Page 15 of 16 [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2012, 10:21 pm

"How do you feel about illutions? I could focus one around us that would make us look like palace servents. My ship could hold the actual people while we maskeraid as them? The ships are now hiding in the moon."

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2012, 10:57 pm

"We still don't have papers and even if you could fake the appearance of papers without knowing what needs to be written on them, the feel of holding them, and any scans they have to go through, illusions can still be seen through."

OOC: How did my ship get on the moon and, seeing as they would no doubt notice it leave and hang out there, why would that be any safer? Especially since now I have no quick way to get off the planet, no access to my other flasks and potions, and no giant, state-of-the-art warship to protect me? :hmph:

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Oct 2012, 11:05 pm

OOC: it got put in my ship and my ship transformed into light and reassembled on the moon.

"Papers. PAPERS!! !!"
I i form a ball of pure kenetic energy and throw it at a nearby mountain. When the dust clears, there is a 2km wide crater in the ground.
"Sorry, just got a bit mad at myself, i really am messing up today. How good are you with hights? The fastest way to get to the ships will be to levitate there."

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2012, 12:31 am

OOC: Haha, well, if you want me to write a post that Nyskel was somehow separated from the rest of his shuttle crew and ended up involved with everyone else I could do that. It could be rather funny, considering his personality. Anarbaculardrop hasn't seemed to post in a few days, so I was wondering how he would feel about it. Otherwise, I'm all game and like I said I think it could be a very funny idea if we can pull it off just fine. I can only imagine how Nyskel would react in such strict surroundings. He's so casual otherwise.

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2012, 6:47 am

OOC: than lets try it.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Oct 2012, 5:56 pm

OOC: All right, I certainly hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes then! Please let me know if a retcon is needed later.

IC: Nyskel was mumbling around for quite some time on the shuttle, and as it descended things were looking rather grim to say the least. He didn't want to have to put up with being shoved on someone else's vessel. Therefore, the first opportunity that he received to take off was quickly taken. He was glad to be apparently free of the horrific prison that he was in.

Ironically, though, that horrific prison was the vessel that he himself had owned! Clearing his throat for a moment or two, he walked around. Yes...yes this was really solid ground. He'd been looking for this for some time. Well, that wasn't exactly the best way to put it since Nyskel really did prefer to be in space. Though he wasn't genuinely born amongst the stars, he often felt like it. However the space-elf was grateful for being free for the time being.

Turning about, he looked up and carefully cleared out his throat. Eventually he sighed again and turned upwards towards the sky. He was...well, he was somewhere be he wasn't quite sure where he was going to end up. Soon enough, his feet were running. He knew that to be safe he needed to get moving as quickly as possible. Maybe he could find some sort of settlement to blend into.

Then again, a rock star of his caliber didn't just blend into the rest of the crowd!

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 7:42 pm

*Facepalm* "I see subtlety and self-control are not your strong suits." Talway mutters as the mountain explodes.

OOC: While The Starswimmer isn't intelligent unless Talway is hooked up to it, it's still alive and still has fight-or-flight instincts and would try to fight or flee (probably fight) if something tried to move it. The water inside it is under extreme pressure and the G's it would pull being drug up to the moon that fast, if it could be brought under control, would probably cause it to burst destroying both of our ships. furthermore, even if you got it to the moon and it couldn't be seen with the naked eye, the ships could still be found via radar, thermal imaging, or magic. And even if all these things were taken care of, By moving Talway's ship without his permission Vishna effectively stranded him on a hostile planet with Vishna having total control of wether he leaves or not. Talway would never trust Vishna again. This would be a whole lot simpler if Vishna never tried to move The Starswimmer, Especially since the Royal guard had no reason to be more suspicious of Talway than anyone else until Vishna turned him invisible in front of the cameras.

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

OOC: ya, didnt think of that. The ship is still at the docks and i disabled the cameras as we were leaving.

"How self controled would you be after waking up from eons of being in a coma in a strange universe. But i see your point. Can you call your ship from here?

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 10:38 pm

"I'd still be right next to it if you hadn't tried to drag me out of the landing area!" Talway spat before running out range of vishna's invisibility.

Seeing Talway break back for his ship, the guards unloaded every spell in their arsenal on him... but it didn't seem to have any effect. Talway popped the cap off a flask of knock-out gas, breaking the dimensional seal on the bottle and sending knock-out gas spewing out of the pocket dimension all at once. He hurled it into the mass of guards in his way. The flask, normally nigh-unbreakable due to the pocket dimension exerting spacial pressure from inside, had become brittle after the seal was broken and shattered on impact, spewing out all it's remaining contents at once and knocking out all the guards in the way. Talway (who has apparently built up an immunity to his own poisons) ran through the cloud and got on board the Starswimmer.

Skipping pressure adjustment was always risky, but as his species and natural abilities to withstand water pressure and he had augmented those abilities via mutagens, he would likely manage. After frantically hooking himself into the ship's nervous system, The Starswimmer sprung to life and shoved those guards who were foolish enough to try to attack it into it's mouth with it's tentacles. Talway began a slow ascent out of the planet's atmosphere, knowing he'd have to deal with enemy fighters considering how slow his ship was.

