Missiles and the crème de la crème, a Ventral-side High Energy Ground Support Laser, capable of gutting any unshielded ship and permanently damaging any shields.
Background: Of the 11 years he has been a part of the RNF, or Royal Naval Force, only 3 has he captained a ship, and only two of those years were official. After the previous captain was shot dead by pirates, Rhodes was made captain of the Burning Nova just before the Raid on Shiva in 3054, when an incident with pirates tore apart their fleet, and left Shiva in a state of nuclear winter. Rhodes has recovered from that event and still captain's the old Destroyer.

(OCC: Great Idea! Maybe he could be friends with Razieh or know him? That would allow many a plot points.)

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2012, 1:02 am

OOC: Very interesting character. Like Anarbaculardrop suggested, certainly approved. That being said, I'm not sure how much approval we actually need to give and receive any more considering that it is only the three of us at the moment.

IC: After twisting for a few moments, it was clear that Nyskel was trying to get out of the way of the other's spit. Even if he was into extreme sports, the elf-creature liked to keep rather clean and this was completely cramping his style. Blinking for a few moments, he squirmed again and shut one eye before trying to blink away the grime.

"I honestly haven't heard anything about the death of an ambassador, though I'm quite sorry it happened. Believe me, if I did I would have sent condolences to the family...wait a moment, you couldn't possibly think that I was the one that killed the individual in question, do you? I haven't the slightest idea what's going on - honestly."

With a sigh, he tried to struggle a bit but eventually consigned himself to being stuck here for the time being. He had to admit that this was a strange place. In fact, he'd never seen so much rubber material used on a floor before in his life.

"How did you even find out who it is that I am? I mean did you only pick me up because mine was the next ship out...or did you have some particular way of knowing who I am?" Suddenly, he started to forget whether or not the soldiers had yet even said his name or not.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

OCC: Sorry to say this, but is your guy some sort of space elf like the eldar from 40k? All I know about the game is from looking at the wiki a bit, as well as hearing about it in forum.

IC: The orc then replied in a calmer, less aggressive,"So, you think you are so smart? Well, here is what happened: someone got an ant noble blasted, then he lost the head. Found in a dumpster. May be you have heard about it? If not, I am not the idiot, you are."
The elf-like being learned from this statement that the orc was not as easy to trick as he might of hoped, would not be persuaded, and definitely not be to be insulted. Yes, he was not able to pronounce the letter 'c', but that does not mean that he is unintelligent.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2012, 5:10 pm

OOC: I'm not offended at all. I guess the idea could have been in the back of my head when I created him, but I didn't base him off anything in particular. I was actually thinking of him more as a rocker in space than a Warhammer 40k character. I'm flattered at the connection, though.

IC: The main problem was that Nyskel wasn't trying to trick the orc in any way at all. That wasn't his plan. Instead, he was trying to convince him of his innocence because it was quite real. Looking up to the other once again, he fully cleared his throat and shook his head. "You're trying to put words in my mouth. I don't watch or listen to the news anyways - it can be really lame! I'm not insulting you man. I'm tellin' the truth!"

Nyskel was no idiot either, but this conversation was quite understandably making him very nervous. He didn't like the fact that he was genuinely being accused of a crime that he had no way of actually committing. He probably had never even been to the planet it happened on.

That was it!

"What planet did this crime take place on? You can check the log of my ship and see which planetary bodies I've been too lately. You can't modify the software that makes those sorts of logs - it's against the law after all."

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 9:31 pm

OCC: So more like Beeblebrox or Ford from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

IC:The orc replied,"Shiva. An ape found the stinkin' mess, of kourse a garbage person. Not a lot of interest to you, but to everyone else who keeps up to date, it is. Been sent on this mission. I am not akusin' you of anything. Then he leered in Nyskel's face."What's your thoughts on Beuakrakisy, boy?" he said in a calm yet dangerous tone.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2012, 11:43 pm

OOC: Yes, totally Zaphod Beeblebrox! Think of him as obsessed with narcissism, living irresponsibly and such. That's completely what I had in mind when I created Nyskel. I loved Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by the way.

IC: "Bureaucrats? Well, I mean, they all kinda suck, right? If I were in charge, I think that the universe would be a much safer and more effective place." His eyes started to bug out slightly as he grinned and squirmed before looking up to the other individual that was apparently holding him. "Plus, everyone would be much better dressed if I was calling the shots! I mean, look...am I right? The camo pants and studded belt...they'd come right back into vogue."

Nyskel looked over and smirked with a roll of his eyes. "Hey man, I'm not trying to start a fight, but your own fashion is sorta lame. Mind if I make a few suggestions?"

It seemed that the elf's apparently previously cautious nature had suddenly evaporated and been replaced with the more casual personality that he projected at the moment.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 4:22 pm

The Orc suddenly bellowed in Nyskel's with fury words that were hard to understand but ran something like this:"You are Worthless!" and "You Suk!" and other such insults so varied and wide while the elf-like being was slapped with extreme prejudice. Tears would pour.
The two guards dragged him, after he was knocked out and unconscious, into the medical ward.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2012, 1:21 pm

Soon enough, Nyskel found his head spinning. Naturally, he still tried to be himself even after being treated like he was some sort of prisoner. Well, he apparently was their prisoner, but he wasn't being legitimately held by any means.