With a dagger-toothed grin, he looked forward to it.

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2012, 9:32 am

Gary watched talaway run towards the ship. "Whats he doing?" He asked himself as he walked toward the landing area. He saw talaway disable the guards and get into his ship. "Oh he's escaping the planet. I should probably follow him." Gary took out his pistol and walked calmly into the landing area. A few of the guards that were still concius ran towards him. Gary just stood there as they surounded him guns, hands and tetacles pointed at his head. The captain said into a walky talky"we got the hummunoid, shot down that other one if you have to." Looking back to Gary he told him to drop his wepon.

"Lets see, there is 20 of you aand one of me. Such bad odd, for you. Now let me and my friend pass or i will be forced to distroy this area. Yu have 10 seconds to comply."

As he counted, Gary formed a ball o f dark electricity around him. He added layers until it was almost 3m wide on all side.
The guards all opened fire on him. But all the firepower, magic and matter thrown just bounded off the sphere.

"3, 2, 1, 0. Too late."

Gary pushed the energy out wards, nooking the guards flying in all derections. When the wall of energy reached the control tower it shatered all the windows, overloaded the power grid causing the gerarators and transmition lines to melt, and wiped every computer hooked up to the network.
Once rhe wall was completly surronding the landinding area, Gary's ship reapeared next to him. Gary got in it an set a Course for talaways ship.

Gary contacted talaways ship and send a Quick message
"Lets get out of here"

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 8:41 pm

Talway looked pack down at the landing area after hearing an explosion. Gary was senselessly blowing things up again. :roll:

He hoped no civilians got caught up in that mess...

Looking back up, He saw fighters scrambling to block him. He had already begun changing his warp drive, but activating it while not in open space was a bad idea. Time to arm the chemical cannons.

The Starswimmer began pumping a chemical out of a bladder-like organ through a pore in it's "head" at high velocity via muscle spasm, coating a ship with a goo that rapidly began to freeze, forcing the pilot to eject. He connected the other two chemical cannons to the same bladder enabling rapid-fire. The ship's pilots first tried to attack The Starswimmer with magic, But that didn't seem to have any effect. The ships switched to mundane weapons and began flying circles around The Starswimmer, eroding it's shields with their fire. Talway feigned helplessness to avoid encouraging launching more ships until he felt the Starswimmer begin to actually take damage, Then he had The Starsmimmer attack with a graceful spinning motion, it's tentacles corroding their way through the enemy fighters rather than cutting or crushing them. With all the fighters either disabled or destroyed And none already launching, Talway figured he'd be clear to activate his warp drive before new fighters caught up.

OOC: Gary is quite the show-off. He's going to steal Nyskel's thunder. :tongue:

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2012, 9:50 pm

OOC: yes he is a show off. What do you expect of king with near endless powers.

Gary saw talaways ship take out a few of the fighters chasing it. When Gary saw the last fighter hammering the ship with rounds, he was about to blast it out of the sky using kenetic energy rotating cannons but sadly talaways ship disolved the other ship with its tentacles.

"Come on. I was about pulverise it"

As talaways ship started to warp out of theplanets g-field, Gary told his ship to turnninto light and follow talaway.

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2012, 2:56 am

OOC: Wow, I'm going to have to do quite a bit to keep up with Gary! I hope that what I did with Nyskel works okay, since you wanted him to meet up with Talaway. I wonder what happened to our other poster though.

IC: Nyskel ran for a long period of time. Indeed, he kept running and doing his best to free himself from the boundaries of the individual that had for seemingly so long held him captive. Then again, considering his remarkably short attention span, Nyskel had actually probably not realized how long he'd been held. Regardless of the length, Geithern's actions were against his will and even if he were attracted to her before, he wanted to make a break for it if he had the opportunity to do so right now.

Turning back to face the direction he came, he finally made it towards what seemed to be another vessel. For the time being, this seemed like a pretty good way off this world and back towards...well, he couldn't say his own ship because it had been misappropriated for someone else's purposes.

Well, anyways he felt that this ship was moving and...hey, moving? He shouldn't have been able to feel anything over the inertial dampers, should he have? This was going to get really dangerous really fast if he didn't figure out what it was that he was supposed to be doing.

"Hey, is anybody, like home or anythin' man?!"

Talway certainly was, but Nyskel didn't have the slightest idea about that. He would have had an easier time walking around if the vessel itself wasn't rocking about in the way that it was. This was quickly going to become a major recipe for disaster if he wasn't careful about it.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 9:51 pm

Talway, who had fled to the outer rim once his warp drive re-charged, was busy contacting the order of translucence about what happened and it took him a while to realize he was being hailed.

He swam to the communications module.

"Hello?"

Visha9000
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

OOC: me or vashna?

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 12:11 am

OOC: Vashna.