"Well there, it seems that Orc justice is a bit heavy handed at times...right?" Nyskel had to fight through the pain to keep up his usual personality. That being said, he still didn't quite feel that he did anything wrong. For that matter, he wasn't quite sure what the beings on this vessel wanted him to do. What was the torture supposed to even accomplish?

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2012, 1:42 pm

The Doctor, something that looks like a cross between an alligator, monkey, and beaver with purple fur, muttered in a shocked, almost caring tense, "poor lad, being careless of what he says to Mr. Razieh. Definitely the most ill-tempered and bureaucratic fellow I have met. Too much of one who memorizes and strictly enforces laws. I hope one day that, while in a firefight, his brutal tools jam. He doesn't take insults to about him and his favored practices. Definitely harsh."

Now when those words reached Nyskels ears, and he suddenly realized his error. He thought back to what the orc did and suddenly it all made sense. Of course, that didn't make anything better.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2012, 4:17 pm

Well, at least this individual almost had feelings like a regular person. Well, almost anyways. When one was out in space as long as he had been, things were often a little different. After all, few people were able to identify with such alien creations. In a certain respect, Nyskel found this sad. He wished everyone could get along. Hopefully, getting along didn't involve having his ears sawed off.

"I apologize if I've done something to screw up my chances of survival here. Is there something that you'd permit me to do to rectify my mistake? Maybe I could get you to ask me the next round of questions? I mean, you know...play some good cop/bad cop relations, right? Isn't that the way you guys rock and roll on these cruisers?"

With a sigh, he again tried to focus on the immediate situation. Every word he spoke could mean the difference between life and death for him.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2012, 11:22 pm

The doctor, who was busily tiding up, was walked in upon by a soldier. He said,"Well, what have you been talking about? His harsh treatment? Well, I had to suffer the same beating, only with a baton. It's to remind us who's in charge, what your suppose to and suppose to not do, and just plain punishment." He then said, "Doc, I think I need to-" but before he said a word, the ship started to rock.A warning siren turned on. The soldier ran out of the room caring his weapon as an urgent message played:"Hostiles are on board the ship. Eliminate all hostiles."

They were being boarded.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 May 2012, 1:37 am

"You realize that I'm not even a citizen of...whatever it is that you guys represent, right? I demand some sort of legal council thingy...I have some kind of right to that sort of thing now don't I?" Nyskel smirked for a moment as he started to look up before he finally realized the serious nature of their situation. It certainly did take him long enough.

"Hostiles?!"

Blinking for a moments, the elf-creature came to the realization that he wasn't going to survive if they didn't learn to cooperate to at least some degree. They needed to work together if they were going to see the day through.

"Eeeh, Doc! Do you guys have a weapon? I'd gladly join ya in the firefight, but they took everything that I had when I came aboard like I was some sort of a criminal. With the way that I've been treated, you'd think I were!"

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 12:39 am

The strange creature said,"yes, we do. The armory is to the left of the barracks, which are across this room. All I have is a pistol with steel rounds. You might need some power armor or a quick reflex suit." The doctor then pulled out his weapon. Then Nyskel went to the Armory. Inside were two sub machine guns, five blaster pistols, a box full of ammunition, and an another box half full of knives, as well as the two different types of suits mentioned. Empty spaces were weapons would be suggested that the soldiers had been here, as well as two large empty spaces suggested the orc was here to.

OCC: How is the story going?

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2012, 2:13 am

OOC: Not bad at all. I think we have another player in here, but I haven't seen any other posts from the other individual. Are we rather lax about rules, then, with the way the RP is going? Usually there'd be something about the degree to which you could manipulate another player's character, but it never seemed to be really in affect here.

IC: As the space-elf creature continued to peruse the armory, he paused for a few moments once he was assured that he collected everything he needed. He felt strange in a power suit, and he knew very well that he hadn't worn one for years. Nyskel never needed to do so because he never really got involved in combat. Well, anything of this caliber. Usually a laser sword was enough to take care of the sort of ruffians that he ended up associating himself with.

"So I take it that there were several others that, like, you know, got the goods on and what have you." It took Nyskel forever just to say that he figured there were others that suited up before them.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 9:26 pm

As Nyskel was suiting up, he heard sounds that were terrifyingly loud and violent. What seemed to be a pirate was stumbling in the room, but then a large something collided into his torso. The man's body was ripped asunder, blood, guts, and other matter were sprayed across the room. Whatever hit him, he was definitely dead from it. The being who stood behind the remnants of the corpse was Razieh, in full power armor. Blood covered his body, and the guns he were carrying looked like two large pistols with twin barrels that seemed to fire tank rounds. The being looked at the horrifying remains of the corpse, laughed, and then walked away toward the battle.

OCC:Now you know what his large guns do, what is your thoughts on them?

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2012, 2:23 am

OOC: I had a bad feeling it was going to be something like that!

IC: With a wince, Nyksel started to step back, "Hey, you know, just because I wear these camo pants doesn't at all make me part of the army! I don't have to be involved in..." As he started to protest, the seemingly elf-like creature heard a blast beside him. Nervously turning his head towards the explosion, he finally hefted up his own weapons and started to return fire. The image of Razieh was enough to spur him on. He didn't really know the other individual, but there had to be a bit of retribution for that sort of a slaying.

He knew that he wouldn't have allowed the other to die in vain. Things were going to be very different now. While he might have previously seemed to be like quite a coward, some sort of heroic energy had been awakened within him. Maybe in some ways everyone had that reserve. It just took him a little while longer to summon it than most.